Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tek: Grineer/tenno Hybrid Frame

Syncrasis

• 2 weeks later...

The design looks great but it looks too...complicated for the grineer feel. Everything the Grineer make look dirty, rusty, but still relatively simple, with a few hoses here and there.

We're going to have to agree to disagree there. Have you seen the high poly models for the Grineer weapons?

Well, someone must say it

IT'S THE GRINEER

HEH

Added some color:

tumblr_nchcxhAXqD1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

These colors define tint zones. Yellow is channeling, and the darkest grey cannot be tinted. Rear view next!

6 tint zones. Got some alt color ideas? Toss them my way!

• 2 weeks later...

i have to say that this is really cool, but i highly doubt de will make a grineer warframe. grineer kill all tenno, unlike the corpus who experimented on them and made a hybrid. and the grineer come long after the tenno went to sleep (unless i missed something)

i have to say that this is really cool, but i highly doubt de will make a grineer warframe. grineer kill all tenno, unlike the corpus who experimented on them and made a hybrid. and the grineer come long after the tenno went to sleep (unless i missed something)

I'm just doing it for fun. I'd like to make hybrids of all the factions as Warframes eventually.

That aside, I thought it was canon that Vor really really wanted to experiment on the Tenno? I'm sure Vor isn't the only one, he makes it clear that the Tenno posses within them some way to cure the Grineer of their vital need of cloning. A captured Tenno, alive, would be very valuable to the Grineer.

Maybe they didn't find what they were looking for in this Tenno, maybe it was too far damaged when they captured it, maybe they decided to use what was left of it to try to get more Tenno? They control it with an Ascaris, reprogramming its mind over time with thought conditioning. 

Idk! Fun ideas to mess around with!

• 10 months later...

I think thier could be simple lore with this warframe and there could be a quest with tek and Lore about the grinneer tech and how they could change tenno into grineer slaves or fully controlled tenno by the grinner and modified with grineer technology, What I am thinking there is that they could make a story with the twin sisters [Queens] and also add a bit lore to this warframe "tek" and you know the new intro to the game where vor puts a device on your leg and it infects your warframe and vor said something about "once it fully taken control of your frame tenno, You'll Be mine." Something like that so maybe they vor captures a warframe and turns it into a tenno/grinner warframe that's controlled by vor device which makes tek brain washed maybe a new vor boss fight or a tek boss fight were you have to find out the grineer did to get the technology of the orokin and some more lore about the grineer 

I want this warframe to happen it's my dream to have a grineer, i've seen other posted can you change the design completey and make it look tenno mixed with grineer because that look full grineer.

I think thier could be simple lore with this warframe and there could be a quest with tek and Lore about the grinneer tech and how they could change tenno into grineer slaves or fully controlled tenno by the grinner and modified with grineer technology, What I am thinking there is that they could make a story with the twin sisters [Queens] and also add a bit lore to this warframe "tek" and you know the new intro to the game where vor puts a device on your leg and it infects your warframe and vor said something about "once it fully taken control of your frame tenno, You'll Be mine." Something like that so maybe they vor captures a warframe and turns it into a tenno/grinner warframe that's controlled by vor device which makes tek brain washed maybe a new vor boss fight or a tek boss fight were you have to find out the grineer did to get the technology of the orokin and some more lore about the grineer 

I want this warframe to happen it's my dream to have a grineer, i've seen other posted can you change the design completey and make it look tenno mixed with grineer because that look full grineer.

That sounds like an interesting and plausible lore theory. I've always been pretty interested in ideas that involve the Tenno actually getting captured. However, it might conflict with existing lore a little because if the Grineer DID capture a Warframe, I feel like they have a very high drive to use it to cure their cloning situation long before using them as hybrid weapons themselves. So I'm not sure what sort of backstory this guy would have to have to fit with that theory. Either way though, it's fun to think about.

I actually would like to go back in and edit this guy up so he's asymmetrical and uses bigger volume grineer pieces so they contrast with the tenno pieces more readily. In the current image, the lighter tan, darker tan, and dark green colors are pure/mostly Tenno (minus a few places) but I don't think I differentiated the greeble/details enough haha

Thanks for a comment on one of my older pieces, feels good man

Edited by Syncrasis

i'm sleepy atm so i couldn't read everything, i'll do it tomorrow and give a feedback, i'm posting this to remind you that there is 4 different ranks for abilities:

Unranked / Rank 1 / Rank 2 / Rank 3

so when you put states you should put four and not three only,

thank you in advance : )

Updated the OP:

-4 ranks for abilities

-Drone replaces Hijack, where the regulator simply creates an enemy debuff/ally attack buff with radius tied to level rank

-Changed the description of the pod on his back to make sure it's Hellion-inspired in design

-Added more to Oil Slick description: Toggle ability (like turning a spigot on or off for the oil flow) and different amounts total according to ability rank

-Added radius stats for first ability

Edited by Syncrasis

• 1 month later...

I love the idea of a Tenno/Grineer hybrid -we've had it coming after Valkyr's introduction into the game, which Valkyr being a result of Corpus Experimentation. A popular idea for Tek's lore though, perhaps a Tenno was once captured before brutally experimented on by the infamous Dr. Tengus, who utilized the Grustrag 3's potential combatatively, which may be why Tek employed the use of G3 weaponry.

• 3 months later...