Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is True Pain.

Sixty5

A couple of weeks ago there was an unfortunate incident here involving my internet cable, leaving me with only my the 3G on my phone for internet access.

Today after 2 weeks of me ringing up and yelling at them, someone finally came round to fix it. 

So here is me all excited to actually get back into the game for the first time since the 8th of August and well the picture explains things better than I ever could.

BwSF_VWCQAI165C.png

That's right folks, a download speed measured in bytes per second. 

But hey they are installing fiber here in a few weeks (read 3 years) and that promises download speeds of up to 30mb/s!

tumblr_m587lcuqAc1r09s12.gif

...Oh bugger. Yeah that would definitely have something to do with it.

well considering they said that they would get someone out the next day right after my first call, then suddenly decided that they wouldn't bother because of the fiber installation. That got me annoyed.

The part that resulted in unpleasantness was the fact that the bill I got included stuff for a fix that never happened while my net was still down, and that they called me because that part of the payment was a week overdue because my automatic payment only covers the usual cost.

I may have told them to do something that is anatomically improbable. 

• 2 weeks later...