The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Heard That All The Big Alliances Fix The Dark Sector Fights And Do Favors For Each Other Behind The Scenes To Have Monopolies And High Taxes.

topshrek

ive heard some generally shady stuff about pretty much all the major alliances. that they talk behind the scenes to figure out who gets what and then tell their members what to defend or attack so they can tax places for like 60% after they secure their monopolies. any truth to this? 

ive heard some generally shady stuff about pretty much all the major alliances. that they talk behind the scenes to figure out who gets what and then tell their members what to defend or attack so they can tax places for like 60% after they secure their monopolies. any truth to this? 

We do not know. 

If this is happening, it wouldn't exactly be against the rules. Political shenanigans are (generally) allowed.

True, if they are doing this, they are not doing anything "wrong " according to the rules. It is a moral point, yes, but well, business is like that...

That really sucks. Maybe we should have people do something about it.

DE can't do anything about it without changing the way Dark Sectors work since it's not against the rules

I'd say it would be impossible for one clan/alliance to topple these Goliaths so many of them would be needed. And IF they do overthrow the current kings the cycle would just restart soon after.

True, if they are doing this, they are not doing anything "wrong " according to the rules. It is a moral point, yes, but well, business is like that...

Nah, it's by definition an exploit. You can't say that DE intended people to fake fight and let people prevent competition in a competition based game mode. Anything that isn't intended by the game designers that gives players an advantage is an exploit. Should reset their credit vaults like they did for all the breeding grounds scores. Fair is fair.

I'd say it would be impossible for one clan/alliance to topple these Goliaths so many of them would be needed. And IF they do overthrow the current kings the cycle would just restart soon after.

That's unfortunately realistic. You lead a popular movement to overthrow a tyrant, and then eventually you're the tyrant getting overthrown. Humans suck I guess.

Nah, it's by definition an exploit. You can't say that DE intended people to fake fight and let people prevent competition in a competition based game mode. Anything that isn't intended by the game designers that gives players an advantage is an exploit. Should reset their credit vaults like they did for all the breeding grounds scores. Fair is fair.

As long as they're not manually tipping the scales with exploits or otherwise breaking the game, usually nothing happens. It's not technically against the rules to conspire with fellow alliances. 

Edited by vaugahn

I literally have a recording of this being discussed with my alliance as the "shadow alliance" who owns something like 20 of the dark sector nodes (just look at which clans have been fighting each other over and over for months...) was attempting to strong arm us into handing our node over.

Yes, there is a "shadow alliance" of alliances and clans which control nearly every node. We've spoken with DE about this but they haven't fixed the situation as you can tell and it would not seem they intend to fix it.

The rich get richer, and if you can't beat 'em, you join 'em, or you quit. We chose the second option. But anyone still holding a node most likely chose the first.

This is not a conspiracy, it's real. I can share more info over PM or something but I will be punished for naming and shaming if I were to say anything else.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Rail Block. I can't say names here, but some big alliances block the rails by attacking each other but don't actually try to take the node, put the taxes as high as they want, and give Battle Pay only when other alliances outside of their little club threatens their rails.

What's the point of these insane taxes, having a fortune in the alliance vault, if they are not giving back to the community?
Edited by RexSol

It's not technically against the rules to conspire with fellow alliances. 

Exploiting is against the rules. Take a look at how event scoring was previously handled if you don't believe this.

An exploit has two requirements:

1. Gives an unfair advantage over other players

2. Unintended by the game designer

Number 1 is obvious, number 2 is proven by the 1000 person alliance limit. It was not intended for 1001 or more players to fight for one another over a long period of time. Obviously some peace treaties and helping hands are to be expected but this is nearly the entire solar system owned by one group.

And I figured Pluto was supposed to stay at 0% tax forever.

Wonder what happened to that, huh.

Place your bets. The "shadow alliance" is Eclipse.

Edit: I'm just guessing.

It actually isn't. It's a lot of alliances who were in Eclipse, but Eclipse at its core is Crescent Moon and they took Sechura and set it at 0% until a shadow alliance clan took it back, this happened fairly recently... It's a lot of the same people but when you see Eclipse, now, don't think they're a part of the shadow alliance, because they're not.

hopefully the warframe Illuminati doesn't hire stalker to get me for poking my nose where it doesn't belong. 

☑ lumernarty confirmed