The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Map Segments Rock

Necrogen

I've been playing Warframe for about a month now, and I've seen lots of really neat things that other similar games don't have. I'm constantly learning new parkour tricks, noticing new artifacts, and enjoying the new weapons. I was worried when I first started playing this game that the repetitive scenery might make for stale gameplay, but I've noticed over my 3-4 weeks of playing that the devs are constantly adding new map segments to the game. The most recent additions have fantastic artistic value (hell, I even made one particular segment my background) and the structure behind them opens up many different strategies when approaching the enemy. One of the new defense maps I saw really even made me think: "so this is what I can use that sniper rifle for..." due to the vast ravine in the middle.

All that said, I don't pay for free games unless they deserve it, and after seeing some of the best scenery additions to this game since I've been playing I really feel that there is a bright future for Warframe. I'm sold. Keep up the good work designers and devs!

One of my favourite location's I've seen to date: http://i.imgur.com/VOwwBJE.jpg

Edited by Necrogen

I'm also feeling this too. Just looking at all the columns and walls in the new map tiles make me want to explore upwards to see what is there or to challenge myself to see if I can wall walk jump from each of them.

This is the product of one such wonderment:

http://youtu.be/lUukEUCRjrk

The new tiles also make fighting enemies more fun!

Edited by DSMK2

<p>Have to chip in my 2 credits here. The new tilesets, especially the outdoor ones, are awe inspiring. Actually had people on my skype call bug me to get moving because I was spending so much time looking at them. Once the way-point issues are worked out so they are easier for people not used to them to navigate these will be primo material.</p>

<p>Heck, the immense room with the moving conveyor belt on the asteroid bases alone dropped my jaw.</p>

<p>The Corpus tileset for defense with the two duel level bridges and the over-watch on the cryo pod prompted me to spout aloud. "Oh I am so saving up for a sniper rifle to use here."</p>

<p>Had people commenting "Hope we get to shoot that down" on seeing the work ship/drop ship in the IMMENSE hanger bay tileset. (seriously, that thing is basically an entire Halo multiplayer map in size!) </p>

<p>I think working on some more ship tilesets (since they seem to be Ship, Asteroid Base and Corpus ground installation thus far) would help keep those fresh and keep the suddenly cramped feel of them meaningful rather then feeling old. (that said some of those have pretty big rooms in them, but they are the exception, which I am fine with)<br />

it's gotten to the point where I actually want the location to be listed along with the faction so I know what to bring.<br />

<br />

Kudos to the staff for this.</p>