Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direct X10/11

Myscho

i take it the options on the launcher are grayed out for you?

here is my understanding of computers and OS. if you have a Card that supports Dx 9/10/11 but you have an OS (your computers operating system) say windows XP that only supports DX9, you cant use your cards support to force the OS to handle Dx 10/11 because windows XP wasnt made to support Dx 10 or 11. same works in reverse.

so you need an OS as well as a graphics card that can run DX 10/11 that is the only way you will be able to select those options.

operating systems that can handle Dx 10;

Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8

operating systems that can handle DX 11

Windows 7 and windows 8.

if you are running an Os that can handle Dx 10/11 with your graphics card that can handle Dx 10/11 then i actually have no clue as to why you cant turn on the settings IN the launcher it self.

only thing i can think of is, you cant turn the option on in side the game you have to do it from the launch, but im pretty sure you know that.

from here on out if any of this information was/wasnt helpful on fixing it i leave it up to the Tech staff here to help you out.

GTX 570, Windows 7 64bit. Im trying now Verify download cache....

with that you should very well be able to run Dx 11 no problem. before i upgraded my machine to win8, i was using win7 64bit running dx11 or atleast dx10.

so, then did you download through steam or the independent download from the warframe website?

also sorry i didnt ask about your system specs. i kinda assumed you would have known what i was talking about... derp.

To offer a slightly different reading I'd like to delve more specifically into what you meant by "Direct 10 and 11"

Do you mean both are greyed out as Doommarine suggested or do you mean actually running both DX10 and 11 at the same time? If so its not possible, DX11 includes DX10 features and so enabling both is redundant.

This may be completely irrelevant, just throwing out a suggestion in a different direction to what has been said so far.