Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Can Only Be One: Better Rng Vs. Better Desecrate

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

What would you rather have? I think it'd be important for DE to know if the majority of the community relies on a literal band-aid ability for getting a fair chance at drops.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

If mod, resource and Life Support (and other similar drops) were increased to 1.9x current across the board, Desecrate could be limited to ammunition and energy drops, keeping it as a utility while removing the problems with the ability.

the majority of the community relies on a literal band-aid ability for getting a fair chance at drops.

It's a figurative bandaid. Nekros isn't a first aid kit.

However, many of us told Scott this in the very thread where Nekros was first being dreamt up.

To paraphrase myself "Desecrate will either be useless, or manditory in all future missions."

Guest Tehnoobshow

It's a figurative bandaid. Nekros isn't a first aid kit.

However, many of us told Scott this in the very thread where Nekros was first being dreamt up.

To paraphrase myself "Desecrate will either be useless, or manditory in all future missions."

It kind of is a first aid kit, I mean it drops health orbs. :D

If mod, resource and Life Support (and other similar drops) were increased to 1.9x current across the board, Desecrate could be limited to ammunition and energy drops, keeping it as a utility while removing the problems with the ability.

that's wut we need

just add some other utility to desecrate and we are good to go

(desecrate could act as carrier vacum ability and drag drops to you) makin it an eficient way to get energy or life fast

Edited by Tsoe

The reason why I don't use desecrate is how many times I have enemies fall under the chance of spawning nothing upon casting. It isn't a 100% chance that you will spawn something, sometimes you won't even spawn a health orb. I've always had terrible luck with this, and Nekros' other abilities just don't suit my playstyle. Shame, he has an awesome look.

Improve RNG and either remove Desecrate or limit it down to, like others have mentioned, a utility.

Players are starting to become to obsessed with the idea that if your going to farm, YOU MUST HAVE NEKROS. I see this in recruitment tabs again and again and again. Sure having a nekros can help sometimes, even if he is spamming desecrate until the player's fingers hurt, but in reality the rest of the team is just depending on that Nekros to find them the mod they want. There's no fun in this personally.

Nekros is starting to become a farmer, not a necromancer.

Desecrate improves your chances for drops by a small bit. But how is that really improving anything when you farm a certain mob that has between 7-10 mod drops. Chances are you won't get what your looking for.

Now that's not to say Desecrate is useless, I find myself using it for Survival mainly, as it has a REAL application there so that maybe if I can last longer I can get better time rewards.

In my opinion, people rely on him too much for something that is purely random. For example, I've spoken to a group of players that ran missions on Kappa, Sedna trying to farm Malicious Raptor mod. They had two Nekros' and two Lokis, planning to disarm and desecrate until the mod popped out.

After 4 Hours they finally got it, but only from one of them melee killing a Powerfist without Desecrating.

First off that just proves that you can't really try to farm things in this fashion. Also is just shows LUCK. RNG is LUCK. A Gamble. They were lucky to get that mod, but the fact that their efforts ended with an undesecrated mob dropping the mod made them feel the past four hours of actually trying had been pointless. It made it look like the Nekros' had no use.

Sorry for the wall of text with this, just wanted to give my two cents on this. I personally want to see better application of Desecrate rather than being the "backup RNG farm tool". Fixing RNG to begin with can help that.

Removing desecrate would take away the one ability that is actually useful on a Nekros making him the very worst frame. I don't see that as a good solution. He is already in dire need of reworking and removing any incentive to play him is a bad idea.  Improve RNG and rework his other abilites so he can actually be used for more than just one thing.

I'd rather have an improved reward system and then desecrate completely removed as it is currently is. That ability should have never ever been made.

There'd be some rather upset Nekros (Me included) if you did this, I've forma'd my Nekros 5 times now and removed all but two ability slots. And while I agree that all of Nekros abilities other than desecrate are very lacking (the only one I consider worth using occasionally is terrify actually) I don't know if puling the rug out from people who've already put in a lot of time an effort into maximizing the abilities effect and usefulness is going to be a good idea.

Guest Tehnoobshow

There'd be some rather upset Nekros (Me included) if you did this, I've forma'd my Nekros 5 times now and removed all but two ability slots. And while I agree that all of Nekros abilities other than desecrate are very lacking (the only one I consider worth using occasionally is terrify actually) I don't know if puling the rug out from people who've already put in a lot of time an effort into maximizing the abilities effect and usefulness is going to be a good idea.

As if DE hasn't done that a bazillion times before. It even says that they can do stuff like this in the EULA.

Guest Tehnoobshow

That doesn't make it okay or the right solution :3

But the right solution will never happen if Desecrate stays in the game.