Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Grineer Trooper Helmet Is Terrible

Strac_CRO

i like the helmets too, also those "tube" legs are awesome imo, since grineer are so focused on their conquer attempts, they improve their bodies with parts to make them stronger, faster, etc etc etc, you know the drill, so yeah....

i like the helmets too, also those "tube" legs are awesome imo, since grineer are so focused on their conquer attempts, they improve their bodies with parts to make them stronger, faster, etc etc etc, you know the drill, so yeah....

Exactly, at least the male Grineer just look great - don't know why, but I see some kind of Ghost in the Shell influence in their design.

Those boots you posted look super uncomfortable. And I like all the new helmets, especially the Commander's phallic hat. It suits them :P

Those boots are just an example, with those thiny legs and huge armour stuff on their back grineers look very "unstable" and "disproportional". I'm just waiting for them to roll on their back like turtles, unable to stand up.

helldiver.jpg

Edited by Strac_CRO

Those boots are just an example, with those thiny legs and huge armour stuff on their back grineers look very "unstable" and "disproportional". I'm just waiting for them to roll on their back like turtles, unable to stand up.

helldiver.jpg

On the back of the armor you see they have 3 little thrusters thingies. So you could say that the backpack has its own hovering mechanism that makes it basically weightless.

The Commander's helmet is actually perfect. DE knew we hated them, and they probably hate them too, when they play against them. So, they made them $&*^-heads. Literally.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

On the back of the armor you see they have 3 little thrusters thingies. So you could say that the backpack has its own hovering mechanism that makes it basically weightless.

Hmmm, I didn't even notice they have "3 little thrusters thingies".

That makes sense but still they could give them some boots.

Edited by Strac_CRO

Again, its all opinion but I like the top heavy look they have going on. I'm glad they aren't wearing the pointlessly huge, overly angular plate boots every SPESS MAHREEN has these days.

so they only have black socks their grandmother left them?

"pointlessly huge, overly angular plate boots" ... look at the armour they have around their heads. They can't look left/right.

Edited by Strac_CRO

The helmet I think looks pretty good. The boot/leg issue I'm not too sure about. On one hand yes they all seem to be top heavy, this is probably deliberate fitting with their head on attitude. Considering they get cloned I think they care more about being able to fight and shoot while still being alive than being able to walk still. Hence little care for the legs and all armour focused on their top half. On the other hand, no armour at all on their legs/feet? I would expect just a little at least.

At first the proportions of the Grineer made me raise an eyebrow too, but I've fallen in love with them! Their silhouette is VERY striking and memorable. You know its a Grineer when you see that telltale shape in the doorway coming for ya!

Reminds me of a Forerunner Promethean Knight.

Which is why they get stunned so much more easily.

Edited by Yikitama

The Commander's helmet is actually perfect. DE knew we hated them, and they probably hate them too, when they play against them. So, they made them $&*^-heads. Literally.

lol.. I think this should be "officially" made the unofficial slang for Grineer Commander.

From now on, they will be known as the '$&*^-heads', or Grineer $&*^-head if you want to be more specific.

We should start a thread to collect good Warframe slangs like this ;)