Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Picking Up Heavy Weapons From Special Enemies

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

So I am sure that a lot of gamers here have encountered this feature in other TPSs, special enemy comes with grenade launcher, minigun or whatever and it looks freaking massive, strong and heavy. After you kill that enemy you get to have his weapon for some time, personally I think it would be awesome if we could have that as a feature in warframe for "minibosses".

Amount of weapon types

-Large energy crossbow

-Minigun

-Railgun

-Large plasma minigun?

-Large slow grenade launcher (explodes on impact and it isn't too easy to aim around)

-Large infested reaper

-Large infested sword

-Large energy sword

^yes everything has to be large, the bigger the better! >:D

Mechanics

-You are slowed down severely

-If you swap to personal weapon the special one is dropped

-Limited ammo

-Cannot do various things such as wallrunning

What do you guys think? Basic thing but I think it would provide us with some variety in weapons but limited by their availability and ammo within special missions.

Thanks! :)

Why? I always get excited when I get to use something that is not available to me all the time. These things would be heavily limited and they would attract attention due to the power and lack of availability

that's the thing. Don't you think where already a bit OP when against the NPC enemies? adding more OPness to it would really damage the already wonky system

mechanic sounds somewhat interesting but i feel like big and heavy doesn't fit the game to well (somehow gigantic heavy melee made it this far)

Edited by thecool1232

Would be neat actually, that's what Dark Sector did where you could pick up this minigun equipped with a launcher from this powered armor unit. Then again you can pretty much pick up any primaries from Dark Sector's enemies :P

I don't mind picking up Napalm's flamy Torid and proccing flames all the way.

that's the thing. Don't you think where already a bit OP when against the NPC enemies? adding more OPness to it would really damage the already wonky system

mechanic sounds somewhat interesting but i feel like big and heavy doesn't fit the game to well (somehow gigantic heavy melee made it this far)

Yeah but this OPness is limited, heavily. I am against limiting one system because of another broken one, our balance is broken I understand but various game aspects shouldn't be limited because of it:

-Boss mechanics

-Weapon types like this

-Insanely powerful auras to try and knock us down from our high throne

-Improving armor

-Improving pickups, consumables and attachments

etc, etc...

Yeah but this OPness is limited, heavily. I am against limiting one system because of another broken one, our balance is broken I understand but various game aspects shouldn't be limited because of it:

-Boss mechanics

-Weapon types like this

-Insanely powerful auras to try and knock us down from our high throne

-Improving armor

-Improving pickups, consumables and attachments

etc, etc...

if this mechanic where added it would be the same broken system though :P 

idk but im not find of this type of mechanic being added to a game like warframe. this of course, is just my opinion.

My only problem with this is the fights over who gets the weapon. 4 players, 1 gun- this is a recipe for rage.

First come first served as always, don't see a problem with that. People rage anyway, I mean I don't play Nova conventionally or I use Saryn or whatever..people always rage, if there is nothing to rage about they will rage about there being nothing to rage about ;)

if this mechanic where added it would be the same broken system though :P 

idk but im not find of this type of mechanic being added to a game like warframe. this of course, is just my opinion.

This would be limited to certain enemies, current heavies can keep their stuff but future minibosses..something that comes more rarely and is hard to kill.

What I meant by my reply to you is that the broken system needs to be fixed, not us building around it. It's like building a wall around a crack instead of fixing the crack :/

Leaders would be the ideal candidate for this feature. A gunnar dropping a gorgon, or a tech leader dropping a flux rifle, or an eximus dropping a temporary aura would be amazing. DE has made a small step towards swapping weapons with the Spectres of Liberty where you can now arm a rescued target. I think if DE pursued the idea of enemies dropping guns in the mission(for use only in that mission), they would also have to look into players being able to swap weapons between each-other. I think it'd be awesome to lend my friend my Brakk for a mission so that they could help at wave 50 while I'm doing CC and shredding with my Soma. I love the idea, but there is a lot of balancing, animation, and bug fixes.

This would be limited to certain enemies, current heavies can keep their stuff but future minibosses..something that comes more rarely and is hard to kill.

What I meant by my reply to you is that the broken system needs to be fixed, not us building around it. It's like building a wall around a crack instead of fixing the crack :/

nice metaphor and yea i guess applying this to future bosses makes more sense. lets see if DE adds any mini bosses(maybe the Juggernaut infested will become a miniboss?)