Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ancients Spawn Too Much

(PSN)theelix

Wave 9 of Sechura, I had nothing but Ancients.  Wave 10, mostly ancients. 

Now, U13.7 this wouldn't have been a problem, just don't get close or play it safe, right? 

U14.1 they seem to disrupt you by just breathing on you, meaning having two Ancients is a handful, at least for me. 

Then thirteen of them spawn at once, and four of them shoot their stupid grappling hooks at me and the other nine are disrupting me while I'm down... and I'm not down for that long, I wear Constitution (40% Knockdown Recovery Increase.) 

It. Is. Absolutely ridiculous. Tone down their spawning PLEASE. I don't care that they disrupt you and that ability reflects off of all the enemies near them, I don't care that they now have grappling hooks, even though that doesn't make much sense... To me, the grappling hooks are much worse than when they insta-slapped you (even when you could be doing a slide, a slide jump, a wall run... They had really, really powerful prediction and the range was pretty significant) and threw you fifteen meters before stretching their arms and tickling your feet, getting rid of all of your energy and shields. But them spawning in groups of twenty or more is absolutely ridiculous. Moreso than if they had the insta-slap along with having grappling hooks. (By that point, we wouldn't be Tenno, we'd be Paddleballs.) 

It doesn't help that it takes ~15 seconds to switch and use weapons, making blocking not the most viable option unless you have your melee out or unless you use Speed Holster, which lowers it to like ~9 seconds but... Let's be honest. That's an absolute waste of the Aura slot, especially when we shouldn't need an Aura for that... Blocking also doesn't protect you from their magnetic procs, so blocking is almost utterly pointless against them for anything but stopping the knock down. 

I wanna know from the PC players: Have they down toned the Ancient Spawn rate? Or is it not as high as it is for me in general and I'm just having a bad day. 

I've been noticing that I find groups of five - seven ancients on the Breeding Grounds operation. It makes it quite difficult. Everything else melts to my DHS and Swirling Tiger, but they grab me during my combos and it makes it quite impossible to do anything, especially when you could be standing right in front of them and they decide to use the grappling hook on you, for what ever stupid reason. 

Side Note: Can someone explain to me why the quick block was removed? I don't really understand why. Was it that DE thought it didn't make sense, because to me it makes a lot more sense than being able to quick melee... 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Welcome to U14.

I can deal with most of the other things with U14. The host leaving and screwing us out of everything by making us force quit the application is a bit annoying but everything else is fine. I like the new UI, I see a lot of people hate it but I think it lacks the speed of the old UI. Like, alerts were a lot easier to get to. But, it's not much slower. They gave up a bit of speed for a lot of glamour, but all in all I think it was a good change.

Worst part is that auras are passive abilities. When ancients show up, entire infested horde becomes buffed and there is nothing you can do about it. Sure, you can prioritize them, but when they are coming in endless stream it's pretty pointless. And many light infested provide solid DPS, CC and area denial but with so much damage mitigation from ancients they are horde of bullet sponges. Horde of bullet sponges with toxic and energy draining DPS, CC and area denial.

Vauban isn't as great against infested as he used to be. Bastille can't hold enough infested to matter and it's hard to hit that ancient in vortex. Take Nyx! She makes infested to turn on each other and thus deprive each other from their usefull auras.

Edited by Prany

The only problem I see with the ancients is in things like void defense. The hallway heroes get killed, leaving me or one of the other teammates to go an revive em' which is hard to do when surrounded by buffed enemies.

Edited by _V0RTEX_

I think it could be a spawning bug or something because i can go from Wave 0-5 without seeing a single ancient then all of a sudden on Wave 10 nothing but Ancients spawn. 

It's not a bug. Ancients allways start spawning at wave 5.

The only problem I see with the ancients is in things like void defense. The hallway heroes get killed, leaving me or one of the other teammates to go an revive em' which is hard to do when surrounded by buffed enemies.

Problem? If hallway heroes get downed, let them die.

It's not a bug. Ancients allways start spawning at wave 5.

Problem? If hallway heroes get downed, let them die.

I don't respect that very much, since I'm usually the "Hallway Hero." Mainly because the other teammates are useless, leaving me to have to Radial Blind which now for some reason will glitch infested and stop them from moving or attacking ever again. This wouldn't be a bad thing if seven or eight ancients didn't eat through my health, shields, and energy supply. Four or five, sure, they bring it down pretty quick. But I don't walk up and die from being looked at and I HAVE to get close to them. The Dual Heat Swords, especially under the 4x stealth bonus easily do 3k damage and I run life steal, making the melee attacking them a number one priority for me. I don't get downed through being a complete dip, I get down because they breathe on me and proc me with Toxic and Magnetic. 

And no, Ancients don't start spawning at wave 5. They always spawn if the map level corresponds with their minimum spawn level and they'll spawn whenever. It's not the problem with them spawning at certain times, it's the problem of them spawning in bulk. I can deal with twenty ancients through out a wave, I can't deal with twenty ancients that spawned in a tight knit group. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

I have always hated ancients. what is the point of something that cant be blocked? its kill em in 2 seconds or kite them or get messed up by them. I don't get why more people are not at least sorta angry about this

Because most others only see Ancients on ODD, so they're not in the way of the Ancients. They're standing on a pole or high corner shooting an explosive. 

What i hate most about aincients (and ALL other Eximus units)

is their Auras,... you have absolutly NO chance of avoiding the effects now, and thats a big no no, gameplay wise, atleast for me..

Its simply put, just a lazy-as-hell, way for the developers to make the game "harder"...

as mentioned abowe me, i dont get why the majority of players dont seem to have a problem with this game mechanic.

*shrug* Never really had a problem with em, even when they show up in hordes - just gotta be prepared for it. There are points in the game that aren't meant to be easy unless you're leveled and geared up, its really just that simple.

Previously the Infested were really easy to farm thru - I still think they're fairly easy but at least now they can present a clear danger if not handled quickly and decisively. And I don't see it as a cheap or lazy way to make them harder - they're a horde based enemy - they're supposed to surround and overwhelm you.

Long as you make them priority targets - and have the weapons/abilites to take them down quickly - they're really not that big of a deal til later waves.

Really, a lot of disrupters is cute compared to a lot of healers in 1 place...

I can't even kill any single weak infested coz of their annoying dmg redux aura

And their dmg redux rate seems stacked or maybe they just healing too fast...

Use valkyr u don't even need to care about either energy or shield just slash em thru...

Really, a lot of disrupters is cute compared to a lot of healers in 1 place...

I can't even kill any single weak infested coz of their annoying dmg redux aura

And their dmg redux rate seems stacked or maybe they just healing too fast...

Use valkyr u don't even need to care about either energy or shield just slash em thru...

Their damage reduction means absolutely nothing to me when I have the stealth bonus. It seems to go right through it. And usually I can activate a finisher, making no defense they have matter at all anymore.