Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make The Glaxion And Ignis Not Suck.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

Give them a high innate chance to proc their original element, that is unaffected by the elemental mods on it (just like the Castanas). They can keep their current status chance for any elemental combos that may be on the weapon, but they should always at least have 50% chance per second to proc cold/heat.

50% isn't that high, after all Ignis is supposed to, uuuuh, I don't know, SET S#&$ ON FIRE? Glaxion could also use a fix, but I have another idea.

Why not add something like "after shooting for x seconds on something (time would be scaling with the status chance) it is set on fire/frozen"? That'd be nice, and work for consistency.

WAIT, WARFRAME CONSISTENCY.

High status chance won't fix the ammo economy of Glaxion.

It would as hell. You'd just shoot stuff until it's frozen and then stop, and pull out something with more damage, but without all the crazy status effects. Also remember, in a scenario that I bet DE thinks of the guns (4 player party) someone else might just gib it afterwards.

Edited by Filas312

It would as hell. You'd just shoot stuff until it's frozen and then stop, and pull out something with more damage, but without all the crazy status effects. Also remember, in a scenario that I bet DE thinks of the guns (4 player party) someone else might just gib it afterwards.

Well, that would require this game to be actually challenging. There's really no point in freezing an enemy if it dies in one second anyway.

Nobody said you're supposed to do Venus with it. Believe me, freezing people on T4D would actually be a nice alternative to Vortexing or crippling their movement in any other way. The gun shouldn't be a damage dealer by design, as far as we can see, I think.

Or you can use it at anything that doesn't want to die in two shots. Still beats me what would that be, but still...

Edited by Filas312

Nobody said you're supposed to do Venus with it. Believe me, freezing people on T4D would actually be a nice alternative to Vortexing or crippling their movement in any other way. The gun shouldn't be a damage dealer by design, as far as we can see, I think.

Or you can use it at anything that doesn't want to die in two shots. Still beats me what would that be, but still...

+1

We have many damage dealer, and now we need something different.

Ignis sucks?

I mostly use it for infested because it works well with enemies that try and rush you and its great.

I wouldn't say the ignis sucks. 

Thats still a good idea but 50% might be a bit high.

Im not a min-maxer, but 100 dps unmodded is way too low.

Edited by Netheroc

In case no one noticed, the Glaxion doesn't actually freeze something until it's dead, which makes it irrelevant for crowd control.  Furthermore, the Glaxion itself is incapable of destroying frozen targets, which means blocked shots and wasted ammo.

• 3 months later...

Glaxion is a team weapon, yo. That things slows enemies to a crawl very quickly, letting teammates obliterate them safely. Not every weapon has to be good at solo play.

Although that's a neat strategy, chill a mob, then switch to your sidearm to finish them off, like slagging enemies in Borderlands.

...wait, I hated slagging enemies in Borderlands while playing solo lol

Edited by DarkTails

Glaxion is a team weapon, yo. That things slows enemies to a crawl very quickly, letting teammates obliterate them safely. Not every weapon has to be good at solo play.

Although that's a neat strategy, chill a mob, then switch to your sidearm to finish them off, like slagging enemies in Borderlands.

...wait, I hated slagging enemies in Borderlands while playing solo lol

Well, you can already kind of do that with Corrosive/Viral procs (the latter of which actually gives the Glaxion decent damage output). And this change would help the Glaxion become an even better team weapon since it would allow you to equip two elements + the innate Cold proc regardless of what those elements are.

Also the Pre Sequel replaced Slag with an Ice element. So you're actually more on the money than you think!