Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Important Factor In Ability Perception

Llyssa

It occurs to me that the most important factor in ability perception is usage.

If you don't use abilities at all, you have only the simple numbers to work with, and perhaps some minor observations of others. If you use them sparingly, certain ones seen useful, and others totally worthless. If you are the reason there's "residue everywhere", you probably like or appreciate all of them to some degree.

The various discussions about "buff this!" or "nerf that!" seem to often come down to assumptions players make on skill usage.

So, I'm curious to see how we break down as far as what we actually do.

http://strawpoll.me/2556959

I imagine this might give a bit more insight in to why, for example, I know that super jump is the most awesome ability on excal, and other players think I'm joking when I say that.

If you'd like to go ahead and mention where you voted, and/or your thoughts on this, that'd be nifty.

EDIT: Of note, you can scroll down and see how many abilities you used in the mission results panel, and you can average it easily.

I'd suggest trying that, rather than guessing, because I can guarantee nobody is using anything 500+ times per mission. Looking at you, nekros peeps. Really, that would be a minimum of 6,250 energy, or 250 energy orbs gathered. With quality regen, that would still be 150 energy orbs. Unless your every mission is a 4 hour survival, the math doesn't work.(And before anyone asks, I play nekros more than anything else, and I spam desecrate more than anyone I've ever played with, and it's hard to break 200 in an hour long mission).

Edited by Llyssa

That's a difficult poll for me to answer because my ability usage is situational.  I would like to use abilities 51+ times per mission but not all locations present  that possibility for various reason such as the amount of energy that drops or the respawn rate of the enemy, or the squad size of the enemy, the size of the rooms on the tileset, etc.

I could perhaps say that ideally I "USE ALL THE ENERGEEZ!"  Or, "MAKE THE UNIVERSE FLICKER!"

Varies heavily. If I'm running a team buff build, such as Speed, Roar, or Warcry, I cast under 20 because of durations. Offensive abilities like Tentacle Swarm or Miasma get cast every time theres energy and enemies to spare. Movement/parkour type abilities don't get used at all, I'm more than proficient at moving around the map via methods that don't eat into my energy. Desecrate, well, gets cast on average 500+ times a mission, as I only use it when we're farming crap.

Of note, you can scroll down and see how many abilities you used in the mission results panel, and you can average it easily.

Offhand, most people I've ever played with are actually in the 6-20 bracket.

I don't know if they realize it, but that's what I've noticed in-game.

My ability usage depends a lot on whether I am solo, playing duo with a RL friend, or having joined a team via public matchmaking.

I find Warframe to be more enjoyable solo and I am not a fan of zerging missions in full teams.

When playing solo, I use everything I have in the loadout.

When in full teams, I am barely motivated to shoot enemies since everything dies in seconds regardless of my input.

im nekros, usually 500+

wanted to say that too. i like to use abilities a lot, because there is a reason that they are available ;-)

i was always more of a caster frame lover (started with mag) than a "use guns, and powers only in emergency" type of player, however, i'm not spamming my ult on a single mob etc.