Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breech (Open)

AutobotRaven

"If we could drop out of the stream why go back to the tower? We would be back in non-flux space." My tone denoted I was tired of Halcyon insubordinates. "Now EAmorr and I are going to the command deck, if you want to live you can come with us,but if you do I will not hesitate to drop you if you diminish our chances of survival." I turned approached an emergency use ladder, and popped the hatch open. The tube was narrow, I wandered how a lancer would get down this ladder to safety. EAmorr close behind. "This tube would get out below the command deck." The galleon tipped to the right. "We don't have much time." I said almost whispering.

"No" she spoke firmly, "you two are going to the command deck, i am going to stay here and hold them off buying the two of you time to get us out of this void jump. But keep in mind if you two start playing alpha male again all of us will die." her tone was cold, Remsellis knew that this was her tone when she was more that a little upset. "If i can seal the door before they get in here then i will follow you two to the command deck, And when i get there i had better not see any more of the two of you acting like children." The galleon shook violently once more "GO, NOW!"

My feet barely made a sound as I ran down the hall to the command deck. Grineer lancers came like a flood out side doors, nowhere to dodge. I raised my aegis just in time, a hailstorm of hot metal was sprayed on me be elite troopers with drakgoons. Sliding beneath them I sliced their knees with my silva, more lancers, I cut the arm off of one and broke the others arm with a mighty bash of my shield. Before either grakata hit the ground, I snatched them out of the air now the tables were turned. I rushed blindly into the wall of shield lancers, but my dual grakata seemed a surprise to them. The lifeless Grineer shield wall lay on the ground, I was covered in their blood. The door to the command deck was guarded by two bombards, I pulled the triggers, empty... Going back to the silva I only had nanoseconds to respond to what I saw, the bombards opened fire. One rocket was less than a meter away, I raise the white fire blade and cut the rocket in two. The other I quickly dodged by rolling to the left. I jumped on the back of one of the guards, planting my silva deep in his skull, the other tried to retaliate but I was too fast. The sound of my Magnus rang in the hall as the giant Grineer fell to the ground with a hole between his eyes. The door was an easy hack, once the cipher was solved and the door started to open I thought it a good idea for some reinforcements. Without a word the bodies of well over twenty Grineer got back up and followed me into the command deck. Gunfire was background noise as I walked to the captain and blew his brains out, smearing the floor with his brains. A Grineer engineer that tried to run tripped on a power cable. I leaned down and looked him in the eyes, I felt pity for this Grineer igor, his limbs were all mechanical he also had an optic implant. I picked him up off the ground and looked him over I could not understand his slurred grineese, but he understood that the ship was in danger. He hobbled to the main console and started bringing what was left of the galleon out of the void jump. "The ship is going through the streams lower wall, brace for impact! EAmorr!" The static wasn't as heavy on the helmet coms, but I don't know if she heard me. The breach was not over yet. The ship shook with the ferocity of an earthquake, a blinding white light cut into every corner of the ship. A sound like that of a stars death.

There was nothing.

But then sound, shapes, my vision became clear. I lay on the ground, getting up was hard my body was hardened like stone, every one of my joints ached. I surveyed the console, only about a third of the ship made it out and even less was functional. "I was afraid I lost you.." The Lotus's voice came as a relief. "We are fine, we will regroup at the conclave." I was still reeling "extraction will be required once we get off" I looked out the viewport and beheld a sight that would shock me back to action. Mars. We are on a collision course with Mars. I had to think fast, looking at the screens and panels that were covered in blood I found a hanger was still functional. "EAmorr, halcyon move to the forth hanger, there are some troop transports we can use to get off, unless you want to ride this thing into the red dirt of mars." My tone was in no joking mood. I turned from the command deck, counted my shots, and broke into a full sprint. " time to go home"

"What happened, i saw your life signal go offline?!" The sound of an explosion and fire confirmed that she had a napalm on her hands. Over the comm Remsellis could hear the sound of her chaos as she started sprinting towards the hanger he had specified. "Alright im on my-" her comm link suddenly went dark.

EAmorr had been tackled by the napalm, and with her being so small she didn't stand a chance against the grineer's weight. He was looming over her with his combat knife held to her throat. It was taking all of her strength to keep his knife from slitting her throat, thinking quickly she cast her psychic bolts into the eye sockets of the heavy's helmet. The napalm clawed at his eyes and she was able to crawl out from beneath him and run to the hanger.

Halcyon looked around, dazed, having fought off several doubts about the plan and afterward being thrown about as the ship dropped from void stream. He heard Remselli, and followed EAmorr. Sprinting through the ship and wondering why I'd been tossed into the ship by an Oracle Master. Something important was gonna happen, and something was definitely bothering him. Whether it be the threatening Nekros or the ship designed to do a certain thing ripping apart when it did the thing it was built to do. Halcyon pondered this, giving up on the Nekros, waiting for a slip up in which he could help in order to prove himself.

As i walk down the halls of the galleon, clutching my side, I hadn't gotten out unscathed after all. My black and grey nekros was now red with the blood of countless Grineer. I shuffled to the hangar where I found EAmorr and Halcyon. "Halcyon, our paths split here. There are enough transports for us to go our separate ways." My voice was calm,and quiet. I turned to EAmorr and we boarded one of the Grineer drop ships. The cargo gate closed tight, no stowaways. From the cockpit I remotely opened the hanger doors for our craft. The galleon shook as it was struck by an asteroid or some other matter of space debris, breaking the ceiling loose and crushing the right engine. It's too late to turn back, full speed, the jets roared and spat fire, and in a flash we had exited the sinking starship.

But I wasn't enough the remaining engine was malfunctioning, and we began to fall to the surface like a stone to the bottom of a pond. I could not tell if halcyon had gotten out, but I did see many escape craft leaving. I just hope for his sake I don't see him again.

Clouds and sand flashed before my eyes. I can't steer. The galleon is far enough away, but the explosion I put off was magnificent. Fire danced in my eyes. I saw the dunes. It all went dark.

Halcyon looked at the other dropships, the closest one was forty feet away, right after the one that had been taken, he looked around, holding still as armor of ice encased him, nailed him to the floor. The explosion resounded, but didn't obliterate the hangar, he broke the ice, sprinting forward, he nearly got there when the Grav generators gave out. He pulled out his Dex Furis, remembering something similar happening a long time ago. Propelling his self forward with the machine gun pistols, he got into a surviving ship and launched, into the already close atmosphere.

"Nano, you know what to do." He said, and the AI affirmed, hacking into the grineer systems and activating air brakes on the large ship as Halcyon struggled with the controls of the smaller. The ship was going no where, burning up in the atmosphere, and he rolled his eyes. Grabbing a parachute and opening the bay doors. He jumped out, slinging the parachute on. Diving towards the planet below. He saw the other ship, the first, and lifted a hand, freezing it's side, just enough of a reentry shield. He fell for a few minutes longer, cooling himself wen needed. He started getting close to the ground, and activated his parachute, it was a strange one, one with handles on both sides to steer, he turned toward where he'd seen the other ship fall. He got there quickly, practically landing on tip of it, and looked at its bay door. He touched the steaming metal, cooling it quickly, making it brittle. He punched through it with his cybernetic arm and stuck his head in.

"Sorry, looks like you two are stuck with me a little longer." He said,

Ignoring the frost's statement EAmorr was on the floor kneeling over Remsellis. "Please, you have to wake up, i need you, i love you." her helmet had retracted and a curtain of her long dark hair shrouded her face from the frost. "if only i had brought my trinity armor, you would be alright." she whispered as her head fell forward onto the nekros's chest. her shoulders began to shake slightly and the frost could tell that she was crying. "Don't leave me like this" she whispered between tears "I cant' live without you, i don't want to live without you. Please, wake up" She grasped Remsellis's hand and held it between both of hers, pressing it to her face. 

Halcyon saw the scene, his expression grim, he opened the door and stepped over to the unconscious or even dead, form of Remselli. He retrieved a small device from his shoulder, and said,

"Nano, wake him up."

"Defibrillation abilities require energy, is the ship operational?"

"No time, draw from my shields." Halcyon responded,

"But sir..."

"Do it Nano."

"You know how long they take to regenerate. And using them in such a manner could result in them being reduced permanently. You will be vulnerable."

"Better than having another dead tenno."

"Sir..."

"Do it. Now." Halcyon growled, and the AI did the screened equivalent of a nod. Halcyon's shields began dropping, from massive quantities, they were now near around four hundred, and still dropping. Halcyon looked at EAmorr.

"You may need to step back."

"Sir it's not working."

"O into my life support if you must, give it everything we've got short of my life." Halcyon commanded, and the AI did as told.

Infinite darkness.

A faint light.

I could hear the drums again.

The light got closer.

Was it the void?

Was it my soul?

The drums got louder the closer I got.

I could here EAmorr's voice call for me.

I was dying.

The universe shook around me.

The light drew away, the drums fade out.

I had to go back.

I could not leave her.

The darkness of death was pulled away.

When I opened my eyes EAmorr was beating on my chest, large tears ran down her face. I was still hurt, but I lifted my right hand to her face. Retracting the warframe from my hand which was still red with blood, I touched her smooth face with my bare fingers, wiping away her tears. She looked me in eye still speechless, I sat up so that I was at eye level. "I will not leave like that" my voice was firm. Once I had gotten to my feet came the the realization that halcyon was with us again. Almost ignoring that fact I began to dig in the wreckage of what was a Grineer drop ship. I found some supplies that might be useful, Grineer MREs, spare grakatas and ammunition, and desert cloaks which we could use to camouflage ourselves in the vast desert of mars. "Lotus? I am in need of extraction." My voice still shook, but your would to if you had just been dead. "An extraction team is available, but there are in a secret Grineer laboratory picking up some artifacts, I have sent you there location, find them and go home" said the lotus.

"Thank you lotus" I replied before looking over a dune to the long journey ahead.

'Dont frighten me like that.' EAmorr spoke through her mind, she didnt trust her voice yet. She still hadn't quite pulled herself together and she was trying to stop her tears.

"you're still hurt, i should have worn my trinity armor then none of this would have happened. I could have prevented it." Her tone was full of emotion, in the back of her mind she knew she shouldn't blame herself but she couldn't help but feel like she could have done something. She turned to the frost prime 'thank you for trying to save him, i know you two dont exactly get along but he means everthing to me.' she sent the message to his mind and nodded in thanks.

Edited by AutobotRaven

Halcyon nodded, getting the message as his Warframe withered, it's armor shrinking down as a result of his expenditures. He grimaced.

"Nano?"

"You said give everything sir. I am even low on power." Nano responded, practically shrugging. Halcyon shrugged too, slipping Mano into the compartment under his Deadalus shoulder plate. He looked around, then up, seeing the remainder of the ship he'd been on smash to the surface of the planet in pieces. It'd had no shields. Not designed to go anywhere near a planet. This one only saved by sheer luck. He tapped his shoulder that didn't have Nano in it, summoning his void compartment where he kept his equipment. He withdrew a Health as Energy plate, along with a ball of matter. He dropped the plates to the ground to help him, and tossed the ball to the door of the small escape craft. It exploded into a specter, of him. A cosmic specter of sorts, it would die quickly, it's life literally timed in minutes, but would protect them until Halcyon was to full health and his shields at least slightly recharged. He fell to a knee, then sitting against the inside wall if the craft. Not sleeping, but only slightly conscious.

"I told you you would be vulnerable. You are now at the mercy of anything coming by." Nano worried, and Halcyon shrugged.

"Contact Natalia, tell her where we are."

"The energy required would kill you from this distance."

"Blurgh." Halcyon grumbled. His armor rejuvenating as he waited. His shields ticked up to four. And his health, helped by his Rejuvenation aura and health plate, got up to around four hundred. He dropped another plate, still waiting. His energy full at 150, there had had to be cuts in perfection somewhere, and while his energy amount took a hit, his energy efficiency was at max.

"The sun will set in an hour, we don't have time to sit here in the sand we need to start moving toward the extraction team." My voice sounded as I had forgotten what was happening. "We need to gain some distance between us and this wreck, dune kubrows will be attracted to the crash they could easily over power us. I find some desert cloaks we all need to wear these until we get to the extraction team." My word were swift. We began to move away from the crash site carrying all we could. As the sun sank below the far edge of the wasteland the sound of drums began to pound in my ears again...

Trying not to show any emotion, as she took the cloak in her stiff fingers she couldn't help but keep replaying the scene that had unfolded. She kept running scenarios in her head on how she could have prevented her loved one from nearly going into the arms of the dead. 'He did die, what if he didn't come back?' the thought entered her mind and she nearly started crying again, she was glad the hood and her helmet masked her face. She knew that Remsellis could sense that she was troubled the two had a link in that way, she knew that he wanted to talk to her in private but with the other tenno around speaking together would be difficult.

The three of them had fallen into step with each other, the only sounds were their feet hitting the sand and their cloaks in the wind. 

(yes its Remsellis, with the s at the end)

Edited by AutobotRaven

(Thanks, I'll fix the times I messed up.)

Halcyon looked at the Nekros, puzzling out his fellow tenno's aggression. Halcyon had done barely anything to anger him, yet somehow incited intense anger or annoyance with any gesture. He added up the factors. Mulitplying reasons and exponents in his mind, before almost slapping himself over the head with a profound sense of failure. Remsellis wasn't mad at him because of what he wasn't interrupting, he was mad because of what Halcyon was interrupting. He looked at the female tenno. Realizing they had some connection other than simply being on the same mission as Halcyon was normally thrown into relationships with other tenno.

"Hey! Fearless leader! where we going?" Halcyon called, not really specifying which of the two he was talking to.

"A grineer outpost, there is a group already there on a mission, we will extract with them" Her voice was quiet as she walked alongside both Remsellis and Halcyon. She had sensed the frosts thoughts before he had voiced his question, 'Was it the whole me screaming i love you at him while he lay dead in my arms that tipped you off to us being together?' she sent to the frost, the way she asked the question it was clear that she had a a smile on her face

'Uh, yep, it was that.' He thought, wondering whether or not the Nyx heard him. He looked around, seeing a tall sand dune, noting their fiection and his shields.

"I'm gonna head up that dune and get a birds eye view alright? I'll catch up when it's safe." He said, grabbing his Vectis and walking up the side of the dune. Not waiting for a response, and ignoring any that were made.

The sun had set and as the twin moons rose over the still hot sand. We had managed to find a cliff like rock formation before it got dark the shelter it provided was much needed and it covered us from two side (facing in rock to the left,sand/dune on the right and from above of course) the surrounding dunes almost made a wall around us. The night was eerily quiet save for the howl of dune kubrows, and rajum'ni (think large vulture with four wings and instead of a normal bird body it's like an insect carapace with feathers sticking out every where.) once I had a fire going we all sat down on a dead tree and forced ourselves to eat the Grineer field rations. "This looks like red dirt mixed with the ashes of a fallum tree. And this,opening another small bag,looks like a half eaten corpse that not even a Ceres rat would eat." I said with a scowl. It didn't taste as bad as it was expected to, but sickening all the same.

Something we had taken from the ship was some of the smaller pads on the chairs, and these made adequate beds. Almost reluctantly I opened my mouth,"halcyon, I believe we began our partnership on the wrong leg... Tell me a little bit about yourself and what you remember." Not knowing what to expect him to say I braced myself.

(Keep in mind this is canon to warframe, not some weird AU thx)

Halcyon sat, grumbling about demon birds. He looked up when Remsellis asked his question, and shrugged

"Like most tenno, I was created by the Orokin for an explicit purpose. Winning. However, probably unlike the majority of the tenno, I remember it, I never went to sleep. My name means tranquility, as it has for the last thousand years, and I've had thousands of names before this. When we were created, te primes, they knew we were, unique, we embodied everything perfectly, our personalities tuned to the strange working of the void in castral ways. I was apparently destined for Frost Prime, as I am unable to use any other warframe. They categorized me as Phased before we killed them." Halcyon said, turning his palms up to reveal that the thermostats on the undersides of his forearms glowed with a range of pale blue lights. "My cellular reproduction rate has been increased dramatically. Any decaying DNA is weeded out of existence almost like magic. I am, unless killed or diseased, immortal. I will, of course, go insane at some point in the future, but until then, I enjoy it while I can. I hope you understand it's a very serious matter when I nearly give my life for some one. And while it may seem like it, my every action is not on the whimsy of some insane child. I carry a multitude of AI on me for almsot no reason other than how helpful they are, you will most likely never talk to them, however. But to answer your question, I am Halcyon, and I am eternal."

I lay in front I the fire confused. I started to pull on my mortos wrapping it around my arm, it was what I did when I thought. Watching the the small fire fade I asked again "I would imagine you get lonely,halcyon shrugged, watching people you knew die must get depressing."

"Do you have any family?" I looked over at EAmor as she slept, "someone like she is to me?" I reached over and lightly stroked her face, she twitched then there was a faint smile. I looked back to halcyon. "What is a body without is mind?" I asked referring to our warframes and how reliant we are on each other.

Remsellis's touch automatically soothed her, she wasn't used to sleeping in her warframe. When his hand retracted from her face she snuggled closer to him seeking his warmth as the fire dimmed, she was cold even in her warframe and cloak. Her hair was already starting to become tangled as she lay sleeping by Remsellis's side.

Halcyon looked down,

"There is one, but I don't think I can eer put her through this, watching herself age and die, leaving me behind. She is utterly devoted, and she's cracking my resolve. But You have something I can never have, never, not in an immortals life time. You have each other, you can know that other, you can know that one day both of you will die, peacefully, if you're lucky, I will always survive, it's probable that chopping my head off won't be enough to do it even. So, I watch her go by, I hope I'm going to be able to watch her move on. Now, I don't know what's happened to her, if my teleportation from this end was so violent, I can only hope that my ship is intact, a body without a mind can be many things, it can be a Martyr, a cause, what you two have is much greater than a mind, two souls unified, you rely on each other as you said, and have something more. Together, you have a spirit, while I am just an empty shell, void of a soul, I am less, I am simply a body with a mind. Descendants of the primes have souls, but I was fabricated, I wasn't created, I might as well have been built. I have no memory of being a child, because I never was one. I emerged from the concepts of the Orokin as an adult, already interjected with weapon mastery, all I needed was a personality. I eventually displayed one, and I now wear it over my skin as a shield." He ended softly.

Unaware EAmorr was still awake I continued my conversation with halcyon, "Everything I've done over the past year I can remember clearly, but anything beyond that is just still pictures and sounds. Many of the things I see, and hear are not worst experiences I've had but they still haunt my greatly. Truly at this point I don't want to know any of the secrets of the orokin you my know, I don't think anyone should! we just aren't ready to remember." Halcyon looked at me and nodded with approval.

"Something that I fear is that we are the last generation of Tenno." My tone were severe, as I spoke a great wind blew and snuffed out the flame. "We are like the fire, I explained, we are strong and we burn those who would stand against us but if we dwindle in number our enemies will put us out."

Halcyon understood Remsellis' sentiment,

"Tenno were created with the required chromosomes to breed on our own, if enough of us stop fighting for a while in order to find love, the tenno race should continue, the only problem with these offspring is what warframes they would use, depending on how they are born and raised, they could use a multitude of warframes, it's too much guess work, we aren't able to synthesize perfect personality tenno like the Orokin were able to. As for any Orokin secrets I may know, they told me nothing, taught me not a single word of their language, everything I know I had to take from them, and I will not force their atrocities on anyone else. You are correct, tenno are like the fire, but in our own way, each of us are also like the absence of it, dark, and in my case, cold." He said as the fire went out,

"Delta, lights," he said, and the AI affirmed, rendering his shields onto the visible light spectrum, it cast a shining blue light in the cave, emanating from Halcyon like a lightbulb, "Not all of them," he corrected his AI, and the light detensified a little.