Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Stealth-Dog Compare To Stealth-Sentinel?

[DE]Momaw

Question

So I was looking at my Shade recently and crying sadly for the good old days when Shade was actually really good.  Modern-day Shade has very unreliable cloak activation, a rather painful cooldown time between cloaking, and stops cloaking the second you move more than 10 meters away from an enemy.   I am wondering, how does the Huras compare in terms of mechanics and usefulness?

14 answers to this question

No comparison, Huras all the way.

EDIT: But especially so after an intense investment, the Kubrow mods will drain some hellacious resources including Forma, Cores, and a vast mountain of credits. Following after you'll notice where Sanctuary blocks two bullets while you're rezzing the Huras not only has already cloaked you or has knocked everything nearby it on it's @$$ (if not killed) depending on the order of the abilities you've slotted.

Edited by Un1337ninj4

Huras in my experience is VASTLY superior to Shade in terms of ability. I counted a total cloak time of at least 1min 30secs as long as your within a certain distance of an enemy (haven't been able to figure out the correct distance) and a cooldown of roughly 5secs. Huras IS the stealth companion to choose if want to sneak past enemies. He also makes rushing through captures stupidly easy as long you rush for the targets.

I thought Shade cloaked you indefinitely as long as an enemy was within its LoS... and if it decided to cloak you in the first place. In any case, it's enough to revive a teammate by yourself, or to run through a big crowd of enemies on your way to extraction/on the way to the other end of the room.

But yes, Shade's Ghost needs a fix. It's too unreliable to save you when you most need it, though when it does occur it's a blessing.