Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Realism Ch3: My Version Of The Lanka

Hunterfox

I hope everyone is enjoying their day right this moment. I just finished a quick remodel of Warframe's Lanka. Unlike the other Warframe weapons I've done, I didn't go full-blown realism when modelling this one. It's significantly more sci-fi than the Braton MkII or Latron MkII, and I've settled for a happy medium between futuristic and contemporary.

I used Zackpeterson's (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/384715-zackpeterson/) redesign as a base for my version with a few tweaks here and there. Stay tuned for a surprise with the Lanka, coming soon!

Overall length: 1150mm
Barrel length: 690mm

Blender v.2.71, Cycles render, Adobe Photoshop CS6

lanka_mkii___black_by_jackbryanreynard-d

lanka_mkii_by_jackbryanreynard-d7zezjz.p

Here's the side views of old and new for comparison. Note that I flipped the new version so that the power cell(?) would be on the left so the ejection port could be on the right.

Lanka2.png

kqpotl.png

ayyeze.png

Edited by Hunterfox

Just a thought, but you are aware that the Lanka is a Railgun/Gauss Rifle, right? Not a typical Sniper Rifle

Which is why you've those things running up the side of the barrel. I'm putting it into the coilgun ("Gauss gun") category. By the way, if you didn't know, railguns and coilguns are completely different things.