The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Part Two Of Cryotic Front?

billthebetta

It's happened before, but this event was kinda easy as Hek. I did one solo run, and one squad run on Earth to unlock Phobos, and on Phobos we had a grand time getting 3000. I did a run on Europa for the lolz and score of 4000. It was enjoyable, but the event could have been a bit more challenging(I know it's a new gametype, but hey).

Do you think this event might go the way of Tethra and have a bonus round for something else? Not asking for a new weapon or anything, but something for those of us who want a challenge to have fun with.

Anybody else?

Pre-emptive edit: I liked what this was, I'm not bashing, but it'd be cool if we could have a challenge round, that's all.

I imagine that the next thing will have something to do with the Balor Fomorians that were mentioned by our, er..."associate".  He gives us info on the technology used to destroy the new Fomorians once we get him enough Cryotic, and then we go and commence with said destruction.  :D

so you can run on any extraction mission for the event?

Yea thats why they had to patch it so that you cant go to any event missions unless you unlocked it. You could in theory just have a person taxy you to europa and get 3K in one go. But that was patched.

I'm halfway your kind of mission and it was hell. O_0

I regret it. Thank God I was on Nekros with an equalibrium build.

I kind of wish they would remove Oxygen/Defense objectives and give a true survival mode finally.  Where it is you versus the enemy, not versus some arbitrary mechanic of the mission.

Play until you all die in the squad.   Rewards pop every 5 minutes.

The reason I think they will never add a mission like that is that there would be no reason to run defense, survival or this new scavenger anymore.

I kind of wish they would remove Oxygen/Defense objectives and give a true survival mode finally.  Where it is you versus the enemy, not versus some arbitrary mechanic of the mission.

The reason I think they will never add a mission like that is that there would be no reason to run defense, survival or this new scavenger anymore.

This new gamemode is better than survival. The way you can be most effective in getting loot is by splitting up. 1-2 people on the Scanner, 2-3 people on the Extractors.

It's happened before, but this event was kinda easy as Hek. I did one solo run, and one squad run on Earth to unlock Phobos, and on Phobos we had a grand time getting 3000. I did a run on Europa for the lolz and score of 4000. It was enjoyable, but the event could have been a bit more challenging(I know it's a new gametype, but hey).

Do you think this event might go the way of Tethra and have a bonus round for something else? Not asking for a new weapon or anything, but something for those of us who want a challenge to have fun with.

&nbs

Anybody else?

Pre-emptive edit: I liked what this was, I'm not bashing, but it'd be cool if we could have a challenge round, that's all.

You run the easy planet for a good score and then cry that it could be more challenging....wtf

GO RUN EARTH

Then I just use infi-invisibility Loki to camp for a week.

So T4 has higher-levels(duh). But T4 also has something else, increased Eximus spawn rates. The auras they add to the game is another thing you have to watch and strategize around.

The thing is, when you try to get a high score on a lower-tier planet, all you're doing is increasing the risk of the match, not the difficulty. You're dodging the same bullets(just stronger), you're shooting the same guys(just beefier). All playing against higher-level enemies is inflating the numbers on the screen. You treat higher-level enemies the same as you do lower-level enemies, you avoid the damage they send your way, and afflict the most you can on them.

Just thought of something. Let's say you're fighting a single Heavy Gunner level[10] from medium range. You keep your distance(keeping in mind the H. Gunners accuracy) and take 50% shield damage before killing it. Now, same scenario, but level[55] instead. This time, you stay even further away from the H. Gunner. Again, you take 50% shield damage before it dies. Now, let's increase the level to [100]. HOLD UP. What could you possibly do this time to kill before being killed? Even if you go further away, it only takes one bullet to down you. Additionally, the farther away you are, the less damage you deal cause you miss more(and that's not accounting armor and health pool). Unless you exploit the game, high-level content relies less on skill(which is what I'm getting to I guess), and more on luck of not getting hit. There should be a ceiling to how much we can handle, but I guess I'd rather have the challenge derive from skill based challenges, not numbers.

Also, pretty sure this thread has been derailed from about the first reply. Looking at it, about 4 of twenty odd posts were about "does anybody think this event will have a second part?".

You want a challenge? Do what I did. Run Earth thinking it was the only event mission, and try to get to 3000. Level 100ish Grineer is totes fun. XD

holy fuu i havent seen that phobos unlocked another one lol, i tryed to get 3000 on earth lol

Did you both seriously not read the mail that was sent to you by our unknown associate?

Am I the only person who reads anything longer than a few paragraphs?

Did you both seriously not read the mail that was sent to you by our unknown associate?

Am I the only person who reads anything longer than a few paragraphs?

Well thats rude, especially considering I ran to 3000 on MY FIRST run of Earth I didn't get a chance to read any emails that I got.

You want a challenge? Do what I did. Run Earth thinking it was the only event mission, and try to get to 3000. Level 100ish Grineer is totes fun. XD

Did a similar mistake, after getting about 2000 on earth I extracted and I absolutely did not feel like going to Europa or Phobos that were supposed to be harder with higher levels....

Thank god for the forums though.