Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Spawns In Solo Are Completely Unreasonable

holdenagincourt

Either the patch changes a couple weeks back didn't take, or they didn't go far enough.

I just did an alert mission, which was my favorite type...Spy (not). I spent about 15 minutes kiting enemies back and forth between two tiles, including 9 Toxic Ancients and 15 Ancient Disruptors. No, I did not kite them into that room from earlier in the map; since it was a Spy I had to kill them as I found them. I used an omni ammo box and then a pistol ammo box on top of any ammo drops I could find. To reiterate, this was just to clear two rooms of an average-sized spaceship tileset.

Because I was Trinity it wasn't possible to AOE nuke the spawns, but that shouldn't be necessary to advance in a level in a solo IMO. And I wouldn't have any problem with fighting off a large number of enemies in each room. The gripe I have is with the fact that they respawn, for all intents and purposes, endlessly, and often behind you in rooms you cleared and exited seconds before. How is it possible to practice a coherent solo strategy when an Ancient Disruptor and Toxic Ancient, along with a dozen mixed Chargers, Runners and Leapers, spawn directly behind you the instant you move to a new room and encounter a fresh group? You just get knocked down, disrupted and killed because all your shields and energy are gone, and you can't move because you're body-blocked on all sides.

By the way, this wasn't a high planet...it was Venus. And the level of effort and material required (two ammo boxes, two revives) and difficulty was simply not commensurate either with the reward or the planet.

Oh and one last thing...Spy should be a mutually exclusive mission type with every other type. After getting these four devices I was told that I had to do a raid objective. Spy is already a tedious mission when solo, and without a doubt the longest of the four--not to mention it locks you out of your primary weapon. Getting an additional objective after killing--no hyperbole--40 Ancient Disruptors and 20 Toxic Ancients--is simply unreasonable.

Glad to hear it. Playing as Mag it is the same thing, but Crush doesn't kill them one hit which is highly annoying especially when you get massive disrupted trying to save up energy for Crush. Pull doesn't do jack against them. It should have a reduce spawn during solo.

1. Choose your frame, artifacts, mods and weapons wisely.

2. Profit

A loki with a gram can pretty much level an entire swarm alone just by stealthing and mowing down everything in an auto crit mode.

Saryn's ultimate can obliterate nearly anything by not even dealing any damage, instead simply melting everything.

Nyx's mind control can level pretty much any size of a swarm

Ember's ring of fire can also deal enough damage to burn away a lot of things

Etc

Climbing on boxes or any higher up objects is instawin against infested cause they are almost 100% melee.

Having a freeze mod on your pet can slow charging ancients just enough to break them straight into half with a charge attack, 2 seconds before they could actually hit you.

Using shotguns is the most profitable since these mobs will close range on you

Having an energy mod and an offensive frame enables you to dish out any number of skills as long you take breaks inbetween.

Etc

Infested are the easiest out of the 3 fractions.

That being said, they are extremely lethal should you screw up and let them land hits on you.

I can agree that stunlock is an evil thing, not to mention the disruptor and poison ancients.

1. Choose your frame, artifacts, mods and weapons wisely.

2. Profit

A loki with a gram can pretty much level an entire swarm alone just by stealthing and mowing down everything in an auto crit mode.

Saryn's ultimate can obliterate nearly anything by not even dealing any damage, instead simply melting everything.

Nyx's mind control can level pretty much any size of a swarm

Ember's ring of fire can also deal enough damage to burn away a lot of things

Etc

Climbing on boxes or any higher up objects is instawin against infested cause they are almost 100% melee.

Having a freeze mod on your pet can slow charging ancients just enough to break them straight into half with a charge attack, 2 seconds before they could actually hit you.

Using shotguns is the most profitable since these mobs will close range on you

Having an energy mod and an offensive frame enables you to dish out any number of skills as long you take breaks inbetween.

Etc

Infested are the easiest out of the 3 fractions.

That being said, they are extremely lethal should you screw up and let them land hits on you.

I can agree that stunlock is an evil thing, not to mention the disruptor and poison ancients.

I wonder what new fowl creature their going to add? Poison chargers? I actually find Corpus a lot easier with mag.

Edited by Makemap

Either the patch changes a couple weeks back didn't take, or they didn't go far enough.

I just did an alert mission, which was my favorite type...Spy (not). I spent about 15 minutes kiting enemies back and forth between two tiles, including 9 Toxic Ancients and 15 Ancient Disruptors. No, I did not kite them into that room from earlier in the map; since it was a Spy I had to kill them as I found them. I used an omni ammo box and then a pistol ammo box on top of any ammo drops I could find. To reiterate, this was just to clear two rooms of an average-sized spaceship tileset.

Because I was Trinity it wasn't possible to AOE nuke the spawns, but that shouldn't be necessary to advance in a level in a solo IMO. And I wouldn't have any problem with fighting off a large number of enemies in each room. The gripe I have is with the fact that they respawn, for all intents and purposes, endlessly, and often behind you in rooms you cleared and exited seconds before. How is it possible to practice a coherent solo strategy when an Ancient Disruptor and Toxic Ancient, along with a dozen mixed Chargers, Runners and Leapers, spawn directly behind you the instant you move to a new room and encounter a fresh group? You just get knocked down, disrupted and killed because all your shields and energy are gone, and you can't move because you're body-blocked on all sides.

By the way, this wasn't a high planet...it was Venus. And the level of effort and material required (two ammo boxes, two revives) and difficulty was simply not commensurate either with the reward or the planet.

Oh and one last thing...Spy should be a mutually exclusive mission type with every other type. After getting these four devices I was told that I had to do a raid objective. Spy is already a tedious mission when solo, and without a doubt the longest of the four--not to mention it locks you out of your primary weapon. Getting an additional objective after killing--no hyperbole--40 Ancient Disruptors and 20 Toxic Ancients--is simply unreasonable.

Since Trinity is mainly a support frame, you'll need really good weapons and mods to solo effectively. Like others have said use terrain to your advantage, also get a Shade sentinel with ghost and revenge asap if you don't already have it.

Shade is amazing for solo play.

My suggestion is getting a Gorgon and modding it with Multishot and Freeze mod. AP is good if you can kite like a baws. Else, just get Freeze.

My unpotatoed Gorgon tends to tear them down easily thanks to Multishot and AP.

Edited by matrixEXO

I'm trying to think of two tiles that don't have a single safe spot from infested and I'm drawing a blank. I know there are a few where they're a pain to reach or force you to not kill runners before ancients, but it seems like really bad luck. Plus once you get on the box you can switch to your primary while you mow everything down and just pick the cartridge up again.

Grineer spawn numbers in solo, on the other hand...I've seen the small asteroid rooms with two vents/three elevated exits with 20+ grineer in them in solo. That's just boring.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

My suggestion is getting a Gorgon and modding it with Multishot and Freeze mod. AP is good if you can kite like a baws. Else, just get Freeze. My unpotatoed Gorgon tends to tear them down easily thanks to Multishot and AP.

Geeze people have you not read his post properly. He say he is doing Spy mission. He is stuck on secondary which is the pistol playing solo!

Perhaps a flying foul is on they're minds.

Great flying shooting bats. But really, what the devs need to do is not put every freaking monsters in the lower levels. As the higher the level you go, the more new creatures you should see. I think they should remove the ancients in the first Mercury infestation level.

Geeze people have you not read his post properly. He say he is doing Spy mission. He is stuck on secondary which is the pistol playing solo!

Pistol works fine in most instances, however if it gets hairy just do the following.

1.) Swap to Rifle. (Data unit will drop at your feet)

2.) Mow down room with your automatic/burst fire.

3.) Pick up Data unit (you will swap to pistol)

4.) Proceed on your way.

I just did an alert mission, which was my favorite type...Spy (not). I spent about 15 minutes kiting enemies back and forth between two tiles, including 9 Toxic Ancients and 15 Ancient Disruptors.

wait-what.jpg

Are you completely sure you are not exaggerating...?

Just cause 24 ancients are a bit much even by defense map standards and you have managed to hoard them up on a mere 2 tiles?

Either exaggeration or you are probably genetically engineered to attract them. I have yet to see a number higher than 10 appearing outside of defense.

I am having this same issue with corpus or any enemy really and they are sticking me with a pistol too. The spawns are too big for one person. I open the door and there's like 40 guys on the screen and it was never like that before, because I have 100s of hours of gameplay videos on youtube showing the spawns just a few weeks ago. Now most every map has a huge army of enemies coming at me and my shields and health are dropping almost immediately.  No more revives = done with this game for the day, which is really sad.

The last two alerts I did, enemies were so dense the doorways were all blocked with them. It's really frustrating.  Even when I dropped the data unit, it was either too late and I was dead or it didn't matter anyway, stuff just killed me too fast to deal with it.

Edited by BloodDoll

I am having this same issue with corpus or any enemy really and they are sticking me with a pistol too. The spawns are too big for one person. I open the door and there's like 40 guys on the screen and it was never like that before, because I have 100s of hours of gameplay videos on youtube showing the spawns just a few weeks ago. Now most every map has a huge army of enemies coming at me and my shields and health are dropping almost immediately.  No more revives = done with this game for the day, which is really sad.

The last two alerts I did, enemies were so dense the doorways were all blocked with them. It's really frustrating.  Even when I dropped the data unit, it was either too late and I was dead or it didn't matter anyway, stuff just killed me too fast to deal with it.

Lucky you didn't geet hit by disruptors. Knock out all your energy and can't use you AOE skill. WTH.

I actually have been, but the problems vary from faction to faction. Something is not right currently when looking back at the videos I recorded playing solo or duo a few weeks ago. This game went from challenging and logical to mass effect 3 lame. It's some cheapness in how I'm dying. Hordes of enemies blocking doors, chained lockdowns and enemies appearing in areas I definitely cleared out.  The game used to make some sense, but I am seeing some odd gameplay now. Too many encounters going on at once. I never ran out of revives on all my characters the first hour of gameplay. Usually I used 1-2 a night at the most across 6 hours of playing. Now I am using all of them on every character I have. And then there is ammo issues now too. Looks like someone at DE let the lightning out of the bottle, or something.

Edited by BloodDoll

I actually have been, but the problems vary from faction to faction. Something is not right currently when looking back at the videos I recorded playing solo or duo a few weeks ago. This game went from challenging and logical to mass effect 3 lame. It's some cheapness in how I'm dying. Hordes of enemies blocking doors, chained lockdowns and enemies appearing in areas I definitely cleared out.  The game used to make some sense, but I am seeing some odd gameplay now. Too many encounters going on at once. I never ran out of revives on all my characters the first hour of gameplay. Usually I used 1-2 a night at the most across 6 hours of playing. Now I am using all of them on every character I have. And then there is ammo issues now too. Looks like someone at DE let the lightning out of the bottle, or something.

Ive been seeing stuff like that, the stunlocks and distruptors taking energy and shields is the worse. Its really bad that every single infested can stun/stumble you and and when their is like 25+ attacking oyu at once it just gets stupid.

I actually have been, but the problems vary from faction to faction. Something is not right currently when looking back at the videos I recorded playing solo or duo a few weeks ago. This game went from challenging and logical to mass effect 3 lame. It's some cheapness in how I'm dying. Hordes of enemies blocking doors, chained lockdowns and enemies appearing in areas I definitely cleared out.  The game used to make some sense, but I am seeing some odd gameplay now. Too many encounters going on at once. I never ran out of revives on all my characters the first hour of gameplay. Usually I used 1-2 a night at the most across 6 hours of playing. Now I am using all of them on every character I have. And then there is ammo issues now too. Looks like someone let the lightning out of the bottle.

Ya, I know the Back spawn just needs to be fixed. It is ridiculous especially for Infested. I kill a bunch of ancients and in front more ancient, when I go back a little, it spawns more Ancient behind. WTH is up with the spawn time.

Even when it comes to Grinners. I clear the back already, go front a little and a whole bunch of grinners back spawned me I kill them again. Front Spawns again, I kill them. Then the Back spawns again. It is like telling me to move back and forth, mine as will rush through and not kill anyone which ruins the game.

Edited by Makemap

Well I hope they clear this up, it is a problem with all the factions, some just are making the situation more unfun.  Hopefully they correct this scaling and maybe add a second mode called duo. The spawns crazy now compared to what it was and I ran out of revives on every character, something that never happened before. I won't ever spend money on revives, because in my own opinion it's something that should be free. I could see 3-4 "lives" per map, but not totally using them all up for the entire day, and then stuck unable to play at all until the timer resets in 24 hours or whatever it is. I hope they aren't taking akamikeb's word for things. He even said on his channel they set him up with stuff, so it's going to be easier for him and his endless mods, than normal people playing.

Edited by BloodDoll

I highly recommend playing 1-player private instead of "solo" on hard missions (i.e. when you're not using the huge spawns for weapons). At least in my experience the spawns are much more limited there.

I actually tried both ways, solo and private. The spawn is the same. It's probably worse on private for me. The crazy thing is I'm doing the same missions/planets I did last week and everything about my characters items have improved since, yet it's somehow become harder. The shield stripping I'm seeing various enemies doing is ridiculous now. It's not even fun and it's breaking the flow of combat that was surprisingly decent until recently.

Edited by BloodDoll