Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Likely Is It?

PookieNumnums

How likely is it for a storm clan or higher to be completely full and every single member getting an above average score in multiple events back to back?

i cant help but wonder if any of the larger clans are really a small group of players with alt accounts.. 

We need a better leaderboard/reward system to prevent alt farming.

EDIT: reasons for doubt: logic.

Edited by T4LCOMX

While it is true that the only real competition in clan events exists among 3-5 clans per tier, it's not true to suggest the larger clans aren't alive.

Sadly, though, the activity rate of a Storm clan to a Moon clan is almost negligible for the majority of the clans.

(it's about the same in general)

I have also known a moon clan to recreate as a storm clan but somehow retain their general activity.

The actual difference is very, VERY small between the two.

Source : Have been running with a moon clan and been in converse with many moon/storm clan members/leaders (particularly the major ones) since March 2013.

Final answer?

Most of the clans are full of inactive people within small privatized clans.

If this isn't purely the case, then there may also be large private clans, too.

Though I'm not sure how they deal with inactivity like that. (normally you clean your roster and keep recruiting)

i guess it could also be a fake clans. have one account lead the clan, and then have all the tryhards from your alliance join the clan temporarily to play the event, earn the statues, then return to their homeclans within the same alliance once the event is over

The moon clan I'm in has roughly 400 people who 'still play'. (this means it peaks at about 50-60+ people at any point in the day during the event period)

If each of them got 10k, we'd be at 4mil and rank as #1.

It's not 'impossible'. The competitive clans could work.

P.s. As for that, it would mean they joined the clan BEFORE that event started. Apparently newcomers to clans in this event do not contribute to the score at all.

i just wonder how such large groups would maintain that level of participation, 

but then again, maybe that is why there are 'is warframe dead' posts that happen. theyre not dead, their all just hiding within these large groups and thus have no need to play with people outside their alliance/clan

im just paranoid

about 50-60+? you mean minimum? 

thats about how many my alliance has on at peak times XD

10k isnt easy to get with just any old group of frames..for 400? why havent you guys?

no newbies? 

ah yes. so then the top clans members were in the clan before they started the event. well that is a relief sort of... that alt accounts werent created post event anyhow

i just always speculate as to how likely it is

Edited by T4LCOMX

How likely is it that a Warlord stays on top of his recruits, has an inactivity limit, uses steam to notify/remind members of events, and does their best to catch them online, and get them in game? How crazy is it that clans that do good, constantly have applicants that want to be part of a competitive clan, and seriously try their best? Not that crazy.. It's really not that hard.. It can be a rough ride, it has it's moment of anxiety, and doubt, but it's all about the people you recruit.

That and putting your nose to the grindstone.

I have about 5 people that never showed, about 5 people that didn't get their full event rewards, and our average was about 7000pts.

Edited by Gurzil

How likely is it that a Warlord stays on top of his recruits, has an inactivity limit, uses steam to notify/remind members of events, and does their best to catch them online, and get them in game? How crazy is it that clans that do good, constantly have applicants that want to be part of a competitive clan, and seriously try their best? Not that crazy.. It's really not that hard.. It can be a rough ride, it has it's moment of anxiety, and doubt, but it's all about the people you recruit.

I have about 5 people that never showed, about 5 people that didn't get their full event rewards, and our average was about 7000pts.

I knew you would be here.

that being said, yah.. i can imagine that even with that level of determination from a warlord it can still be hard. for not everyone plays on steam, or cares for anything beyond the personal rewards. 

what is your inactivitly limit? mine is 14d with a few exceptions for long time players. 

Edited by T4LCOMX

Thats how we did it. Well,most of our clan consists of freshly recruited people, so about half of our clan is inactive... but the others got captured by officers and motivated to do this event. next time we should have less inactivity, accumulating long-term-players takes time.

14 days yup, during an event however that rule is totally subject to change, and all my recruits know that.. Had my laptop hdd die like 4 weeks ago, just got it set back up the day before the event.. Barely managed to get my long list of inactives back on.. I'm glad DE put in the rule about members joining after an event start though.. I noticed a lot of alt running clans didn't show up this event, and a certain Shadow clan with a Storm clan version wasn't able to use their plan to swap members back and forth.

Thats how we did it. Well,most of our clan consists of freshly recruited people, so about half of our clan is inactive... but the others got captured by officers and motivated to do this event. next time we should have less inactivity, accumulating long-term-players takes time.

^ So true what he said about long-term players.. Competitive clans get spammed by applicants that swear up and down they'll be there, but when it comes down to it, they are always the ones that don't. Hard to find those diamonds in the rough that will really knuckle up. But yea, lots of officer runs grabbing up people to help them with their scores, then buff them, then having them help others that come on.. It's all about teamwork in the end for my crew.