Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Vazarin Weapon Mods.

SquirmyBurrito

We only have two, Sure Shot and Deep Freeze. 

I just glanced through my mod list and we only have 12 Vazarin weapon mods (I am missing 17 mods so it is possible that some of those may also be Vazarin). Of those Vazarin weapon mods:

Four are Cold damage mods. (Two Primary, One Secondary, One melee)

Four are Status chance mods (Two Primary, One Secondary, One Melee)

One is Hammer Shot (Primary)

Three are channeling mods (Melee)

Edit: Changed title

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread so quick thanks to which ever mod moves this (assuming it gets moved).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

The problem the "D" polarity means defence, how you can put defence in a weapon without falling in utility AKA  "-" polarity

I think the whole "D for defense" thing only applies to frames and companions. Vazarin on weapons usually just means status, cold damage, and hammer shot/some channeling mods for melee weapons.

When I'm looking for the D polarity in weapons, I know for sure I'll be getting a cold mod and 1 or 2 other mods that I don't need to bother with. And that's the problem. Frame section has a wider varieties of D polarity mods and we need to see this happen as well for weapons

I refuse to call them by their names.

They are D, =, ~, V and no one cares about sentinel ability mods but they would be } if anyone did.

It is easier for me to just call them by their names rather then try to figure out what symbol is going to best convey which polarity I'm talking about.

Yeah, the Vazarin are underrepresented, not to mention that they often have mod costs and/or effect that deviate wildly from the norm of what similar mods do...

Are the Vazarin perhaps the hipsters of the star chart? Using cold mods differently because it's not enough that it's cool, there's no way it's going to follow the mainstream mod patterns either...

In regards to weapons, I fully agree. But they gave us Quick Thinking, so they are currently the clan I most identify with. /role_playing

Well this thread was about the weapon mods, which my reply was aimed at.

They certainly do have some great mods to help with survivability in more ways than one!

D, =,  ~,  V , |. (sentinel precept = vertical slash+dot), O (fusion core), ¢ (cent sign is close enough to that stance thing)

D mods for weapons could be stuff like life steal and weird nonexisting mods for weird nonexisting weapons. 

A quantum destabilizer gun would have as a primary effect the removal of armor going all the way up to negative values, which would end up acting as damage multipliers. 

Reversing roles, there could be healing beam/shield recharger weapons. A missile launcher weapon could do an 'energy explosion' to recharge players in an area. And/or vampire weapons which take from the enemies to give the player(s) health/shield/energy/armor.