Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of Tenno Fix All The Movement Nonsense ;____;

Qeveren

Seriously guys, this has been going on way too long.

Need to jump that three foot railing or you're going to die?  LOLNOPE!

Need to jump anywhere or your going to die?  What's that, a slight uneven patch?  LOLNOPE!

Need to run or you're going to die?  LOLNOPE!  Maybe press the run key a few dozen more times! LOL!

I could keep going.  XD

Sounds like someone has a problem with maintaining suit energy. I have no problems hopping railings whatsoever. I do kinda wish there was a "vault" animation though- sprinting into a railing would cause the warframe to automatically grip and hop the railing.

Sounds like someone has a problem with maintaining suit energy. I have no problems hopping railings whatsoever. I do kinda wish there was a "vault" animation though- sprinting into a railing would cause the warframe to automatically grip and hop the railing.

You kinda do this if you sprint into it and hold jump...you kinda run over it...not really vault though...

This times one billion. For all its flaws, the "smart movement" in Brink was fantastically executed. I would love to see something similar here.

Though it's a little complicated to do, there is a way to do so without spending energy.  

Get into a sprint, then crouch (into a slide), and then jump.  You'll leap forward at high speed, which allows you to vault over most railings easily.

Sounds like someone has a problem with maintaining suit energy.

What?  This has nothing to do with suit energy. I'm just getting massively fed up with the sluggishness and ridiculousness of all the controls. XD

I hear ya. You can sort of learn when controls will not respond but this is no excuse. Would really like to feel especially jump work better. Uneven terrain, upclose walls, buffered attacks in battle, lagg and other stuff messes things up. And why do I have to time when to press sprint button? Hold it at wrong time and it wont activate.

I hear ya. You can sort of learn when controls will not respond but this is no excuse. Would really like to feel especially jump work better. Uneven terrain, upclose walls, buffered attacks in battle, lagg and other stuff messes things up. And why do I have to time when to press sprint button? Hold it at wrong time and it wont activate.

Oh yes, the sprint thing drives me berserk.  I don't care about rolling around on the ground, I want to run!  Any time that button is down, I should be running, barring something that should prevent it (stamina, a wall, being dead...). XD

This times one billion. For all its flaws, the "smart movement" in Brink was fantastically executed. I would love to see something similar here.

Yes and yes.

Seriously guys, this has been going on way too long.

Need to jump that three foot railing or you're going to die?  LOLNOPE!

Need to jump anywhere or your going to die?  What's that, a slight uneven patch?  LOLNOPE!

Need to run or you're going to die?  LOLNOPE!  Maybe press the run key a few dozen more times! LOL!

I could keep going.  XD

Also I know the movement in this game is kinda unresponsive at times but this IS a beta. Make a nice suggestion thread about it instead. Although your post did make me laugh a little.

Oh yes, the sprint thing drives me berserk.  I don't care about rolling around on the ground, I want to run!  Any time that button is down, I should be running, barring something that should prevent it (stamina, a wall, being dead...). XD

You know...

hm.

Other games tend to implement dive-rolling as a function of the jump key, rather than the sprint key. In most of the CAPCOM games, it's lockon + jump + movement direction. This game has no lockon key, but maybe aim...? Well, that seems awkward.

Maybe crouch and jump? That would work well with my control setup, but I don't know if it would for everyone. It's logical, thinking about the things those two inputs do.

I never noticed any problems with jump. Sprinting up stairs, however, is another matter.... am I really the only person who finds themselves stuck trying to sprint up stairs? It's gotten to the point where I have to go for the smooth sections between/beside the steps, or stop sprinting and roll to get up without hitches. I'd say the problem can easily be fixed by changing the hitbox/physical collision of the steps to be a smooth slope instead of individual steps... unless it already is like that and my problems are due to something else....

Yeah I get lots of problems with jumping, particularly while sprinting. Notable problem areas include the pipelines in Grineer maps, and this spot in between the rocks on Killiken (and lots of uneven areas like it). In the video I'm mashing space several times with no response in game until the 4th or 5th time, and as you'll see sometimes I'll just roll like I fell a long distance instead of jump.

Edited by AXCrusnik

There's this one spot in the mining places where you run up a wall to get into a vent. For some reason, after you do that, you have to actually press the jump button 5 times before you can actually jump again. It took me awhile to figure out that was what was actually happening. It wasn't me missing the timing, it wasn't the jump actually delaying, it was that I would simply not actually jump until I tried to 5 times.

I only notice it happening on that one part too. It's mysterious.

I never noticed any problems with jump. Sprinting up stairs, however, is another matter.... am I really the only person who finds themselves stuck trying to sprint up stairs? It's gotten to the point where I have to go for the smooth sections between/beside the steps, or stop sprinting and roll to get up without hitches. I'd say the problem can easily be fixed by changing the hitbox/physical collision of the steps to be a smooth slope instead of individual steps... unless it already is like that and my problems are due to something else....

I feel the stairs problem you have. Sometimes even the smooth inclined planes i can't sprint over. Some places that were also designed to be jumped over... well... probably need work. when the ledge you want to grab above you sticks out to the point that when you jump you just bang your head onto the ledge is somewhat frustrating at times when you are under pressure. XD

And there's also this glitch when trying to jump right next to some walls/boxes/whatever to climb on them and the jump key simply doesn't do anything. It's particularly annoying when trying to escape rollers.

I find this to be a problem aswell if im behind a small fence or down on a ledge trying to jump 3 foot to the next ledge above me he just simply wont jump untill i back up and try again. I should not need to move a tiny bit backwards to simply jump up onto something.

I would hope they will polish the movements and minor stuff that seems inadequate, its the small things that count..

• 2 weeks later...

For me this jumping issue is one of the if not THE biggest problem in Warframe since this is total basic gameplay.

Yeah I get lots of problems with jumping, particularly while sprinting. Notable problem areas include the pipelines in Grineer maps, and this spot in between the rocks on Killiken (and lots of uneven areas like it). In the video I'm mashing space several times with no response in game until the 4th or 5th time, and as you'll see sometimes I'll just roll like I fell a long distance instead of jump.

This and the problem, that you absolutely cannot jump in front of things(i.e. "fences") is so annoying :/

Edited by S0m3guy