Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead Of Inventory Slots, Sell Foundry Crafting Slots.

Pixues

Title. 

actually selling convenience slots, instead of progression-while-also-getting-to-keep-your-stuff slots.

Just popped op in my head......got the idea from another game actually.

The question would be, how many slots does everyone get to begin with..but that would be up to the devs (incase they would be doing something like this). 

I can already tell this won't be liked by many/some...but it seems better for both the players and devs. 

discuss.............................................................................................?

To clarify: By crafting slots i meant: the amount of items you can craft simultaneously. 

So if I would have 2 slots..I could have a Viper crafting in one and a banshee helmet in the other. I can't start crafting another item until the other ones finish. With platinum you could buy additional slots. 

More edits: For this system to work crafting needs to be a bigger part of the game. I am aware of that. Was hoping that as it is being discussed ideas for that would pop up here and there. It's possible that this idea can simply not happen in Warframe, but it will atleast be discussed once. That's what forums are for. 

Edited by Pixues

I am not entirely sure I have any idea what you're asking for here?

If you're saying that you can only have a few foundry slots open to craft at a time...why the heck would anyone even care?

I'm never crafting more then 3-4 items at a time, and even that's only like, once a week at best.

What would limiting foundry spots even accomplish besides making you wonder which blueprints you had and force you to look at inventory instead of actually getting to see the items picture and what it requires to build?

Edited by ShadowsCrush

The number of active projects you can have building, I would assume.

A decent idea, but how many slots do people start with?

3 seems like a lot, but if it's fewer than 3 then people have to wait an extra 12 hours to craft a Warframe.

2 BPs at 12 hours, 3rd BP at 12 hours, then the 'Frame at 3 days.

However, if it's 3 slots to start with, I don't see any reason to buy more.

That said, starting with only one project slot would be murderous and cruel.

Unfortunately, this seems like a decent idea but I don't see any workable implementation, so it probably won't happen.

What would be the point?The point of the inventory/frame slots is to make DE some money. A foundry limit would only affect one thing: the time it takes to craft a warframe...which would be 12 hours longer if I wanted to craft everything at once instead of as I found the BPs. As I see it limiting the maximum number of things you could craft at once wouldn't affect anyone and I really dont see anyone ever upgrading it.

I normally don't have enough Components to make 4 items at once... usually run out when I build 2 things and if I could craft a third, that be when it would for sure run out. Unless someone can get a large amount of material and test how many items you can make at one time, it'd be great to know what the crafting limit at one time would be :P

What would be the point?

The point of the inventory/frame slots is to make DE some money. A foundry limit would only affect one thing: the time it takes to craft a warframe...which would be 12 hours longer if I wanted to craft everything at once instead of as I found the BPs. As I see it limiting the maximum number of things you could craft at once wouldn't affect anyone and I really dont see anyone ever upgrading it.

The point is instead of actually restricting something that is really crucial like weapon/warframe slots, this would instead make people pay for convenience, just like with the current purchase of potatoes/warframes/weapons etc.

Of course, i don't really see this working. Even if people bought these foundry slots, i doubt anyone would buy more than 2 even if you only start with 1.

The number of active projects you can have building, I would assume.

A decent idea, but how many slots do people start with?

3 seems like a lot, but if it's fewer than 3 then people have to wait an extra 12 hours to craft a Warframe.

2 BPs at 12 hours, 3rd BP at 12 hours, then the 'Frame at 3 days.

However, if it's 3 slots to start with, I don't see any reason to buy more.

That said, starting with only one project slot would be murderous and cruel.

Unfortunately, this seems like a decent idea but I don't see any workable implementation, so it probably won't happen.

Yes, that's the idea...and the point you bring up is what crossed my mind too. I thought about letting people start with 2. But it could still be enough for everyone...I was thinking about that Crafting all together needs to be somehow expanded. Was hoping ideas would pop up here. 

What would be the point?

The point of the inventory/frame slots is to make DE some money. A foundry limit would only affect one thing: the time it takes to craft a warframe...which would be 12 hours longer if I wanted to craft everything at once instead of as I found the BPs. As I see it limiting the maximum number of things you could craft at once wouldn't affect anyone and I really dont see anyone ever upgrading it.

Same thing here. Crafting doesn't happen alot and simultaneously. Crafting itself should be expanded and a bigger part of the game instead of just getting new equip-able items. But the concept is trading time for money. Buying slots for the amount of items you can posses is not trading time for money.     

Edited by Pixues

I would never need more than one. I would never buy a "foundry" slot.

Alternatively I AM looking at buying more warframe slots already.

I think they made a good decision. One that will make them money. Which is needed to run a game.

I would never need more than one. I would never buy a "foundry" slot.

Alternatively I AM looking at buying more warframe slots already.

I think they made a good decision. One that will make them money. Which is needed to run a game.

With the right implementation of new systems, they can make you want crafting slots.... Interesting thing, designing things..you should look into it. 

I was looking for a way in which they can keep making money without having a system that is too inconvenient for free players. 

Edited by Pixues

With the right implementation of new systems, they can make you want crafting slots.... Interesting thing, designing things..you should look into it. 

I was looking for a way in which they can keep making money without having a system that is too inconvenient for free players. 

Except, I find no need to even craft more than 2 right now.

1) I am kind of short on cash.

2) I don't bother going for the cash farm aka Vor-farming (Only use Vor as leveling tool for underleveled/fresh EQ).

3) Sometimes, I just don't have that rare resource to make it (easily obtainable but does delay me a bit).

4) I don't have the blueprints (Obviously a reason why, especially if you can only find them in Alert missions).

I'll have to agree with MatrixEXO here. Foundry crafting is already limited by the (well balanced) credit feed the game already has. On the flip side, I already purchase weapon and Warframe slots like they're going out of style.

Except, I find no need to even craft more than 2 right now.

1) I am kind of short on cash.

2) I don't bother going for the cash farm aka Vor-farming (Only use Vor as leveling tool for underleveled/fresh EQ).

3) Sometimes, I just don't have that rare resource to make it (easily obtainable but does delay me a bit).

4) I don't have the blueprints (Obviously a reason why, especially if you can only find them in Alert missions).

Ok, i don't want to go much into it, i am about ready to let the thread die. As people keep stating the same things now.

But you too are talking about the now, like i stated and some mentioned, this system will not work with the current crafting system, crafting would need to be expanded...

I was thinking having a limit on the amount of things you can posses was worse than how many things you can craft simultaneously (again, not for the current system). Yes, the current system would not require many slots in the first place, but it's not meant for the current system. The system would need a change (i don't have a new idea that system yet).

Free players would only be limited by time, and not by possessions. 

But nevermind......

Edited by Pixues

Problem is after you've made everything those foundry slots are useless.

If you just pace yourself on content you will never need more then a few.

However if it is for storage slots you will need more as you get more content.

It is a good business decision.

Also your reasoning just isn't very attractive. Show me an example of what "better" would be.

Its like saying:

Thats a good cake they made but they could make a better pie I think. I don't have the recipe or the ingredients but I'm sure it would be much better if they made pie. With the right recipe and ingredients it will be better. an interesting pie. You should tell them to do that.

Thing is you have shown me nothing. And I'm already eating this cake and I like it.

I am not entirely sure I have any idea what you're asking for here?

If you're saying that you can only have a few foundry slots open to craft at a time...why the heck would anyone even care?

I'm never crafting more then 3-4 items at a time, and even that's only like, once a week at best.

What would limiting foundry spots even accomplish besides making you wonder which blueprints you had and force you to look at inventory instead of actually getting to see the items picture and what it requires to build?

i had 12 things crafting at one point >_> go go mass warframe building.

why?

build one, then start the next, gives you 3 1/2 days to hit 30 on the first and you'll make back all the money you spent in those 30 levels

I farmed the bps, then the mats / credits why wait on crafting them while yes i have like 4 frames just chilling around unranked because of this, but then again when I have time to play now I don't think about warframes besides the last one i need pesky banshee =_= missing one part from being able to craft it.  lets just say, I wasted a weekend doing this.

Useless. Slot pretty much means that your account is harder to store because of the ammount of data on your account, which pretty much directly affects the quantity of information their servers can store. Paying for slots means paying for more space in their servers to store your account, completely fair. They ALREADY have to store every Blueprint and the state they are in the froundry, which means no extra effor on their part when accounting for multiple foundry processes.

How about this as a compromise: You still have limited slots, but anything you previously crafted in the past becomes available in the store for credits.

That way there's still an incentive to get more slots so avoid selling things, but if you do sell them, you don't have to go through as much as a wringer to get stuff you used to have.

Slot pretty much means that your account is harder to store because of the ammount of data on your account, which pretty much directly affects the quantity of information their servers can store. Paying for slots means paying for more space in their servers to store your account, completely fair. They ALREADY have to store every Blueprint and the state they are in the froundry, which means no extra effor on their part when accounting for multiple foundry processes.

Dude, you are  hilariously overestimating the bytes/dollars used to store those things. They charge Platinum for those purely because it allows them to subsidize their real costs in other areas.

In terms of simple expense, DE could easily give everybody hundreds of slots without seeing a blip. Hell, your forum post probably costs more in bytes. (In bandwidth it's a little harder to say, since inventory data is probably loaded much more often and consistently over the days and months.)

Edited by HvcTerr

If crafting was the largest part of the game then maybe limited slots would matter.  But as the system would be for the forseeable future, it would never be a good investment to get extra crafting slots for this game.

There just won't ever be many times when a new player would need an extra slot, and after you have played a while you only ever need about 3 or 4 things at one time.  The extra slots would go to waste well over half of the time.

If there was some use for crafting to make extra credits then maybe the slots would get used, but that doesn't seem to be a likely feature at any particular time.

Dude, you are hilariously overestimating the bytes/dollars used to store those things. They charge Platinum for those purely because it allows them to subsidize their real costs in other areas.

In terms of simple expense, DE could easily give everybody hundreds of slots without seeing a blip. Hell, your forum post probably costs more.

Quoted for truth. We're talking 14 bytes of data here.

That last line was 50 bytes.

1 type id for what it is

1 for current mod capacity

4 for current affinity

8 to store a reference to each mod equipped or null references.

edit: Actually they'd need a full int for the affinity in retrospect. Still, it peanuts.

Edited by Ryanshow

Dude, you are hilariously overestimating the bytes/dollars used to store those things. They charge Platinum for those purely because it allows them to subsidize their real costs in other areas.

In terms of simple expense, DE could easily give everybody hundreds of slots without seeing a blip. Hell, your forum post probably costs more.

Now if you're discussing AMMOUNT! that's another story... 1 Dollar per slot is kind of huge investment, but i can't concieve any other way to get money so they use this as an excuse to over-price the ammount you get, since you won't be paying for the game or any subscription rate. But hey, again, you won't be paying for the game or any subscription, awesome, go ahead and charge it up to compensate, i really don't mind!

The only thing i'm getting at is that they DO have a reasonable motive for charging for slots, albeit overblown. It's better then charging you because you want a virtual gun or something similar.

Edited by ReiganCross