The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Really Appreciates The Strun?

Lukerez

How does is do at range? With Hek I can get the same results at any range, I might reconsider the Strun since it seems more rounded.

If I aim for the head, I can kill enemies at range. Sometimes it wont kill though, as you know the spread pattern is random.

I've got a soft spot for the Strun.  Not the best weapon out there, but certainly one of the better ones.  I really love the feel of that gun; it's a great all-around pick.  Now if only I could get a couple decent shotty mods to drop, it'd prolly see more play than my Boltor.

I think it is garbage.

Granted it is only rank 20, but compared to my automatic rifles of roughly the same level (~25), it performs like a dog.

Maybe I built it wrong? I only use it for Infested and it is modded with Ammo Capacity (to 11 shots), Point Blank (pure damage) and Fire damage. Even then, any of my rifles or pistols massively outperforms it.

Edited by GhostlightX

That's exactly what  i've been running for the past week or so. Put some ROF mods on that Lex, and you've got a winner.

Mine has +60% RoF +140% damage +100% multishot + 20% AP damage +45% fire damage. I can OHK ancients on half the planets.

I think it is garbage. Granted it is only rank 20, but compared to my automatic rifles of roughly the same level (~25), it performs like a dog.

It's only garbage if you waste your shots on grunts.

A shotgun's real strength is raw damage output, but if you're already 2-3 hit killing mobs, then of course it's better than a shotty. I use a braton vandal for infected missions for that reason. Go against heavy mobs/bosses. Then you'll see it's damage advantage. Or try corpus, it eats threw their shields and HP in the same shot. :)

i think you talking about a different weapon, strun can only have 9 rounds...

I think it is garbage. Granted it is only rank 20, but compared to my automatic rifles of roughly the same level (~25), it performs like a dog. Maybe I built it wrong? I only use it for Infested and it is modded with Ammo Capacity (to 11 shots), Point Blank (pure damage) and Fire damage. Even then, any of my rifles or pistols massively outperforms it.

Strun is one of my staple weapons.

Mine is modded to have 9 shots on board and an accelerated fire rate, along with damage tailoring to suit the mission (multishot always on board though).

It is my go to for Infested Alerts.  Any gun that can one shot an Ancient gets bonus points in my books. :)

I think strun is better than hek (actually i  can use it but i didn't craft)

use +30%clip and you will have 8 clip size

but hek is really small clip size to face a group of enemies

I've supercharged my Strun and it is amazing!

btw its just I think, it's my opinion only :<