Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing Void Vault Runs For Solo Players

Randomlag

ok i have been doing a lot of solo run, for the mods in the vaults and it sucks  Some times i have the same key for 9 runs. so here is my ideal. make the doors change ever run !st run 25% chance 2nd run 50% 3rd run 75% and so on.. Must finish all matches or unlock door for the doors to rest. this make it a little less @#%$#@ any one got a better ideal

we should be able to equip all them or atleast more then one.

Just let people carry multiple keys.

To make cooperation (the very core element of this game) completely redundant? No. By goig solo it is your choice to handicap yourself. You don't have to go solo. Nobody forces you to do so. There are tons of people willing to do a Vault run with you, just ask on Recruting, in your clan, ask your friends, or post on the Forums.

To make cooperation (the very core element of this game) completely redundant? No. By goig solo it is your choice to handicap yourself. You don't have to go solo. Nobody forces you to do so. There are tons of people willing to do a Vault run with you, just ask on Recruting, in your clan, ask your friends, or post on the Forums.

Did you even think about what I posted before replying?  Try it again.  Try real hard now.  How might co-op still be preferable to carry all four keys yourself?  How might a duo that can now carry two keys each instead of one each benefit?  Is a duo the same thing as solo?

Come on, you can do it.  Put that brain to work.

^this^ +1

Also, I know not everyone has the best connection, but you don't have to host.  It is simple to get a team going for this.

You really want to carry all keys? Ok, enjoy reduced speed, damage, health and shields. All of that for extremely low chances to get something actually good. #Smart

I want you to have the choice.  A single player can carry 3 keys for a 75% success chance if they want.  A duo can each carry 2 keys for a 100% success rate.

Hell, a full team of 4 can each carry all 4 keys JUST FOR FUN if they want to. What I want is player choice.

there were another thread some time ago, it got buried :(

point brought out in the other thread is that vault are not something of a difficulty but RNG, also that there could be other things for cooperation in other missions or whatever...

Just curious but this statement implies that the availability of making Solo viable on Vault runs would in some way jeopardize co-op

How would a solo player - carrying all four keys or being able to count on playing four separate times - would pull players away from co-op?

Neither of those two "balancing" options really put the Solo player on equal footing as a team of four

Since the term co-op does not mean a four member team - as it could be two or three - what makes any of this four key requirement an actual co-op game mechanic?

Personally, I think allowing for some equalization for nonquad team missions improves the game experience without risking the multiplayer franchise

Lastly, is there aggregate data of how many missions are run with 1, 2, 3, 4 players?

I would suspect that Solo is not as small a minority as the post above implicitly assumes ... 

I want you to have the choice.  A single player can carry 3 keys for a 75% success chance if they want.  A duo can each carry 2 keys for a 100% success rate.

Hell, a full team of 4 can each carry all 4 keys JUST FOR FUN if they want to. What I want is player choice.

You must be a much faster typist than me as you have gotten off three posts to my one ...

BUT I agree with your remarks in each 1+, 1+, 1+

In this game, individualization is a core value ... don't cheapen it by arbitrary sensibilities of how others should play the game

Edited by ElHefe

It's your risk - go solo and you have 25% chance to unlock the vault, or get a whole team and have 100% chance.

Quoted for truth. I run them solo as well. 25% chance. I wouldn't take those odds on a bet, but I take them for vault runs.The rest of the RNG odds are far worse.

I like this idea, but some frames would romp this in running solo. So I'm still against it. Team up or cop the odds.

I like this idea, but some frames would romp this in running solo. So I'm still against it. Team up or cop the odds.

So fix the frames instead of gimping the game mode.  If the frames frames are so unbalanced that they could solo with all four keys then they are OP in co-op as well, and they need to be nerfed. Care to point out which ones you are in support of nerfing?

You'd have a Super slow and weak without shields and health against lvl35 infested that spit poison that takes 300 health from you.

Good luck with that

Having the choice to weigh risk vs reward is better than being forced to fail.  The game isn't exactly hard anyway.  Being able to carry multiple keys with you, even when not doing the missions they are used for could be the de facto "hard" mode for the game.

I hope they never change this and make it somewhat challenging to get to the Vault.

You want more powerful mods? Time to make a friend or two.

Changing this will only split the community up even further honestly. This is like one of the biggest ways to spread some teamwork around.

They only people that don't want this changed are greedy individuals that want to sell corrupted mods for exorbitant amounts of plat.

Incorrect. The trading system for this game is a travesty and I hate it with the bottom of my heart.

This doesn't need changing.

Did you even think about what I posted before replying?  Try it again.  Try real hard now.  How might co-op still be preferable to carry all four keys yourself?  How might a duo that can now carry two keys each instead of one each benefit?  Is a duo the same thing as solo?

Come on, you can do it.  Put that brain to work.

Both of you are very correct

Id say meet in the middle and make it a max of 2 keys so cooperative play is still much more advantageous while solo play isnt as bad

Even with all 4 keys you can easily Valkyr or loki or ash or half of every warframe troll through infested cause lets face it

Theyre dumb ._.

people are not understanding that more choices should be a thing. Yes equipping 4 keys is stupid but maybe 2 keys  wouldn't be so bad and make runs easier to manage and find. CHOICE that is all people are asking for. If you are afraid of a balance problem make keys do worse things when you equip 2 or more.

So fix the frames instead of gimping the game mode.  If the frames frames are so unbalanced that they could solo with all four keys then they are OP in co-op as well, and they need to be nerfed. Care to point out which ones you are in support of nerfing?

So far I have all the female frames (with the sole exception of Mirage) and Booben unlocked. My favorite, and the one which I take into solo Vault runs, is Valkyr. I purchased this frame (real money for platinum) up front when I first started playing as it was the frame that most suited my personality in real life. I really didn't take to my starter frame. It turned out to be a very worthwhile purchase.

Which is my way of saying that my experience is limited compared to some of you. But that frame, and from what I see playing with others, at least Mirage, are both capable of romping in a Vault run with all keys equipped. I reckon my Zephyr (other favorite) would also do well.

Maybe "romp it in" is the wrong term. I just don't see it needing to be any easier than it is right now.

You make a valid point though. Frame balance is an important and ongoing concern for all players. As an example, having come back after some time away, Mirage appears to be the new Nova.

I'm not forced to go solo?

Warframe0210_zpsf72edc8d.jpg

Maybe you aren't but I am. Trying to get Mirage was a nightmare and I gave up. A one in four chance to get one fifth of one quarter of a frame. This game already puts soloing at a huge disadvantage, there is no real reason why you should not be permitted to carry more than one key at a time.

Edited by Zachhh