Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Taxes... Why?

AdunSaveMe

Really, why? What do alliances get out of big resource taxes?

I can understand the greedy sods putting a 75% credit tax on a node, but resource taxes? If you're gonna put a tax one the only one or two nodes that can be used to gather specific resources easily, that's just a damn hindrance. And it doesn't even go into battle pays.

And you can't just 'go to another node', either. Because either it doesn't have what you need or it's got a tax on it.

grr. I'm mad. >:c

Edited by AdunSaveMe

#ProfitNumbsTheFeelings & #SomeMenJustWantToWatchTheWorldBurn

But on a serious note, sometimes it makes sense for alliances/clans to put resource taxes on nodes. Solar Rails arn't cheap to build, costing a butt ton of resources. So it would make asense that an alliance would put a resource tax on planets with resources necessary to build solar rails to regain the materials lost in the building process before said alliance losses the node and have to rebuild the rail.

Precisely as this guy said. If people dislike what is happening to the node, they fight for whoever claims they will have good standing with it, and repeat until they find somebody who does so.

If only it actually worked like that.

See, occasionally you'll get an alliance that doesn't put greedy taxes on nodes. And then they stay there until the next alliance comes along, and that alliance boots them out, and then they put the greedy taxes on. Nobody fights for the first alliance. Sure, I can. But I'm not going to make much of a difference. In the end, the greedy ones are always the victors.

If only it actually worked like that.

See, occasionally you'll get an alliance that doesn't put greedy taxes on nodes. And then they stay there until the next alliance comes along, and that alliance boots them out, and then they put the greedy taxes on. Nobody fights for the first alliance. Sure, I can. But I'm not going to make much of a difference. In the end, the greedy ones are always the victors.

And so what? farm other parts of the planet. Or just farm while someone nice is there. I mean you got options. Moreover who gives a dang. I like the constant fighting, gives me a nice constant stream of PVP, which is great cuase PVE does get boring after 1000 hours of gameplay.

People are not exactly wise when it comes to Dark Sectors and choosing of a side. Hieracon was a good example. It used to have 0% tax. Then ICE attacked and offered 100,000 battle pay in credits. The other alliance warned that if people won't defend Hieracon, it will be 75% tax. Of course the sheep take the easy credit option, and then complain later about the 75% tax. That's like politician coming to you who says: "I'll give you 2000 dollars for voting for me." and once he/she is elected, they rise taxes 15%. There are always those who don't care and just take the easy money option. It will backfire on them though when most of the Dark Sectors are populated by this sort of alliances. It's not stupid to put 75% tax, it's the people who support that who are stupid and don't look for alternatives and choose the easy money.

dark sectors are only for exp and credits, not for resources. Thats how i play warframe.

Depending on the planet they have 15%-35% increase drop rate on resources so they can be used as a effective place.

If you think the tax on a planet is to high and you think you will do better somewhere else then go to that other place.

If a Dark Sector does not get enough people because taxes make it not worth it then they will have to lower it to get more revenue or someone else will take it over because they cannot get enough support for their rail using battle pay.

DE just made dark sectors too complex.

99% of the players don't understand how they work and only play them if the reward is good, aka high battlepay. And i cant blame those players.

if clan X has a solar rail and clan Y attacks it, the average player has never heard of any of those clans, so they have no reason at all to NOT fight for the clan with the highest battlepay

I can understand the greedy sods putting a 75% credit tax on a node, but resource taxes? If you're gonna put a tax one the only one or two nodes that can be used to gather specific resources easily, that's just a damn hindrance. And it doesn't even go into battle pays.

And you can't just 'go to another node', either. Because either it doesn't have what you need or it's got a tax on it.

grr. I'm mad. >:c

It's simple, we survive and grind the way we all did before dark sectors. 

By playing the missions in system.

Screw the Dark sector taxes.

They can spare their own resources for building alliance projects like rails. Those taxes are not that essential like credits, but they can help an alliance out though. What ppl still don't get, that a recourse tax, of e.g. 50% in addition to 20% higher chances for a drop is better than normal drop chance and no tax. This is elementary maths, course the higher chance applies to every enemy.

It's not stupid to put 75% tax, it's the people who support that who are stupid and don't look for alternatives and choose the easy money.

Why do you think that ppl are stupid? I for instance support ONLY high tax + high BP clans in fights. Why should I farm those tiny amounts of 23000 per run over and over again if I can have millions in some runs while war.

DS is build up to be funded by the mass to pay out a smaller group of players, that take the wars seriously = endgame. The mass gets a mission with higher XP leveling as a reward. If you search credit-farming, use the Void, that was introduced for this approach.

##Update: DS conflict - Uranus (Ur) - Synergy vs Xenon - made in ~25 runs over 8 million credits. In ONE single conflict. THIS is how well DS can work, if you give it a chance!

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas