Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Enough To Play After Destiny Comes Out.

(XBOX)Kenneh xD

but it is dominated by micro-transactions.

i know you've come to understand how the Market comes more in just a few posts, but i need to point out that MicroTransations are not inherently bad. it depends on how they're implemented. MicroTransactions are actually a good thing, when used appropriately.

it's just that often, they're used badly and that's what gives them the bad name. *cough* EA *cough*.

Most everyone on Xbox One sees this game as something to pass the time until Destiny is finally released, but not me. 

I still dont understand how people in the forums can make the broad statements on the majority with absolutely 0 evidence to support the claim.

As for destiny, different game, different experience. You really cant compare them apples to apples so theres no reason anyone should go "well i cant play both" if they like warframe. 

Edited by Echoa

I think the phrase "good enough" was adequate. This game is great, but it is dominated by micro-transactions.

Yeah, you can buy blueprints and make said items without platinum, but the amount of time it would take to make is frightening.

Also there are a lot of items and gear that you can only buy with platinum. At least that is how it is on the Xbox One version.

That's probably because your clan (if you have one) hasn't had the time to research the clan tech weapons like the Castanas, the Amprex, etc. It's true, though, that the microtransactions in this game are tame compared to what you'd find in your average Korean MMORPG or Chinese CS knockoff.

WF's an okay game with subpar movement that needs a lot of improvement, but killing things in it is fun and the frame designs are cool. On the other hand, I liked Destiny's scaling system from what I played in the beta, but I've never been a big fan of boggy CoD/Halo movement. So I don't how I feel about it yet.

In any case, the two games are different enough to still allow player bleedover from either one.

i know you've come to understand how the Market comes more in just a few posts, but i need to point out that MicroTransations are not inherently bad. it depends on how they're implemented. MicroTransactions are actually a good thing, when used appropriately.

it's just that often, they're used badly and that's what gives them the bad name. *cough* EA *cough*.

^This

As long as microtransactions are limited (or almost limited) to cosmetics and other features that don't have any impact on gameplay, they're fine. The only thing you need to buy in Path of Exile, for example, are tabs for your stash. Otherwise, everything is cool alternate graphics for your spells. I don't feel pressured to drop some money on a mummy skin for my zombies, and I'm actually happy to give GGG that money because they have good ideas and they make a good game.

I'm actually REALLY biased, I mainly want his scythe, Hate. The bow seems great as well, I've grown to dislike Kunai's as secondaries. I don't find them all that reliable on groups. I do like the way that Frost Prime looks. Is that the only difference between Frost and Frost prime, appearance?

I got both hate and desair from killing stalker recently. I agree that the scythe is just okay, nothing amazing. Infact my dual zorens i made from blueprint in market built for crits are way better than it. The bow is nice too but vs tougher enemies that that aren't flesh, like many bosses, i find it weak. Still leveling it though and it does oneshot many enemies due to 100% crit chance. Since you are still early into the game, paris and chronen should work just as well for you.

Also platinum isn't that bad you can get several things for 25 bucks. I would stick to just buying slots for warframes, weapons, and buying cosmetics or reactor/catalysts to start. Also check the wiki to see how far you need to progress to get something you want. Would suck to buy something like rhino and find out you get his parts early into the game.

I still dont understand how people in the forums can make the broad statements on the majority with absolutely 0 evidence to support the claim.

As for destiny, different game, different experience. You really cant compare them apples to apples so theres no reason anyone should go "well i cant play both" if they like warframe. 

It isn't Apples to oranges though.  They are both video games, shooters, shooters with sci-fi elements, have main characters with super-powers and so-on.

I have played the both Destiny Alpha and Beta, BTW.

It's going to be tough dividing time for both Destiny and Warframe. That's why I'm on here saying don't kill the fun your guns DE. Nerfing and hamstringing the weapon arsenal isn't going to fly against the weapons in Destiny. Arch Wing is a driving factor in my eyes for my renewed interest in Warframe as a console gamer next to end game guns that let me explore the harder tile sets. You're offering space flight and combat soon and that's exciting. Destiny so far isn't from all reports since the end of 2013.

I'll be honest if you can get your lore to resonate and better windows begin to appear into this universe Warframe could be a Multiplayer Space Elderscrolls. It has that Dune saga feel to it. It reminds me of Skyrim when Im watching my Tenno run and thats not a bad thing at all for me. The Tenno are interesting and enigmatic plus bows and arrows...awesome fun. The constant changes and updates remind me of CCP with EVE Online where you can hold onto your progress and the designs are strange and alien enough where you are engaged in them.

Though the real worry I have is will both Destiny and Warframe be able to hold me anchored when No Man's Sky launches. Endless space exploration and space dinosaurs... My Inner kid is about to burst out of my chest like the alien just saying Space Dinosaurs.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Nerfing and hamstringing the weapon arsenal isn't going to fly against the weapons in Destiny.

if game balance in Warframe makes you want to play Destiny instead - go right ahead. but if Bungie is as good a Developer as their reputation (no offense, but Destiny is the first real game they've ever made), they'll be balancing their game too.

so when Destiny gets balance as well, what will you do then? complain that they're balancing their game? then move on to every game and leave whenever they start balancing them?

>.>

heh.

if game balance in Warframe makes you want to play Destiny instead - go right ahead. but if Bungie is as good a Developer as their reputation (no offense, but Destiny is the first real game they've ever made), they'll be balancing their game too.

so when Destiny gets balance as well, what will you do then? complain that they're balancing their game? then move on to every game and leave whenever they start balancing them?

>.>

heh.

What are angry or something? Having a bad day? As a console I am going play Destiny. A Penta that I put four stars into somI could solo T3 and eventually T4 missions is me playing the game and spending money on the game. If every end game weapon I like in Warframe gets nerfed becuase you don't like other players having fun then yes I'll move on and spend my money elsewhere. Because why bother sticking any time or effort into these guns if they are just going to get hamstrung?

With the Penta reduced in ammo players are looking at the Angstrum or Quantas to fill that farming role. But why bother even with them. Becuase it's only a matter of time before they are reduced. So eventually you just say I'm done. Because everytime DE releases a new gun you know it's a trap and pretty pointless to invest time and catalyst into thanks to it being nerfed because I'm not playing army men the way you want me to.

But go ahead keep nerfing and hiding behind dumb statements like this isn't realistic when Destiny is placing in guns with perk trees that have you doing god knows what but its awesome. But I do agree Nerfriders will destroy Destiny as well thanks in part to players hating other players smiling.

That's why Skyrim held on so long. Solo experiences means you keep the powers and actually have fun setting the difficulty to the level you can enjoy instead of someone else doing for you.

The only items that are plat-only are cosmetics. Period.

And compared to most f2p games warframe is downright kind. I've yet to spend a single cent on this game and I've managed to amass a sizable (all the alt helms for all 6 of my frames + syandanas and skins, like 50 weapons) collection of stuff. 

The only money I've spent was for weapon and warframe slots. Even at the cheapest 75 plat for $5, you can get 12 weapons slots (extra slots are 12 plat for 2)  or 3 warframe slots (20 each) and 2 weapons slots for that.

>.>

heh.

Supreme authority taiiat decides what's a real game and what isn't. Bungie really should've checked with you before announcing a release date

That's why Skyrim held on so long. Solo experiences means you keep the powers and actually have fun setting the difficulty to the level you can enjoy instead of someone else doing for you.

but Skyrim was balanced horribly. a lot of things were actually underpowered in Vanilla Skyrim.

keep smokin' whatever though.

Wait until you get a discount to buy platinum. Or wait until the next prime access comes out and buy that. 

This. Plat without discounts of some sort is hideously expensive.

Also there are a lot of items and gear that you can only buy with platinum. At least that is how it is on the Xbox One version.

Well, on PC and PS4, I know that the only things that can't be gotten free with sufficient effort are most cosmetics (color packs, decorative armor, syandanas, etc), founder gear, and slots to hold your gear. Everything else can be acquired free with enough grinding, provided you're part of a clan. I doubt DE would completely cut out the entire research system from the Xbone version because it'd be too much effort, so chances are the guns you're looking for are hidden away in your clan's labs ready to be researched.

Technically if you can game the trade market effectively, everything that can be acquired can be acquired without you spending a cent, but the trade market (at least on PC) is pretty spammy and hard to use so I tend not to include it when I make sweeping statements like this.

Now granted the grind for some of these things (ie Zephyr, Hydroid, Stalker weapons, Brakk, Detron) is extremely tedious, but all can be acquired free.

Indeed, the only weapons that *can't* be acquired freely are event rewards and the like, which can't be acquired at all after the event unless DE decides to release them later.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

This. Plat without discounts of some sort is hideously expensive.

Well, on PC and PS4, I know that the only things that can't be gotten free with sufficient effort are most cosmetics (color packs, decorative armor, syandanas, etc), founder gear, and slots to hold your gear. Everything else can be acquired free with enough grinding, provided you're part of a clan. I doubt DE would completely cut out the entire research system from the Xbone version because it'd be too much effort, so chances are the guns you're looking for are hidden away in your clan's labs ready to be researched.

Technically if you can game the trade market effectively, everything that can be acquired can be acquired without you spending a cent, but the trade market (at least on PC) is pretty spammy and hard to use so I tend not to include it when I make sweeping statements like this.

Now granted the grind for some of these things (ie Zephyr, Hydroid, Stalker weapons, Brakk, Detron) is extremely tedious, but all can be acquired free.

Indeed, the only weapons that *can't* be acquired freely are event rewards and the like, which can't be acquired at all after the event unless DE decides to release them later.

Isn't the boar plat only?

First of all, consoles don't really get substantial plat discounts (we only get 30 percent off occasionally and no login reward discounts)

That being said, this game is a really awesome game because it is under development. Even with the delays to console updates, you will see new/ modified content far more often than on other games. 

What it really comes down to is what type of game you like. Destiny will be a much more complete experience, but will have much less dev interaction and much less in the way of updated content. Destiny will also have far less paywalls, but costs an initial 60 dollars to play. Both have merits and its up to you to decide what to play. 

That being said, overall, warframe is a pretty good game (aside from some content imbalances).

I think the phrase "good enough" was adequate. This game is great, but it is dominated by micro-transactions.

Yeah, you can buy blueprints and make said items without platinum, but the amount of time it would take to make is frightening.

What do you mean frightening? I have built 75% of my weapons in the foundry... and I am almost rank 14.... +500 hours is all I have spent on this game... which compared to most rank 14's is very little moreover I have 5 formade like 10 or 15 of my weapons... so it really isn't that daunting. its actually extremely reasonable in my mind.