The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protoframe Concept

chaotea

Im just spit-balling here, idle chit chat, nothing to serious.

Im going to post two comments below this, one says yes one says no. Upvote which ever is your view. Comment after, but we can see peoples overall view easier.

--------------------------------

So, this first came about listening to people talk about getting excaliber prime in the void.

Now, im a founder. In fact i am a grandmaster, ive accumulated arround 50K plat by now total, though ive spent most of it (it was confirmed when i re-set my account that i was at 36K, but ive bought every prime access since :) ) I say this so you know im invested in the game, and not just a F2P guy shouting things (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Anyway, i was thinking that seeing excal P in the void would be good, but that the founders would need compensation of some sort. However, you couldnt really create a new frame just for the issue to start again, so i began thinking of a replacement.

Now im not saying thats how this frame should be implimented. Thats where the idea came, but you could have it in the dojo or as a viod BP, or anything realy.

So the frame:

The idea is a frame that is very plain decoratively. Stats wise he would have stat distribution like excal, but less in all columns. Less max hp, energy, armour, ect. He would also have no polarities. None in stance or ability slots. This is to make up for his purpose. He has no abilities, but can equip any 4 abilities from any other frame (you would need to have these abilities). Once 4 are equipped, no more can be placed unitll some are removed. This would be fun to mix and match, but it would be offset by the weaker frame (and as mods work on % this would effect high levels too). It would be interesting to see people make different match ups. After all, whould you take all damaging abilities? If so, how many would you realy use. You could take all buffs, but could you maintain them?

Bear in mind that without ability polarities you would have to forma 4 times just to get to basic excaliber mod power.

I see this more as a end game frame, for those who have done everything, and wouldn't mind farming / leveling this to work for them. As i said, just spitballing. Use the yes / no vote to give opinions, then comment with discussions.

Not really because it nullifies some frames:

"We need to have this set up for this mission:

-Frost

-Loki

-Oberon

-Nova."

But with your change the same setup can be achieved with one person, especially considering Formas.

If you think nobody is going to use 9 formas, you seriously underestimate this community ;)

Edited by noveltyhero

I was more thinking of giving the founders like, exclusive corrupted skins for the founders to get, to make up for Excal becoming public. Kinda like this.

-Corrupted Excalibur Prime

-Corrupted Braton Prime

-Corrupted Lato Prime

-Corrupted Skana Prime

-Corrupted Wyrm Prime

-Corrupted Misa Prime (Syandana)

-Corrupted (Insert name here) Prime (Warframe Armor)

-Corrupted Summus Prime (Sentinel Armor)

-Corrupted Daman Prime (Weapon Syandana)

The Protoframe, as you said, could end up being FAR TOO OP for his own good. I mean, whats the point in using any other frame?

Then again, the corrupted skins idea is just my 2 cents. A promise is a promise. Excal, Lato and Skana Prime SHOULD be exclusive to founders.

Edit: The corrupted skins would prodably be decorated with Platinum, instead of the traditional gold. Because, you know, founders.

Edited by Skorpior

While I enjoy the concept, believe me that would be awesome. I don't think it would fit into the lore of the game. Each frame has it's role, and its own special abilities. This would take some from any frame it wanted. While this would give an extra purpose to finding the powers of random frames, it still doesn't fit.

It would actually be balanced. Even if you took the ultimate from 4 different frames, it's not like you could spam them. All the ultimate abilities take up quite a bit of mod space and usually use up alot of energy to cast.

As much as I like the idea, I have to say no.

Not really because it nullifies some frames:

"We need to have this set up for this mission:

-Frost

-Loki

-Oberon

-Nova."

But with your change the same setup can be achieved with one person, especially considering Formas.

If you think nobody is going to use 9 formas, you seriously underestimate this community ;)

I wasnt underestimating anyone :) I figured with would give players who've max ranked everything a long term project to work on.

As for the 'all frames in one'. Having 4 heavy used abilities on a single frame with a reduced max energy pool would be difficult to maintain.

While I enjoy the concept, believe me that would be awesome. I don't think it would fit into the lore of the game. Each frame has it's role, and its own special abilities. This would take some from any frame it wanted. While this would give an extra purpose to finding the powers of random frames, it still doesn't fit.

It would actually be balanced. Even if you took the ultimate from 4 different frames, it's not like you could spam them. All the ultimate abilities take up quite a bit of mod space and usually use up alot of energy to cast.

As much as I like the idea, I have to say no.

Thanks for taking the time to reason out the ability use side of things :)

As for the lore, the idea i had was of a sort of pre-frame. The vanilla prototype which is formed into other frames. Other frames loose the diversity but gain increased effectiveness in their specialty.

Mod setup for voids:Chaos Desacrate Molecular Prime Radial Disarm.

Derelects:Chaos Desacrate Molecular prime Vortex.

i see no reason why he should not be added XD

Yea, but could you emagine the energy you'd drain? Plus the lesser stats i was thinking of would be something like 70% of excalibers, so quite the drain.

I was more thinking of giving the founders like, exclusive corrupted skins for the founders to get, to make up for Excal becoming public. Kinda like this.

-Corrupted Excalibur Prime

-Corrupted Braton Prime

-Corrupted Lato Prime

-Corrupted Skana Prime

-Corrupted Wyrm Prime

-Corrupted Misa Prime (Syandana)

-Corrupted (Insert name here) Prime (Warframe Armor)

-Corrupted Summus Prime (Sentinel Armor)

-Corrupted Daman Prime (Weapon Syandana)

The Protoframe, as you said, could end up being FAR TOO OP for his own good. I mean, whats the point in using any other frame?

Then again, the corrupted skins idea is just my 2 cents. A promise is a promise. Excal, Lato and Skana Prime SHOULD be exclusive to founders.

Edit: The corrupted skins would prodably be decorated with Platinum, instead of the traditional gold. Because, you know, founders.

I had this same idea too :)

I should note that replacing the excal prime was the starting idea for this frame, but not something thats tied to it.

We've talked about this frame before. He always ends up being over-powered. I mean, Eclipse and Invisibility alone would give you around 800% more melee damage.

Hence the reduced stats. I was thinking heavy reduction of excals, like -40%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...