Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Trinity Hate?

TeddyBear

Like Reb has stated here, we'll be doing further testing tonight to report more thoughts.

Constructive feedback is appreciated! 

Only feedback anyone can give is that Trinity is crap now, just like Excalibur. Thank you so much.

Edited by Wyrmius

This nerf screws with the Blessing spam build, does it not?

So if you use a maxed Blessing and a maxed intensify will blessing health restore be back up to 100%?

Yes it will.

You need only 25% on Intensify, no need to max it, as you exceed the limit of 100% on blessing and there is no overheal mechanic.

However this change caters mostly to people who play against enemies on lvl 30 or lower.

Now, enemies around lvl 50 and having Blessing on cooldown, someone unfortunately caught by a Heavy Gunner = death, because Blessing is not available.

I'm currently using unranked blessing with small boost to power strength, to make it heal 50 %. This new update, just made me spam blessing even more, thanks... now instead of playing the game, I press #4 even more...

Edited by PureHostility

Yes it will.

You need only 25% on Intensify, no need to max it, as you exceed the limit of 100% on blessing and there is no overheal mechanic.

However this change caters mostly to people who play against enemies on lvl 30 or lower.

Now, enemies around lvl 50 and having Blessing on cooldown, someone unfortunately caught by a Heavy Gunner = death, because Blessing is not available.

I'm currently using unranked blessing with small boost to power strength, to make it heal 50 %. This new update, just made me spam blessing even more, thanks... now instead of playing the game, I press #4 even more...

Thanks, I have tried using the spam Blessing build and am finding that I am not very good with it. I really like the QT+Rage+Flow build and I am adding a Link to slow down the Energy Drain, was going to add Overextended because of Narrow Minded but have to add Intensify instead now. I would rather have 99% damage reduction for 28sec than spam Energy Vampire, Link and Blessing forever. If a teammate goes down, go over heal them as much as possible before your health is at 2 and activate Blessing and finish healing them.

I don't understand why people didn't realize that with the combo QT+rage+flow+vitality, Trinity was just invincible. Even after the first nerf it was possible to give a 99,9% resist to the whole team quasi-continuously.

A frame that can't die, with infinite energy .... can there be a more OP frame in this game?

And that only means Well of life needs a buff

*rework. The word you're looking for is rework.

Well of Life was quite useful for taking heavy units out of the battle, even if only for a while. Now, with leaders and their auras, that's not really an option any more (or does their aura get switched off, while they hang around in the air?). Health for dealt damage is a nice idea, but since the target's health is multiplied by 10, you can empty your whole arsenal into them and they'd still be alive. Plus, they don't "keep" the damage when they go back to normal health, so you'll have to use another mag to finally kill them.

Well of Life should mark all enemies within a certain radius (similar to Molecular Prime) and whenever you hit one of them, you get back health. That way, it would actually be useful as a healing skill.

While this is correct, why keep another copy of Intensify if I already have a maxed one for all the other frames?

Edited by Bibliothekar

I don't understand why people didn't realize that with the combo QT+rage+flow+vitality, Trinity was just invincible. Even after the first nerf it was possible to give a 99,9% resist to the whole team quasi-continuously.

A frame that can't die, with infinite energy .... can there be a more OP frame in this game?

1) What does this have to do with newest update? The only thing that was nerfed in recent update, was an ability to build Trinity as squishy spam healer. An ability to make almost invincible tank is still in there, so what's your problem?

2) Yes, there are stronger / more versatile warframes already in the game. When did you play Warframe last time?

3) Is your experience based on level 15 enemies or something? You could easily die with QT+R combo on higher levels.

This is getting a tad silly on DE's part.

They keep fiddling and altering blessing to try and make it work but seemed to have forgotten the point of where they started.

What blessing seemed to be was a short invincibility. However now we had the mods to make it too powerful, so it became damage reduction instead and this is fine.

The problem is escalating because DE never corrected the other half of blessing which I would bet good money was never really part of the original concept of the ability. The HP and Shield "healing". The original ability always healed to full Hp and shields. Then you made it give damage reduction based on the amount of Hp healed. This, in my opinion, made it a completely unwieldy ability where you would have to stare at hp bars to time the cast just right. You would be reward by % damage reduction based upon the % of health that the case blessing healed. However during that time you could not recast blessing. This meant players could still be hurt. (Don't know if this was changed yet).

So people used lower rank blessings and fleeting expertise to reduce the duration and cost so they spam a max heal. This obviously was supposed to be corrected by the changes yesterday. However I would simply add at intensify on to the zero rank build and cast the ability twice in quick succession and get pretty much the same result.

Surely the crux of the problem here is the healing of this ability. Remove the HP and Shield healing from blessing. Make blessing a % damage reduction ability like it was meant to be. Maybe make the % damage reduction based on the amount of shields lost by allies. So if any player is at 0% shields at cast you give them 99% damage reduction. Put the base level 3 mod duration at something like 6 seconds to stop the ability lasting forever and ever.

Finally put the HP and shield healing on to Well of life! Currently well of life is pointless. Why does this ability exist when blessing is based around the principals of needing your allies to have as low HP as possible? The desired use and goal of these two ability are antagonistic to each other instead of some form of synergy.

Surely the crux of the problem here is the healing of this ability. Remove the HP and Shield healing from blessing. Make blessing a % damage reduction ability like it was meant to be.

What? Where did you get that from?

Trinity is a healer, Blessing's primary purpose is to heal your allies. The invulnerability / damage reduction was an added bonus.

DE needs to stop hammering on single abilities, and instead balance on a PER-FRAME basis.  Prime example:

I understand why we may need to nerf Blessing.  This makes some sense to me.  However, it only makes sense if Well of Life is worth using.  By only nerfing Blessing, the FRAME (Trinity) is reduced in end-game content value to an energy battery and occasional spot healer.

DE: when you need to nerf an ability: step back and balance the FRAME *before* releasing the changes.  All frames need to be viable in the spectrum of play: most importantly, in end-game play.  It is OK if some frames suck in early play, but it is not acceptable that only 4-5 frames are seen in truly end-game play.  After this patch, we can reduce that count to 3.

As mentioned above, Blessing should be an ultimate!  Non-spammable, but highly impacting (like it used to be).  WoL should be our spammed spot-heal, if built for it.  Fix WoL, and save Trinity, then get to work on buffing/fixing other frames that are not useful in end game.

*rework. The word you're looking for is rework.

Well of Life was quite useful for taking heavy units out of the battle, even if only for a while. Now, with leaders and their auras, that's not really an option any more (or does their aura get switched off, while they hang around in the air?). Health for dealt damage is a nice idea, but since the target's health is multiplied by 10, you can empty your whole arsenal into them and they'd still be alive. Plus, they don't "keep" the damage when they go back to normal health, so you'll have to use another mag to finally kill them.

Well of Life should mark all enemies within a certain radius (similar to Molecular Prime) and whenever you hit one of them, you get back health. That way, it would actually be useful as a healing skill.

Mostly implied by buff, but yes  rework works too. I get kind of tired of adding buff, tweak and rework every time I bring it up. 

Although I'd think a more conal enemy debuff+heal would be better. Trinity doesn't really need pure CC, and she already has this vampire thing going on between EV and Link, and should be more of an active healer, letting Oberon be the passive one.