Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want Some Confirmation From Devs Regarding Vauban Colors (Did It Change Or Is It Bug?)

Aure7

It might sound weird that this is important to me, but why default vauban energy color changed? Or was it even intended to change?

Here are comparisons.

Jmh3Y7X.jpg

On the left is a screenshot from codex. The same (bright blue) color was vauban's default color from the beginning. You can see it from screenshots in the wiki and I can also kinda remember it.

On the right is a screenshot in game with default vauban's color, which is obviously purple.

Which is the "intended" one? Is the codex outdated and vauban's color was simply changed because someone decided so? Or is current purple an incorrect value that somebody has accidentally set?

This will probably won't get answers from devs so , what is YOUR preferred default color for him? What do you think looks better on him?

I need this for... reasons. Well to be more exact I am obsessed with drawing fanart that is 100% faithful to the original.

Edited by Aure7

The Gamma palet (also everything regarding it but not listing here) changed colors and if you had previously 'default' colors on something, after the update they were very different, but same colors can be seen by hitting the original colors button.

Even looked in my Tenno pallete shows purple for vauban so I think the codex is the one thats just off.

Yeah I checked that palette too. I also think that if they accidentally made it purple it might have switched automatically in the palette as if it simply took the value from some sort of "default vauban colors".

The Gamma palet (also everything regarding it but not listing here) changed colors and if you had previously 'default' colors on something, after the update they were very different, but same colors can be seen by hitting the original colors button.

I know that. These colors are what i got from hitting the "default colors" button.

I'm going to say that the codex energy colour is the proper one since it just simply looks like it'd better suit the other colours. There were some recent changes to colours but that shouldn't have changed the default colours so I'd imagine this is just a mistake.

Gamma was updated relatively recently to what it was intended to be. Up to this point we have been using basically faded out colors.

Again, I know this perfectly well. But this seems different. It's not that it was faded out purple before the update. It is completely different hue. Also the ACTUAL default colors haven't changed, after the update rolled out, you simply had to hit "default colors" button to get new appropriate washed out colors that represent what they always have been. Basically no default colors changed as you see them in game from what I've tested except vauban energy.

Default colors are still using the old over-saturated versions that were initially picked to compensate for the color problems.  When colors were changed, the default color selections were not.

they were, you just have to click "default colors" button again, it will pick appropriate colors.

they were, you just have to click "default colors" button again, it will pick appropriate colors.

No, it still picks the old ones, which don't show up the same way due to the color changes.

Custom colors...

custom_colors.jpg

I hit default...

hit_default.jpg

And it picks those colors, which show up in-game as...

in_game.jpg