Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breech (Open)

AutobotRaven

"Why are you so hostile towards every tenno that shows up?" EAmorr whispered as she was tending the cuts that Remsellis had received, not all of them had fully healed and without her trinity she couldn't close the wounds instantly.

She waited for his response as she headed over to the volt. "Other than falling from the sky, are you hurt? Broken bones, lacerations, internal bleeding, or anything?" She spoke with an almost motherly tone as she rocked back and forth on her feet.   

Halcyon looked at the varied reactions, debating freezing Remsellis' mouth shut so that the volt could get some peace, he decided against it and answered EAmorr,

"Preliminary scans indicate that he has no major damage, but we can't tell whether he's got any cuts and scratches with his warframe still on." He said, a beep sounding off as his shields reached full capacity, cut down from 1400 to 1054 by his expenditures to save Remsellis earlier.

"I see" she spoke with a tone of thought in her voice before she rumaged through one of the stolen grineer containers and found few medical supplies. "whats your name?" she asked the volt as her motherly tone came back into her voice. As she worked on looking for injuries on the newommer she could feel a set of eyes burning holes in her back, she could feel anger rising from Remsellis and hopped he could calm himself enough to work with the other two tenno, after all they were tenno just as he was.

I stood back and looked at Kane. My question stood unanswered. I did not know why he was here or even what kind of transport that he had arrived in. Questions piled up on each other. I didn't have time to ponder, three Grineer scout ships buzzed overhead. "Time's up we leave now.." I said this as an order not a suggestion. One of the scout ships landed outside the settlement, I drew my akmagnus and gave the order to send a medical team along with extraction. "The excavation team needs to get ready to leave."my word was law.

Halcyon smiled, he never did well with laws, He raised his Vectis, firing a shot into the ships engines, having reloaded a moment earlier, the bullet expanded, widening to punch a hole straight through that ships engine, grounding it, permanently, he slashed forward with his Dual Zorens, landing on the ship and carving a hole in it. He punched the hole inward, then grabbing his Dex Furis and spraying their clips into the ship.

An alarm resounded through the compound, I clinch my teeth, what part of follow my lead does he not get. Within minutes Grineer troop transports were landing all around the dig site.

I closed my eyes.

I cleared my mind.

I opened my eyes.

Grineer with arid gear moved toward me in seemingly slow motion. I pulled the triggers of my magni, and watched one after another body fall to the dusty brick walkway and create pools of red around themselves.

Time regained normality, the sound of grakata and hind fire rang in my ears as I hid beneath a fallen column. Shards of stone and metal rained down on me as I reloaded. I looked up to see the Tenno recovery team had joined the fight, their weapons were mostly silent versions of other well known models. (silent lato, silent latron, silent burston, etc) I stood back up, using the column as cover, drew my latron and opened fire.

Body after body, soul after soul. The onslaught of Grineer would not stop. "They are coming from all sides! Recovery team cover the left pass! Any that can be spared either open that vault or send it back to the void... Permeantly" my orders were carried out without question.

What appeared to be a break in Grineer forces was only false hope, from the dust came the most elite of all Grineer marines, commandos.

Halcyon stood atop the ship, opening up a void locker retrieving a small egg like thing, and tossed it into the air, where it floated steadily, blue stripes appearing on it's sides as it began to levitate. Halcyon reloaded as he jumped off the ship,

"Omega? You know what to do." He said, bringing up the machine gun pistols and firing into the approaching enemy. Any bullets that would've missed were brought around by the levitating object and back into enemies, practically indestructible, nothing but a fomorian core melting down could destroy it. Omega, one of Halcyon's numerous AI, remained inside the floating object, using a superconductive electro magnet to move the bullets. As the enemy thinned out, Omega was able to focus more, bringing the bullets around for a pretty constant stream of headshots in the remaining soldiers. He stopped next to Remsellis,

"What can these do? I don't want to try to kill them all with one shot unless I know they won't switch teleport with you, dropping you in my line of fire. So spill it, what's special about these nubs?"

He waited a few seconds for Remellis to answer, then shrugged and walked forward, towards the commandos, He studied them as he went, drawing his Dual Zoren and slashing forward, chopping the legs out from under one as he got close, rolling underneath the leg less grineer and driving both Zorens through its skull. He Zorencoptered back afterwards, landing next to Remsellis.

"Not all that hard to kill, noted." He said, laughing to himself. Then Alpha interrupted him,

"Don't do that again sir, it'll take me a few seconds to heal you now, but it may take a couple minutes later on." Alpha said, and brought up Halcyon's health and shields, indicating that something had some how eaten through his shields and slightly damaged his health.

"Well that's interesting, Iota? What's the deal with this?" He asked, indicating his shields,

"Hm? Oh, I thought Omega had it covered, in the past whenever he's been around you never lost shields," Iota responded, getting to work restoring Halcyon's shields. Halcyon placed one of his shield plates on the ground, sitting as it restored his shields, he looked at Remsellis as all of two of his health needed healing,

"Since you're "built like a rhino" you wanna go take all those guys out? They were pretty laughable to me, so you should do fine." He said, watching his shields jump up to five hundred.

Edited by ultimatumcore

EAmorr had rushed into a large group and used her absorb, she quietly monitored the damage she would have taken as it quickly climbed into the thousands. As the amount of damage reached five thousand she released all of it into a radial discharge killing a very large group that had surrounded her. Casting chaos she simply walked over to where Remsellis was taking cover. "The ones that dont get killed from each other are all yours" behind her helmet she winked, momentarily forgetting that her helmet hid her facial expression.

She turned towards Halcyon "what was that egg thing that you were using?" She was highly intrigued and wanted to take it back with her to study, although she figured that Remsellis would take on the project before she even got the chance. 

"I call it a redirector, One of my AI can use it to bring bullets around with a magnet, I got the technological inspiration from Mag's bullet attractor, which it casts on itself, weakening and strengthening it to aim." Halcyon responded, checking on Omega,

"I'm under fire, operator,"

"You know you can redirect their bullets as well right?"

"That did not actually occur to me," Omega responded, gathering the bullets fired and slinging them around like a spear to shish kebab nearby grineer. Halcyon looked back at EAmorr,

"It could probably be used to throw grineer around, but I'm unable to make a mobile form with enough of a power source to do so." He said, calling the redirector back and holding it out to EAmorr, also recalling Omega as it shut off. "It runs off energy from my shields, so I have to be holding it to recharge it. The power stripes going up and down it's sides indicate how much power it has left." He explained, indicating the nearly depleted stripe as he held it out to her.

"you know you should really leave playing with magnetics to a mag user, that kind of stuff is like breathing or walking to them." Her eyes widened as she finished her sentence "I don't mean to insult your AI by that." She spoke quickly and nervously, she didn't mean to belittle the frost's AI. "But using the powers of other warframes is very dangerous, especially if the lotus were to find out about it." She had started pacing as she was talking, it almost seemed as if she were thinking out loud of talking to herself.   

Halcyon shrugged,

"That would be a problem, if she hadn't reviewed them herself and deigned them necessary once the grineer started attempting to produce Fomorians, I'm more a beta tester in her eyes, but it's not like I intend to give her what's mine once her "beta" runs out," He said, his shields draining slowly as the redirector recharged. It got to 90% battery life in a few secs, sucking up more shields like fuel, leaving Halcyon from maxed down to around 854, his shields rising as Theta got back to work recharging his shields.

"No, something isn't right. Lotus would never allow prototype equipment to be taken." EAmorr paced back and forth eyeing the frost warily. "She would never let this type of equipment be tested in the field, there would be far too many risks to that." Her helmet had retracted and she was twisting a section of her hair tightly. Her mind was thinking so fast that she was sending out a mental assault on her teammates, she quieted her signal and continued pacing. "Mixing the powers of the warframes was nearly treason, something bad was going to happen she could feel it   

"Chill out, if it makes you feel any better I sort of am at fault, I originally designed it to merely send out magnetic impulses, I, made its targeting more specific, that's it, also, it shouldn't've been being tested in the field, I'll grant you that, but I didn't exactly volunteer to be here did I?" Halcyon said, dropping the redirector back into it's slot in his void locker. "Besides, I didn't take it, I made the specs and built it myself, I sent them to her before building it and she responded almost immediately, wary, but way less than you are, but seeing it as a necessity," He explained, digging around in the locker to take out a grenade like object, pin and all, he pulled the pin, stepping back a little to haul back and hurl it into the midst of the remaining grineer commandos. It landed, sitting for a second and then exploding into a large puddle, which the commandos promptly started drowning in.

"Built that one myself too, cool huh? It works a lot like undertow." He said, attempting to placate the Nyx after developing a splitting headache.

"Oh gods, Remsellis help me get him inside! We need to stop the bleeding, retract his helmet and get me a compress NOW!" EAmorr rushed to the fallen volt and began to retract his helmet and apply pressure to his sudden bleeding." The others just stared at her as she began dragging the unconscious tenno back into the cave. "Well don't just stand there, MOVE!" The bleeding slowed as she continued to apply pressure near the burst wound.

"Its alright, you're going to be alright, its all going to be alright" she was talking quietly and quickly but it sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more than anything. She had shed the upper portion of her warframe and was holding the injured tenno's head in her lap as she began to clean out the wound with water that had melted from ice balls that the frost had formed.

"I got this!" Halcyon called, grabbing a blessing module from his Void locker and walking over, placing it on the volt and activating it. It started up, and should've healed him, but nothing seemed to happen, and he rolled his eyes, doing what EAmorr said and dragging the volt into the cave.

"I need bandages and more water!" Her voice made it clear that she was in charge, when it came to medical emergencies at least.

As the bleeding slowed enough for her to wrap the unconscious tenno's head she began to hum an ancient Orokin tune that she had managed to remember from before the sleep. When her nerves were finally calm enough she began to speak "How were you able to kill those commandos so easily, they are nearly as strong as the individual members of the G3?" she asked with high suspicion, her voice was losing her motherly touch and was once again regaining the wary tone. "You really should stop mixing the powers of warframes, its unnatural. The only tenno that has ever done that turned against us and he hunts us as if we were animals." She looked at the ground as she sealed the bandages with some medical tape that she had found earlier, her voice was suddenly sad as she remembered the fallen tenno.

(Ooc: Halcyon is somewhat over powered, even for a prime think you could tone it down?) 

(Ooc: Halcyon is somewhat over powered, even for a prime think you could tone it down?)

((Fire seriously messes him up, so get some napalms in there and his shields are gone, after that, he has minute armor, so... Also, I'm pretty sure he killed only one commando before having to retreat, the rest of them slammed all the way through his shields, and EAmorr went and killed most of them, I don't know how overpowered he seems when EAmorr is doing stuff like that.))

Halcyon shrugged, drawing his Dual Zorens,

"I've had these since I was made, the orokin asked me to build a weapon of my choice, so I did, I've kept these for eons, they are older than your great grandfather's great grandfather would have been, inifinitely so, actually, and after a while of constantly using the same thing..." He ended openly, channeling into his weapons to display their strange channel streams, they glowed sky blue, all of them, leaving a searing afterimage in the air behind them. He touched one to a wall of a cave, where it embedded itself, stuck there once he stopped channeling. He ripped it out, taking part of the wall with it and got some water for EAmorr, lost so as to where he could find bandages.

(Here's the deal We are tired of your childish demeanor, ultimatumcore, and "I can kill anything" attitude. Ifyou are going to continue to be like that please leave this post by simply saying "and I got my brains blow out" other wise please keep a respectable Tenno attitude. No more of this "comical" "noobs" or "you alive or not". This is a serious RP. Lastly, you can't be able to kill everything with one-shot. [grineer commandos were made for the for the sole purpose of killing Tenno, most of their guns do magnetic damage ad we all know what that means for our shields and abilities.] with that being said...)

Another drop ship loomed over head, dropping jet bikes and more commandos. "That vault has an emergency return to void jump...." I thought out loud. The recovery team looked at me "yes it does, but that is a one way trip if we lock ourselves inside we will be lost in the void!" The recovery vauban proclaimed. "I never said we go into the vault." I paused as I reloaded my latron "we create the breech effect outside of the void and we reduce this settlement into a glowing glass crater!" As I revealed my plan the jet bikes drew closer. "We can use the jet bikes to get out of here." Another recovery Tenno suggested. "Anything that is in that vault will be unmade, if you want what is within.... I hope you already have it." My voice was calm and firm as I gave the order to pack the excavation equipment. The bikes were right on top of us and so were Grineer reinforcements. The commandos kratuga rifles cracked the air and polarized my shields. I raised my aegis for defense but I can feel the force of the bullets pushing me.

I can't hold out like this forever.

((Sorry, that's just the way Halcyon is, besides, you dropped in some random new guys, not explaining what they could do, not explaining how they could be killed or how good they were, he didn't kill it with one shot, if you remember in pretty sure he emptied two or so clips until the redirector started killing stuff, he killed one, nearly died, I don't see how that's "overpowered" or with the attitude of "I can kill everything" he's very mortal, but you have to actually explain what happens, as for a "childish demeanor" I'm afraid I'm utterly lost on how to respond to that with your character yelling at mine for thoughts he had. Halcyon will get more serious as long as you keep from throwing your character right in the line of fire.))

Halcyon placed a snow globe around himself, and incidentally around Remsellis, who was nearby.

"There you go, you can shoot back at them now or something, I guess," He shrugged, pulling out his Vectis and taking aim.

EAmorr was torn on whether she should stay with the injured volt or go outside and help, on one hand if she left the hurt tenno's condition could worsen and he could possibly die. On the other hand if she stayed, the two outside could get overrun and killed and that was something she didn't need to have gnawing at her. She quickly uploaded the vital signs of the volt onto her HUD before she propped him up into a sitting position and rushing to the mouth of the cave with her gorgon.

She took note of the enemies, more commandos and a lot of foot solders, she invaded the mind of the heavy gunner commando and rushed to a position that offered better cover. She noticed Remsellis with his shield raised, which was partially protecting him but it wasn't enough, she launched into a sprint before flipping in front of him and casting her absorb ability. She turned her head towards her beloved nekros "get to cover i'll follow when you are safe" She waited until he was behind a collapsed wall before releasing the damage she would have taken. She had killed a small majority of the foot solders but she had only knocked down a couple of the commandos. She dived toward the cover that was hiding Remsellis "Are you hurt?" She asked the question with concern and her voice had that motherly hint again.     

"Only my shields have been polarized, my energy is still full" I said looking at her in a way as if we knew each other's plan. As I summoned the dead, EAmorr scrambled the minds of the living, unleashing complete chaos. Fire was being drawn away from us, but it would not last long, we did not need it to last long. The recover team had just sabotaging the return jump. "We need to get out of here if we want to live. Quickly! Get the jet bikes!" My voice was shaken. "Get Kane onto EAmorr's jet bike!" I helped the recovery ember place Kane on EAmorr's jet bike, I put a grakata and some ammunition in one of the side pouches of the jet bike for Kane to use once he came back to us, I also quickly looked at his injuries and did what I could.

The recovery team had their own transport, as if a hybrid of Tenno craftsmanship, and a small team transport (like a car) it lifted itself off the ground as the rest of us mounted our jet bikes.

The vault began to hum

Then it began to glow

"We dare not stay to see what happens next!!" The Excalibur called to me. I nodded and my jet bike shot forward like lightning into the darkening Martian landscape.

We stopped on a hill top at a safe distance from the ruined city to regain our strength, we looked back on the settlement, then in a fraction of a second and a flash of light the ruins were no more.