Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Can Only Be One: Better Rng Vs. Better Desecrate

Guest Tehnoobshow

Relies implies that you cannot effectively play without Desecrate.

I've played just fine without it. A lot.

This move doesn't disable your ability to play the game. Like at all whatsoever. It also doesn't enable it.

It's just a skill. Also, if you take away Desecrate, there is literally no point to Nekros. Just saying.

Shadows is a godawful skill that makes the situation worse for the team.

He would only be used for Terrify if you take Desecrate away. It's like saying you should take Hysteria away completely. It defeats the entire purpose of said frame then.

Solve the actual problem, not sweep it under the rug.

Relies implies that you cannot effectively play without Desecrate.

I've played just fine without it. A lot.

This move doesn't disable your ability to play the game. Like at all whatsoever. It also doesn't enable it.

It's just a skill. Also, if you take away Desecrate, there is literally no point to Nekros. Just saying.

Shadows is a godawful skill that makes the situation worse for the team.

He would only be used for Terrify if you take Desecrate away. It's like saying you should take Hysteria away completely. It defeats the entire purpose of said frame then.

Solve the actual problem, not sweep it under the rug.

Politely, I beg to differ. Shadows of the Dead is very handy to use, especially on defense missions. If used properly, it adds more damage to the team, plus more bodies for the enemies to shoot at. If an enemy isn't shooting your teammate, that happens to be more damage they can dish out with that little less worry. Shadows of the Dead shadows make excellent decoys.

I love Desecrate, keeps little ol' me alive in missions. Health/Energy/Ammo....friend. Every now and then, in a super blue moon do I actually get some rarer drop I'll attempt to farm for. I run Nekros when I feel like it and keep the idea of the team needing goodies in mind. If you aren't a jerk about it, I'll be happy to desecrate, if you're a rude player you won't see as much goodies out of  me.

Does RNG need a fix, yeah, some of it does, would help Nekros find something more useful to do with his time then shop for the team.

Politely, I beg to differ. Shadows of the Dead is very handy to use, especially on defense missions. If used properly, it adds more damage to the team, plus more bodies for the enemies to shoot at. If an enemy isn't shooting your teammate, that happens to be more damage they can dish out with that little less worry. Shadows of the Dead shadows make excellent decoys.

There is one problem.

Your teammates can't shoot enemies when their is a giant super nova of bodies blocking all bullets/projectiles/LINE OF SIGHT.

Also, no there is two problems.

You can't move through said shadows. And neither can your teammates. This hinders movement and can cause players to get trapped in for example, a Toxic Ancients wake of destruction.

It's worthless.

There is one problem.

Your teammates can't shoot enemies when their is a giant super nova of bodies blocking all bullets/projectiles/LINE OF SIGHT.

Also, no there is two problems.

You can't move through said shadows. And neither can your teammates. This hinders movement and can cause players to get trapped in for example, a Toxic Ancients wake of destruction.

It's worthless.

Did you know that if you use Shadows of the Dead after killing some of the Ancient Healers, or Corrupted Ancients (which are the healers).. That if you go down, and they do their healing pulse, that you get right back up? I think that's very useful. A heal AND something that picks you up if you go down? Yes, please. 

While I do agree that the limiting factor of not being able to move through them does cause some problems, that should only really happen if there are no enemies around to attack, otherwise they should go for cover if they are ranged, or rush at them if they are melee.

Shooting through them is the same issue as not being able to shoot through other tenno, sentinels, and kubrows. They are physically there, because they are, in essence, zombies. So, I understand the issue, and it does not bother me that much as the fix is simple: move. That's what the tenno do well.

that's wut we need

just add some other utility to desecrate and we are good to go

(desecrate could act as carrier vacum ability and drag drops to you) makin it an eficient way to get energy or life fast

They could also make it that if Nekros picked up a health orb, everyone near him earnt a % of health from it to themselves.

Did you know that if you use Shadows of the Dead after killing some of the Ancient Healers, or Corrupted Ancients (which are the healers).. That if you go down, and they do their healing pulse, that you get right back up? I think that's very useful. A heal AND something that picks you up if you go down? Yes, please. 

While I do agree that the limiting factor of not being able to move through them does cause some problems, that should only really happen if there are no enemies around to attack, otherwise they should go for cover if they are ranged, or rush at them if they are melee.

Shooting through them is the same issue as not being able to shoot through other tenno, sentinels, and kubrows. They are physically there, because they are, in essence, zombies. So, I understand the issue, and it does not bother me that much as the fix is simple: move. That's what the tenno do well.

There is another problem with saying "move".

Said skill you need to move out of the way of hinders movement. My point was, most times you CAN'T move because of the shadows. So unless you are psychic, there is no way to know exactly when a Nekros is gonna cast his eyesore and to prepare to pack up your things and move to an entirely different tileset since his horde will take up the majority of space in the current tileset.

It's the same exact problem as doing Invasion missions. At first having them along MAY be helpful. But after a while they just get in the way.

No one likes lines. No one. Please move Corpus Tech, please move your gigantic &#! out of my doorway.

Same goes for those shadows. Please move undead foul abomination, please move your incredibly slow and dimwitted poorly coded AI &#! out of my everything forever just go and stay go please.

It's worthless.

There is another problem with saying "move".

Said skill you need to move out of the way of hinders movement. My point was, most times you CAN'T move because of the shadows. So unless you are psychic, there is no way to know exactly when a Nekros is gonna cast his eyesore and to prepare to pack up your things and move to an entirely different tileset since his horde will take up the majority of space in the current tileset.

It's the same exact problem as doing Invasion missions. At first having them along MAY be helpful. But after a while they just get in the way.

No one likes lines. No one. Please move Corpus Tech, please move your gigantic @$$ out of my doorway.

Same goes for those shadows. Please move undead foul abomination, please move your incredibly slow and dimwitted poorly coded AI @$$ out of my everything forever just go and stay go please.

It's worthless.

I must be the oddball then, as I enjoy invasion missions and the people who go with me on defense love it when I bring Nekros.

To me, Shadows of the Dead will be an invaluable assett as it diverts damage from you and your fellow Tenno to the shadows, and gives a boost to the overall damage. Plus, shadow ancients are amazing to have. Except Ancient Disruptors. Noone likes Ancient Disruptors.

Edited by SyberWolfe

I must be the oddball then, as I enjoy invasion missions and the people who go with me on defense love it when I bring Nekros.

I love it when people bring Nekros, IMO he's mandatory for any survival or farming mission, but only because of desecrate.

No desecrate? I'd rather have a Nyx. Chaos does it better.

The point here is Desecrate being improved or nerfed DOES NOT affect the RNG drop tables. Nekros is great for resupplying his teammates in endless missions. Look I'm not knocking Desecrate, it needs utlilty improvements, and needs to stop being used excessively for farming when farming mods is random.

But an improvement to drop table? Huge chance it won't happen.

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I would say improve the RNG then change desecrate to something that makes nekros not a loot frame.

Such as perhaps when Nekros casts Desecrate it creates a energy field on the ground around him in a large radius where already slain enemies get converted into health/ammo/energy while living ones that are killed within the field get possessed and become shadows.

Combine with Terrify being changed to a timed buff that releases a constant aura that cause nearby enemies to become locked in fear unable to battle or run away (like the effect Frost's Avalanche has when it is cast).

To help with soul punch issues, make the punched out soul explode after a short delay or when it hits another body. Could have a secondary effect of the enemy initially hit being turned into a shadow if the move kills it.