Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breech (Open)

AutobotRaven

EAmorr shivered in the cold, and her eyes blinked awake. With a small amount of effort she pushed herself into a sitting position. She couldnt sleep, not after what had happened earlier. She still saw the images in her  mind, and as a nyx the images were clear and powerful. With a heavy sigh she ran her fingers through her hair, she began to twirl a small section between her fingers, she always did this when she was troubled or thinking. She wanted to shake the vivid scene playing in her head over and over, but they persisted every time she tried to smother them. 

The sun rose red over the red hills, my cold eyes looked over the dark horizon. I jumped back down into the cave and woke the others that had been sleeping. "The road ahead is long we must get moving as soon as possible." Looking down on EAmorr I could see where she had bound a rib I looked away as she put the top half of her nyx back on like a jacket over her skin-tight nano suit she had not told me that she had been hurt.

After many hours of trudging trough the hot sand the Grineer settlement was in sight. The sun was at its apex when we got to the Grineer outpost, no sound could be heard. Half buried Grineer skeletons littered the sand. We came upon a Grineer forward command center, shells of Grineer lay on the panels and screens. The sound of sand shifting made me turn like the wind, behind us stood a recovery class Excalibur (lighter armor, great choice for lone Tenno operatives) he spoke smoothly " the lotus said you would be coming this way... Follow me"

Halcyon followed the Excalibur,

"I never understood recovery class warframes, why would you go for lighter armor if you're going on your own? If anything, I'd want to be more tanky if I didn't have anyone watching my back. And as for using stealth as an alternative, you will eventually got caught, end when you do, it won't be pretty." He said, making conversation and checking his shields. Still somewhere around 700, they'd almost gotten to half their normal amounts.

The recovery Excalibur only looked back one as he led us to a large Grineer dig site which had recently come under the management of a special Tenno recovery team, the hand of the lotus, clad in purple recovery class warframe a they worked almost silently digging up what the Grineer where after. It was an orokin vault... "The air in that chamber is highly toxic,no one goes in until we can siphon the air out." The Excalibur said to his team, then turning back to me and my squad. "This was part of a large orokin ship, I presume that this load was too heavy to carry once they tried to escape." The Excalibur said Quite decidedly. "Escape?" I should not have spoken but the Excalibur excused me. "Yes we found wreckage near the outer layers of Saturn that match the void residue on this vault. They got away but they didn't get far. We think it was internal infestation or an infested that could attack from the ground we don't know. Oh! lisets will arrive tomorrow to take you home, the skies aren't safe at this hour so you must her one more night." He Excalibur turned and continued his mission.

I walked around the ruins looking for anything I could take home as a "trophy" but all I could find was the usual, bones, armor(full of bones), and lockers. No true "treasures" until I found another Grineer command cave, the computers were all still active, I couldn't believe my luck. Grabbing a memory drive from a Grineer techs armor I hacked the computer and began the transfer of all of there plans.

"You never rest, do you?" EAmorr leaned against the wall in the door way shaking her head. "You're always working, always researching something or downloading data, you do need rest." She had moved away from the door way and was now standing behind Remsellis. She lightly put a hand on his shoulder and gave a small sigh.

I put my hands on her waist, "I must continue working... I must bring balance. I must keep you safe. But if you wish me to rest..." Our faces almost touched, something wasn't right I could see it in her body language and in her eyes. "Are you alright?" My voice carried a tone of passion and care. Before EAmorr could answer, the Grineer computer made a sort of grunt. I went back to the panel to take that which I had stole, then turned back to EAmorr. "As you were." Trying to get some information out of her about how she was feeling and what she thought..

"No" she spoke quietly "I'm not alright." She stared at the ground and images began to surge from her mind and into Remsellis's. He could sense her feelings that she was keeping bottled up, anger, guilt, fear, and loneliness. He could see how she had been running scenario after scenario on how she could have prevented him from getting hurt. She buried her face into his chest and held him tightly.

Edited by AutobotRaven

I put my arms around EAmorr and whispered "I suppose we have each others backs then.." The seconds felt like hours as we sat in this secret hiding place. "We should get some rest, we have had a few stressful days." The tone of my voice wanted nothing to do with sleep and EAmorr knew that.

After being gone for nearly two hours, we rejoined the others after hearing what sounded like the chimera.

As I had feared the aberration of metal had survived and now stood in front of us...

"That is years of Grineer research, and the only other survivor of the crash." I was astonished. The chimera took minimal damage and now stalked back and forth in front of me. Two small panels on the back opened and miniature machine gun/rocket pods popped up.

No time to think, it opened fire a hail fire of bullets followed buy swarm rockets. We dodged as quickly as possible, now it is angry. Turning its guns in all directions it shot forth a stream of bullets that cut down the rock I had hidden behind. The wings unfurled and it rose into the air revealing it larger weapons.

Ricocheting bullets. Roaring guns.

I look up and this time I see a weak spot, I draw my latron, aim into the left wings turbine, and pull the trigger.

PINUK!

With one shot I break the wing apart, and bring the chimera to the ground. The chimera wasn't pleased by this, the guns on its back continued to fire until it's guns ran dry. Now I would be forced to fight us hand to hand.

(Side note: the chimeras claws are really friggin sharp, and at the end of its tail is something similar to the head on an amphis.)

Halcyon nearly laughed as the bullets from the beast sprayed around him.

"Iota? How long can you keep this up?"

"Relatively, sir, remember your shields are hal-hal-halved, and those around you aren't as r-resilient." Iota responded, glitching slightly under the strain of directing bullets in real time and talking simultaneously.

"Hang in there, Nano? find me a weak spot." He said, placing a snow globe around him to take strain off Iota.

"Will do," Nano said, highlighting spots on Halcyon's UI as he brought out his Vectis.

The chimera pounced it's razor sharp claws reached out for halcyon. He puller the trigger, the bullet sunk into its armor doing damage to the heavy front plate. The metal monstrosity continued to fall through the air. Before the chimera could reach out and cut out halcyons heart, I lunged in its path. I could feel the claws cut into my flesh just as I sliced the beast in two with my silva.

The two pieces landed on either side of me, streams of blood trailed down my left side and arm.

Halcyon stepped forward, rage in his eyes as he deactivated his helmet.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?!? Are you trying to die? Why the actual F*** didn't you let it into the snowglobe. I could've simply frozen it in place and shattered it at leisure! And did you not notice the F*** tons of shields I have? Did you simply forget that I was deflecting it's bullets like nothing?" He growled, stepping forward and gritting his teeth as he looked at the damage done.

Kane awoke to the sound of falling. He was in some sort of transparent pod, entering the atmosphere above a grineer settlement below. Ship debris fell around him, sheathed by red light from friction with the air. He tugged on his restraints as the heat grew, his Volt frame discharging at random. He silently screamed as he plummeted towards the settlement, unaware of the battle happening within said settlement.

Halcyon looked up as he heard something screaming towards them from above.

"Well S#&$." He growled, cooling the pod as it approached, smashing into the ground nearby in an explosion of sand and rock. Halcyon was thrown, and slid on the floor away, gliding on his shields with Iota carrying him.

"If this is the thanks I get for saving his life I should've let that thing kill him" I mumbled under my breath. I wanted nothing to do with more attackers, so I swiftly sprinted back to the dig site.

The sun was lower in the sky and the small moons slowly rose into view. My wounds healed quickly due to my rejuvenation aura. Still deep inside I felt betrayed by halcyon, all I had tried to do was save him, clearly he didn't know what I now know about the chimera prototype. It will resist any to nearly all warframe abilities and on top of that it's claws cancel out shields. He would have been dead. I tried to not dwell on the thought of him yelling at me, it wasn't his place to yell... I will excuse him of that charge... For now.

Halcyon crouched, placing a Health Plate on the floor nearby and asking the Volt,

"Hey, how bad do you feel on a scale of one to ten? Ten being there's fire in your veins and sand in your throat, one being immortal."

Edited by ultimatumcore

"Welp, sucks to be you. Would you rather I put you out of your misery?" He joked, setting Omega to get him an analysis on how badly the Volt was hurt.

"His nerve endings are singed, but it looks like his pod saved him from the most of the damage." Omega said after a moment, Halcyon looked down at the Volt,

"Hear that? You're fine, so quit whining, get up, and let's get some food in you." Halcyon said, throwing the Volt's arm over his shoulder and helping him head to the cave.

I looked up and saw halcyon return with the volt,"what's this? Another one!" My tone suggested sarcastic excitement. I stood up and looked at the new comer. "So what is you excuse for infringing on a sacred mission." My words shot forth from my lips, not interested in hearing anymore nimshïe from anyone.

"Pffft. No mission is sacred, as it usually involves killing." Halcyon responded, setting the volt down to get him some food and drink.

"You just wake up? Or did you wake up earlier and have someone stuff you back in that pod?" Halcyon asked, handing the Voot some stew made. By the recovery team.