Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bane Or More Elemental?

(PSN)Joshuaalt

Question

This is something I have been thinking about for sometime now. Bane mods give you an additional 30% to a faction where as Elemental event mods will give you 30% more than those. So wouldn't it be better to run more elemental damage? I would like to know this so I can change my builds if needed.

7 answers to this question

Elemental mods add together, while Bane is a new multiplier.

Damage = Base Damage * Damage modifiers * Elemental mods * Bane mods

etc.

So it depends on how many elements you already have installed. Looking purely at the numbers, you need 100% added elementals for a Bane mod to be better than adding another 60%, and at least 200% to be better than a 90% elemental.

Of course, theres more to it than that. Bane is more beneficial if the base damage type of the gun has good modifiers. You might not want to use it if looking for a particular elemental combo, or stacking a certain elemental damage type.

I think it's also a good idea to use a bane mod for a faction that the weapon is technically weak against. For example, Bo Prime has no slash damage, and infested are weak to slash, so in order to make up for the lack of physical damage there you can equip your bane/expel/smite mod to do extra damage to that faction, the infested in this case.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Well.. physical damage mods sucks even more, why i use a 90% slash damage,what in the best case affect only the 90% of my total damage, when using a elemental mod would obtain a 90% of my total tamage

81% damage for 7 points ain't bad. I ocasionally use Jagged Edge - when points are tight, when I want more Slash procs, when Im up against Infested and the damage modifier is pretty good, etc.

I think it's also a good idea to use a bane mod for a faction that the weapon is technically weak against. For example, Bo Prime has no slash damage, and infested are weak to slash, so in order to make up for the lack of physical damage there you can equip your bane/expel/smite mod to do extra damage to that faction, the infested in this case.

Actually, I would say the exact opposite is true. If you use Smite Grineer on the Bo Prime, it's adding a chunk of Impact damage (~27%) to your attacks - and that damage is pretty well mitigated against armor / doesn't have the best damage modifiers. It makes much more sense to install more elementals in that slot, making a combination element with +75% damage.