Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Have Pc Players Officially Been Given The Shaft? (Console-Centric Ui)

Nomad76

Am I the only one here who finds the new UI not that bad?

Nope. I like it.

More immersive and I can still quickly navigate it.

My only want really for it is a proper back button because on some tabs you can't go to the previous one.

Edited by Lilliannette

This is as big of an "outcry" as the PS4 players who are demanding Excalibur Prime's statue be removed from vaults and corrupted mod cards. It's silly.

Don't try to act so humble either. Both platforms are equal in the amount of whiners.

I've seen maybe a small handful of people ever say something like that.

The ui complaints are everywhere, and it's said that people care more about function, and the fact that you have to click like two more times, rather than how it looks or feels. The new ui is a lot better in terms of feel and overall look. If you can't stand a couple extra clicks and a millisecond or two, then I think you should find a new game.

The ui complaints are everywhere, and it's said that people care more about function, and the fact that you have to click like two more times, rather than how it looks or feels. The new ui is a lot better in terms of feel and overall look. If you can't stand a couple extra clicks and a millisecond or two, then I think you should find a new game.

I think you misunderstood, I haven't even played the new update because I have stuff going on until tonight. >.> So far it looks good to me.

I just found the "1st world problems"-esque remark pretentious and silly.

Edited by Ionus

I think you misunderstood, I haven't even played the new update because I have stuff going on until tonight. >.> So far it looks good to me.

I just found the "1st world problems"-esque remark pretentious and silly.

That want just directed at you, I'm talking anyone in general who thinks this new UI is so terrible and is "ineffective"

The UI feedback thread is full of people who hate what they've been doing to the UI, and the only response I see is "too bad, they're not going back, they're clearly doing this to cater to the console players that they don't even have yet".

A friend of mine wanted to get some plat for a few things, and I was going to treat him for it, I had a decent coupon, but...  should I really be supporting developers who seem to have made it clear that the PC players that have been their only support for years aren't as important as the console players they're trying to acquire?

Maybe it's time to show DE that treating us as second class players means they don't get money from us either?

Pc players claim DE only cares about console players whenever they do something they don't like.

Console players claim DE only cares about PC players whenever they do something they don't like.

Why it's almost as if there's a bunch of immature children throwing temper tantrums whenever anything happens that you don't like instead of acknowledging that Warframe is a work in progress and tweaks will come gradually like they always have, once DE has the time to look over ALL the feedback and not just the rude rants from people who don't understand the meaning of constructive criticism and expect whatever changes they want to the game to happen magically when they snap their fingers..

Pc players claim DE only cares about console players whenever they do something they don't like.

Console players claim DE only cares about PC players whenever they do something they don't like.

Why it's almost as if there's a bunch of immature children throwing temper tantrums whenever anything happens that you don't like instead of acknowledging that Warframe is a work in progress and tweaks will come gradually like they always have, once DE has the time to look over ALL the feedback and not just the rude rants from people who don't understand the meaning of constructive criticism and expect whatever changes they want to the game to happen magically when they snap their fingers..

Nah, that can't be it.

/probablymaybealmostdefinitelysarcasm

In general, UI is crap and UI team should ask themself if they did the right thing. Wobbly effect cannot be turned off, planets are tedious and boring to scroll through ( really? why did the changed rotating map ). We lose time running through Liset or clicking through UI to get one thing, where we had specific button for that thing.

As with 90 % of content in Warframe, it lacks foresight. DE might need someone who can think things through, and tell the rest of the team that this or that addon might be problematic in future.

Edited by RoboDoge

In general, UI is crap and UI team should ask themself if they did the right thing. Wobbly effect cannot be turned off, planets are tedious and boring to scroll through ( really? why did the changed rotating map ). We lose time running through Liset or clicking through UI to get one thing, where we had specific button for that thing.

As with 90 % of content in Warframe, it lacks foresight. DE might need someone who can think things through, and tell the rest of the team that this or that addon might be problematic in future

So, you're complaining because it takes max 2 seconds to get from one end to the other, and that the menu is wobbly? I don't think that makes it garbage. It may be in your opinion, but you shouldn't state that like it's fact. I personally think that the extra second or two is worth the amazing look and feel you get with this one vs the old.

Maybe it's time to show DE that treating us as second class players means they don't get money from us either?

Are you seriously complaining that because we get a new UI that you assume is intended for console players only, that we're being cut out of the agenda?

Am I the only one here who finds the new UI not that bad?

Agreed. I like the new UI - it just has a better feel than the old starchart did. Although for all the people that want it back, maybe they could bring it into the clan Observatory?

I couldn't help but laugh here, a couple of little things and you guys have a giant fit, but when us PS4 players get shorted left and right we don't raise hell about it.

It's 1 person complaining about it. Don't bring all PC players into it - if PS4 was clearly being given the short straw all the time, I'd gladly support any complaints made. So far I feel you've been given the best treatment DE could under the circumstances of Sony and exclusives.

I've seen hundreds of Ps4 whiners threads, they get deleted mostly and for good reason lol.

For the most part I do like the new UI.

My only real concern is the scaling of images and text (They are a little big, also I can't tell if they are well optimized for 16:10 ratio. I feel like some parts are cut off or 'skewed').

The UI will likely change and get streamlined in the future, without a doubt. It's all just growing pains.

People need to relax and go with it for now. Also give constructive criticism over at the feedback forums~.

So, you're complaining because it takes max 2 seconds to get from one end to the other, and that the menu is wobbly? I don't think that makes it garbage. It may be in your opinion, but you shouldn't state that like it's fact. I personally think that the extra second or two is worth the amazing look and feel you get with this one vs the old.

You could be right about the 2 or more seconds to do something, but the new star map sucks. 

I like planets and nodes, I like the texture of planets and so on, but it's just a circle! Why don't they do someting like the star map in the Dojo Observation room? Just showing how the Solar System really is, from Mercury to Pluto with all the other planetoids?

And another thing, now it's not clear HOW to unlock certain planets. There are a lot of topics about that in the forum.

These are two things that should be fixed (fixed because the very old star map, the first one, was a real Solar System with just one problem: planets rotation wasn't organized).

How is waiting for 2 months to get from 13.7 to 14.1 when PC ends up on 14.5 a week later a small thing? I'm okay with delayed updates, but that was just ridiculous.

Go to the sony forums and flood them with it than lol, put it back in the deck. Be grateful you got the game in the first place. Both sides have complainers pointing your finger at PC makes you look just as bad if not more lol.

Edited by Aisuru_Kaze

How is waiting for 2 months to get from 13.7 to 14.1 when PC ends up on 14.5 a week later a small thing? I'm okay with delayed updates, but that was just ridiculous.

You should be grateful you get the nice polished version free( mostly) of bugs while we have to suffer the bug version.

Go to the sony forums and flood them with it than lol, put it back in the deck. Be greatful you got the game in the first place. Both sides have complainers pointing your finger at PC makes you look just as bad if not more lol.

Why should I go to the Sony forums? It isn't Sony that's doing it. And bug free is a joke, last I checked there's still a ton of bugs, so that's not a legit reason.

Be lucky I even got the game? Branching out to other consoles is the next logical step when looking to expand your game, that's why others have done it. We are all lucky to have the game at all, DE could have just more made this game, then no-one would be paying it.

The new UI is just as unwieldy if you're using a controller. It's good for nobody. Oh, and Plat is always overpriced unless you have 75% off.

I've seen this said a few times.  I wonder if it's true?  Have they really managed to make a UI that upsets both crowds?

Taking it all with a pinch of salt, I understand how older players could get pissed off at changes.  I myself hated the new UI for about the 10 minutes it took me to get used to it, now I'm used to it, some things are better, some worse, but none of it is game-breakingly dysfunctional, at least not at my "keen amateur" level of play.

I've seen this said a few times.  I wonder if it's true?  Have they really managed to make a UI that upsets both crowds?

Taking it all with a pinch of salt, I understand how older players could get &!$$ed off at changes.  I myself hated the new UI for about the 10 minutes it took me to get used to it, now I'm used to it, some things are better, some worse, but none of it is game-breakingly dysfunctional, at least not at my "keen amateur" level of play.

It's not game breaking for more experienced players either, but given that some people are screaming bloody murder over the fact that it now takes a whole half a second to walk around your ship to access stuff, despite the fact that they can just as easily use the ESC menu speaks volumes about how desperate some people in this community are to complain about anything other than what they're already used to.

Why should I go to the Sony forums? It isn't Sony that's doing it. And bug free is a joke, last I checked there's still a ton of bugs, so that's not a legit reason.

Be lucky I even got the game? Branching out to other consoles is the next logical step when looking to expand your game, that's why others have done it. We are all lucky to have the game at all, DE could have just more made this game, then no-one would be paying it.

You should flood Sony because they're the reason you PS4 dudes aren't getting patches more often. If you're going to argue on the given subject, I suggest looking into the matter properly.

You should flood Sony because they're the reason you PS4 dudes aren't getting patches more often. If you're going to argue on the given subject, I suggest looking into the matter properly.

I suggest you do so too. This last update took 2 months to prepare for cert. Without the weekend it took Sony 2 days to approve it. So, who's fault is it that we didn't get the update sooner? Not Sony's.