Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tek: Grineer/tenno Hybrid Frame

Syncrasis

tumblr_nchcxhAXqD1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Tek

Grineer-Tenno hybrid whose arsenal has been augmented by Grineer firepower

1 - Trap: Tek releases an energy net similar to the G3 in a cone area in front of him, where enemy units are held down and cannot attack for 2/4/7/15 seconds. Size of cone is 2/4/6/8 meters.

2 - Oil Slick: Spreads oil trailing behind Tek. Can be used while moving to create lines and arcs on the ground. Enemy units coming in contact will immediately be knocked down, but will recover. Fire and items with fire proc light it, creating an environment hazard. Can be lit by allies or enemies. Toggle ability with limited supply of oil, with more available according to ability rank.

3 - Drone: Tek deploys a small, inflatable regulator. Has a debuff effect on enemies and an attack buff on allies. The unit itself stays in place. Can be destroyed. One unit per map. Radius of effect is 5/10/20/30 meters.

4 - Missile Barrage: Tek rises in the air for a short time and 1/2/3/4 bursts of homing missiles that cause heavy blast damage are ejected from Hellion-like pods on his back.

Powers are a WIP, if you have any better ideas or changes, please post them! I am new at this and bow to your wisdom, forum friends.

I will update the powers as suggestions filter through. Thank you! :D

Edited by Syncrasis
  • Like 2

doesn't mirage look a bit grineer?

What is the point of your comment? Did you even look at the drawing? Or the powers? DID YOU READ THE TOPIC'S TITLE? Or you just wanted to leave a comment no matter what?

Abilities only working against a specific faction? No. Abilities that have penalties for usage? No.

You have Valkyr on your user-picture but forgot about her Paralysis.

Edited by Inkary

What is the point of your comment? Did you even look at the drawing? Or the powers? DID YOU READ THE TOPIC'S TITLE? Or you just wanted to leave a comment no matter what?

You have Valkyr on your user-picture but forgot about her Paralysis.

Paralysis actually uses her shields to have more damage. She relies on her high armor and health instead.

Thanks for all your feedback! A lot of these powers were placeholders lol you all caught me

Will update my first post with these amended powers.

1 - Trap: Tek releases an energy net similar to the G3 onto a maximum of 2/4/6 enemies, where they are held down and cannot attack for 3/6/9 seconds. (Suggestions for stats?)

2 - Oil Slick: Spreads oil trailing behind Tek. Enemy units coming in contact will immediately be knocked down and struggle to get back up, comically. Fire lights it, creating an environment hazard. Can be lit by friendlies or enemies. (Ember and Tek best friends)

3 - Hijack: Sends a mechanical screech through Grineer com lines and scrambles mechanical proxy command codes. Has a panic effect on Grineer and a hack effect on Corpus proxies. (should this screech through Corpus com too? I thought maybe that particular aspect of the power would work better on Grineer since he's sort of ex-Grineer and has secret codes but then again, with hacking... gosh)

4 - (Some sort of nuke power? Toxic gas? Chemicals? Calling down an army of rollers?? I'd like it to be something Grineer-y.) 

idk, maybe 3 could be 4 and bring back the original first power (laying arc traps)?

Edited by Syncrasis

ability ideas (based mian around blast dmg)

1 missile

fires a missile dealing Aoe blast dmg.

lvl and mods increases range and dmg

2. napalm

throws several mines that a proximity activated that deal blast dmg with high corrosive and fire proc chance.

lvl and mods increase range dmg and duration

3. hellzone grenade

throws two grenades that when explode dealing blast dmg and splitting into several mini-genades that also deal blast dmg.

lvl increases dmg and mini-grenades, mods increase dmg.

4. nuke!!!

fires a clean nuke, that explodes on contact dealing high blast and radiation AoE dmg with high proc.

lvl and mods increase dmg and range

Edited by ukovalian

1 missile

2. napalm

throws several mines that a proximity activated that deal blast dmg with high corrosive and fire proc chance corrosive and fire.

3. hellzone grenade

throws two grenades that when explode dealing blast dmg and splitting into several mini-genades that also deal blast dmg.

4. nuke!!!

fires a clean nuke, that explodes on contact dealing high blast and radiation AoE dmg with high proc.

+1

Mh, Grineer love their Regulators. Maybe a power that deploys 2/4/6 (or something around these numbers) Regulators in random places in a set radius. Or maybe one regulator at a press of the button, maximum number per map is set by the ability's rank. They don't disappear after a set time, but can be destroyed by foes.

They give the same buffs to the Tenno and their companions as the buffs that Grineer get from their own regulators (increased damage and speed). They also debuff the enemies. Maybe decreased fire rate/ stun/ decreased armor/ decreased damage. Something like that. Might be fun in the defense missions- you keep your regulator alive and it gives you a nice buff in return.

It emits the voice of Lotus singing La Marseillaise Valkyr's roar soft static noises?

Sounds really awesome (and that art is amazing), though as for powers:

3 Would it have no effect on infested? Probably should do something since theyre made out of Grineer and Corpus.

4 If something grineer then perhaps using some sort of hidden jetpack to rise a bit and launch a bunch of rockets from hidden compartments around like Hellions?

I'd make 1 a slight damage ability just to keep with the theme of most 1 abilities. Maybe have it send out a roller or something?

The 4 should be a big CC move. I'm imagining him as a sort of squishy ranged support/distraction frame.

Yeah, I think either the first or last ability should be damaging... I can think of a few frames where the first ability is not damaging but they make up for it by being practical. IMO netting a few enemies every so often could be very useful, like if you're under heavy fire from a group but there are a few units you can't get to but will attack a defense target... net up and save for after you're done mopping up the bigger group a few seconds later.

1 missile

2. napalm

throws several mines that a proximity activated that deal blast dmg with high corrosive and fire proc chance.

3. hellzone grenade

4. nuke!!!

Mh, Grineer love their Regulators. Maybe a power that deploys 2/4/6 (or something around these numbers) Regulators in random places in a set radius. Or maybe one regulator at a press of the button, maximum number per map is set by the ability's rank. They don't disappear after a set time, but can be destroyed by foes.

They give the same buffs to the Tenno and their companions as the buffs that Grineer get from their own regulators (increased damage and speed). They also debuff the enemies. Maybe decreased fire rate/ stun/ decreased armor/ decreased damage. Something like that. Might be fun in the defense missions- you keep your regulator alive and it gives you a nice buff in return.

It emits the voice of Lotus singing La Marseillaise Valkyr's roar soft static noises?

Sounds really awesome (and that art is amazing), though as for powers:

3 Would it have no effect on infested? Probably should do something since theyre made out of Grineer and Corpus.

4 If something grineer then perhaps using some sort of hidden jetpack to rise a bit and launch a bunch of rockets from hidden compartments around like Hellions?

Hm! I'm liking the visual of him rising like a Hellion and firing a barrage of missiles for his 4th ability, doing AoE blast damage. I haven't designed his back yet so I could easily add pieces that would make this work. And I have a soft spot for regulators, maybe they can combine with the Hijack power to make it a little more fleshed out and more unique from Nyx's or Nekros' confusion abilities. 

Lol about Lotus singing over the battlefield through the regulator... what an image.

OP updated!

Edited by Syncrasis

Hm! I'm liking the visual of him rising like a Hellion and firing a barrage of missiles for his 4th ability, doing AoE blast damage. I haven't designed his back yet so I could easily add pieces that would make this work. And I have a soft spot for regulators, maybe they can combine with the Hijack power to make it a little more fleshed out and more unique from Nyx's or Nekros' confusion abilities. 

Lol about Lotus singing over the battlefield through the regulator... what an image.

OP updated!

What if his 4 was like a "flight mode" where you got to hover around in the air for a set time and activating the skill again launched a barrage of knockdown missiles at your crosshairs? For the back you could do a hellion backpack strapped on, kind of a cobbled-together look.

Also the 3 could be deploying a mini-regulator that scrambles communications in the area.

tumblr_nbroa6QVm41qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

Tek

Grineer-Tenno hybrid who bends technology and communications lines to his own purposes.

1 - Trap: Tek releases an energy net similar to the G3 onto a maximum of 2/4/6 enemies, where they are held down and cannot attack for 3/6/9 seconds. (Suggestions for stats?)

2 - Oil Slick: Spreads oil trailing behind Tek. Enemy units coming in contact will immediately be knocked down and struggle to get back up, comically. Fire lights it, creating an environment hazard. Can be lit by friendlies or enemies. (Ember and Tek best friends)

3 - Hijack: Making use of a small, inflatable regulator, Tek sends a mechanical screech through Grineer com lines and scrambles mechanical proxy command codes. Has a panic effect on Grineer and a hack effect on Corpus proxies, which is blocked after 3/6/9 seconds. The unit itself stays in place and provides an attack buff on allies and an attack debuff on enemy units. Can be destroyed. One unit per map.

4 - Missile Barrage: Tek rises in the air for a short time and 1/2/3 bursts of homing missiles that cause heavy blast damage are ejected from pods on his back.

Powers are a WIP, if you have any better ideas or changes, please post them! I am new at this and bow to your wisdom, forum friends.

I will update the powers as suggestions filter through. Thank you! :D

I really like this design, and the powers are coming along nicely. 

Only change I'd suggest would be to replace Oil Slick with the grenades that the Grineer use, or alternatively have him use the "Power Slam" the Grineer Heavies/MOAs use, since he does have mechanical legs for it.

I reckon I could get hyped for this frame :)

I can see something innovative in its utility, design and playstyle at work here, loving the concept as a whole. Not cliched, culturally influenced, or entirely categorised as a frame, I would totally farm these parts.

The skills look about as good as the design, though with the CC choices, I wouldn't want, say, Trap and Oil Slick overshadowing the other - they seem to do two different things, but the difference doesn't sound that obvious - stun-lock for a set time, or stun-lock with DoT? If this is a non-issue, I would want Trap to be castable as an AoE, much like Vauban's Bastille (scaled down, maybe?) and Oil Slick changed to not only synergise with Ember, but with other frames too such that elemental effects aren't limited to fire - scientific/canon theory notwithstanding.

Mh, Grineer love their Regulators...

Dude, why do you have like no upvotes? D:

I reckon I could get hyped for this frame :)

I can see something innovative in its utility, design and playstyle at work here, loving the concept as a whole. Not cliched, culturally influenced, or entirely categorised as a frame, I would totally farm these parts.

The skills look about as good as the design, though with the CC choices, I wouldn't want, say, Trap and Oil Slick overshadowing the other - they seem to do two different things, but the difference doesn't sound that obvious - stun-lock for a set time, or stun-lock with DoT? If this is a non-issue, I would want Trap to be castable as an AoE, much like Vauban's Bastille (scaled down, maybe?) and Oil Slick changed to not only synergise with Ember, but with other frames too such that elemental effects aren't limited to fire - scientific/canon theory notwithstanding.

Dude, why do you have like no upvotes? D:

Ah gosh, thank you!

Good points with the powers, hm. I could see Trap working like a cone AoE with a larger net, I'm imagining that bright orange net visual effect there, blanketing over a group. I see Oil Slick's main use being for the environment hazard effect, for example, in a defense mission, a ring of fire made possible with Tek doing a lap around the defense target and another player setting the oil alight. Perhaps the stunlock could be played up in the first power and played down in the second? And maybe something like anything with a fire elemental mod in it could light the oil? I'd like it to require an extra layer of strategy in some way, these sorts of powers are more interesting to me.

Please make him a Hellion based frame, like a Tenno-Hellion Mk II project.

That would be amazing, a dream would come true. <3

I'll be adding Hellion-esque jets on his back and calves! They'll be smaller and spread apart though, so that syandanas can still work...

OP updated.

Edited by Syncrasis