The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Heard That All The Big Alliances Fix The Dark Sector Fights And Do Favors For Each Other Behind The Scenes To Have Monopolies And High Taxes.

topshrek

This isn't the UN though, it's a videogame, and apparently there shouldn't have to be a coordination between actions, these conflicts are a source of battlepay for players, but when the rails fight themselvs, they don't need to offer battlepay, because theres virtually no one fighting them 

A conspiracy such as this is making a tool out of the game system the devs worked hard to build, and provides an advantage to players who exploit the lack of rules prohibiting inter-alliance coordination

Not that it's against the rules, but everyoen wants to at least have a go at trying to take em dark sectors over yonder...

ya, it's not real life so it could be much worse. good news is those big alliances dont really see eye to eye. they will conflict with each other some day. truce or coordinate are all temporary.

Just a heads up, (And don't quote me on this) a friend of mine, not going to name names, just informed me that the unofficial alliance that has control over every single rail in the system is planning on putting a 100% tax on every node on the map. For both credits and resources. Not sure if it's true or not, yet. We'll see what happens.

Just a heads up, (And don't quote me on this) a friend of mine, not going to name names, just informed me that the unofficial alliance that has control over every single rail in the system is planning on putting a 100% tax on every node on the map. For both credits and resources. Not sure if it's true or not, yet. We'll see what happens.

If they do that, they will lose it all. People will not stand for that.

I know people are calling 'exploit' and so on, and while I dislike it and that sort of behavior which prevents me from enjoying competitive things, I have to point out this is what DE wanted. They wanted 'something like EVE' with the dark sectors(not in so little words of course) and so here you go. Sucks, but then again Dark Sectors sucked from the start when it wasn't something completely seperate.

Exploiting is against the rules. Take a look at how event scoring was previously handled if you don't believe this.

An exploit has two requirements:

1. Gives an unfair advantage over other players

2. Unintended by the game designer

Number 1 is obvious, number 2 is proven by the 1000 person alliance limit. It was not intended for 1001 or more players to fight for one another over a long period of time. Obviously some peace treaties and helping hands are to be expected but this is nearly the entire solar system owned by one group.

I discussed this whole "issue" in this thread in detail and won't repeat it here, but I want to show you how hypocritical many of you are by accusing the actual defending alliances in any way:

When Eclipse owned 8 rails they were one single alliance. Dozens of alliances and clans started to grouping together after not being able to contest them on their own. They used to recruit OFFICIALLY in forums and post their adds everywhere. It was a many against one policy. AND IT WAS FINE.

Nobody felt offended - nobody, not even Eclipse, said that it was against the rules and that they should be punished for that.

NOW you complain that a relatively tiny group of alliances build up an defending synergy against thousands others and you feel it is unfair?! It would be a nice joke, if you would not seriously think that you are really acting exemplary and noble. Exactly those tend to complain now, who were involved in the previous mentioned recruitment. 

So you think to create a synergy for an attack is intended, but for defending is immoral?

You have much to learn young Padavan.

If this is true, they can expect that at high prices lke that nobodies going to even play Dark Sectors rendering them useless and then DE will have to come up with a better idea for Dark Sectors, otherwise they will be obsolete and removed from the game forever.

Don't worry - there are always more than enough players on all nodes (yes even on 75%).

They said stuff like "DE is too stupid to realise", "this will be an awesome riot" and "The grand alliance controls everything".

"He/she said, that they said" stuff is without shown evidence a simple calumny and shouldn't be used in clean discussions.

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

TBH I could easily overthrow ICE or V if given enough time. :/ Its not like they would be hard to overthrow, you just need to recruit dedicated PVPers, and then attack.

500 pvpers all using exploits VS V/ICE = V/ICE losing.

They are not Tyrants they are just mayors who will get relected soon, if they where Tyrants then it would be impossible for anyone to overthrow them. (they would have more then half of Warframes US gaming communities support) 

Since they don't they could be overthrown next week. Calling them tyrants is actually a offense to tyrants everywhere. :p

Also if any of the "Tyrants" are watching this thread, if your abusing a bug or glitch.... the DE could ban you from the game and destroy your alliance. :D :D :D

So i wouldn't be cocky and abusing any flaws in the system, you don't know what the DE would do to you and your alliance when they fine out. ^.^

Edited by Feallike

Why haven't you done it yet then? Actions speak louder than words...

Because its more enjoyable to watch people who want other people to do it complain. -.-

I would honestly do it in a second if people weren't literally BEGGGING for someone to do that.

Those who can not fight, beg for others to fight for them. Those who fight for them are fools. I am not a fool sir, i am not going to waste time, resources, and money on helping a community that is going to hate me when i put taxes on the nodes i get so i can get those Resources and credits back. >.>

Also TBH i don't feel like lurking the forums for 2 weeks to get 5000 DS players to help me take over ICE/V. :/ 

Some of us have school. ;)

Edited by Feallike

Because its more enjoyable to watch people who want other people to do it complain. -.-

I would honestly do it in a second if people weren't literally BEGGGING for someone to do that.

Those who can not fight, beg for others to fight for them. Those who fight for them are fools. I am not a fool sir, i am not going to waste time, resources, and money on helping a community that is going to hate me when i put taxes on the nodes i get so i can get those Resources and credits back. >.>

Also TBH i don't feel like lurking the forums for 2 weeks to get 5000 DS players to help me take over ICE/V. :/ 

Some of us have school. ;)

We aren't going to waste time, credits, resources, and money on building a rail to help a community that is going to hate me when I put taxes on the nodes so I can get those resources and credits back.

For the last time, rails aren't cheap. There's a reason there are taxes.

Try it.

(insert pointing hand to my post above)

We aren't going to waste time, credits, resources, and money on building a rail to help a community that is going to hate me when I put taxes on the nodes so I can get those resources and credits back.

For the last time, rails aren't cheap. There's a reason there are taxes.

What??? Please change the way your typing a bit because i don't really understand... I can't tell if your agreeing or mocking me. ;-; 

Well you explained why you can't do that. Sorry haven't expected you to withdraw so quickly.

Sorry man, i would in the summer but school is a $#*(@. :p (also some of us have a..... nvm)

Would fight you if time wasn't money, and i don't have time or money to spend on overthrowing a alliance in a virtual game even though they haven't really done anything wrong, and in the following updates will probably dissapear li.... i will stop now.

Just a friendly tip, i would try to buddy up with the Warframe community like the ICE leader is, because if you don't you sure will regret it. ;)

You need as many allies as possible for the.....(must stop trying to spoil everything. ;-;)

Edited by Feallike

-snip-

I feel for you - but the ppl I use to play with have families and real jobs instead of have-half-of-the-day-nothing-to-do-school-time ;)) This argument is quite weak.

Are you old enough for this game? ;) You don't sound like over 18 howe... I will stop now, nvm.

I - as a person - have actually a lot allies (in several countries) and I have no clue why you think to qualify me as a representant?! Thanks for the election but I kindly reject :)

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

I feel for you - but the ppl I use to play with have families and real jobs instead of have-half-of-the-day-nothing-to-do-school-time ;)) This argument is quite weak.

Are you old enough for this game? ;) You don't sound like over 18 howe... I will stop now, nvm.

Don't be mean. You only need to be 17 to play this game xD