The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Event Mods.

Satinpuppies

Doesn't work yet, because Stoi84 hasn't implemented melee weapons for comparison yet because there's a little more to it than just flipping around some damage numbers, because of all the other mods.

And the normal Warframe builder does not consider faction boni at all... so you've bad luck there and still do some math on your own. ^^

Hey.  you've been on point about everything so far, but I just wanted to mention that Warframe-Builder.com does in fact have a "Details" link where you can click and see the advantages/disadvantages per faction, subtypes, etc. of each build you make on the site.

I'm sure Warframe-builder.com isn't perfect yet, but it's a pretty useful tool for peeps like me who are overwhelmed with the "spreadsheet-edness" of DPSframe.  =)

Edited by sushidubya

I too have made a damage 2.0 spreadsheet because I couldn't find one laying around when it came time to optimize for factions. Here it is if anyone wants a good look at rock paper scissors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yhcw16n5tlj202/Damage2.xlsx?dl=0

It's based off the wiki damage 2.0 pages but I wanted to see what makes the most sense to run for each faction quickly.

Edited by willis936

Hey.  you've been on point about everything so far, but I just wanted to mention that Warframe-Builder.com does in fact have a "Details" link where you can click and see the advantages/disadvantages per faction, subtypes, etc. of each build you make on the site.

I'm sure Warframe-builder.com isn't perfect yet, but it's a pretty useful tool for peeps like me who are overwhelmed with the "spreadsheet-edness" of DPSframe.  =)

Uh yeah... you are absolutely right... I've been using it so often but never noticed that that "Details" thing is clickable... just thought it is a headline for the already displayed stuff there... My fault then. xD

Well for the Dragon Nikana it says as following (Slash being 85% of overall base-damage):

Fury, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fever Strike, Molten Impact, Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Voltaic Strike:

Damage per hit: 1923.23

Sustained/Burst dps: 2115.55

Fury, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fever Strike, Molten Impact, Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Buzz Kill:

Damage per hit: 2106.88

Sustained/Burst DPS: 2317.57

For the Dakra Prime (Slash being 80% of overall base dmg):

Fury, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fever Strike, Molten Impact, Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Voltaic Strike:

Damage per hit: 1353.60

Sustained/Burst dps: 1488.96

Fury, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fever Strike, Molten Impact, Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Buzz Kill:

Damage per hit: 1468.50

Sustained/Burst dps: 1615.68

So both the Dragon Nikana and Dakra Prime actually profit from that Buzz Kill mod at least against plain old chargers/leapers and stuff... I'm convinced then if Warframe Builder is correct... :D

Doing some testing on the Soma but it is still odd there on Warframe Builder... and somehow I believe it doesn't recognize the crit damage there because the overall dps seems quite low... At least the slash damage is worse than pure gas or corrosive - as has been predicted, no matter how the crit scales...

In-depth analysis:

I guess the same as for Dragon Nikana/Dakra Prime might be true for some of the weapons sharing exactly those distributions of physical damage. There we have a new king now... at least against some lightweight infested units. So mostly those weapons profit from the new mod if the distribution of Slash damage is over 75% of the overall base damage, otherwise the elementals win anyways:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Slash_Damage

That said... The Slash mod is only better than elemental mods with neutral faction boni and having 60% stats.

So for example Buzz Kill is better than Voltaic Strike because Voltaic Strike has only +60% and no faction boni towards infested. But what Buzz Kill can't do is outperform Feverstrike, Molten Impact, Virulent Scourge and Volcanic Edge in any of their combinations. Only two of those Heat/Toxin mods together to form Gas would be enough to leave Buzz Kill in the dust.

Basically Buzz Kill wins on 75%+ Slash weapons only because there's no other elemental or plain-dmg mod left that has any boni against Infested. It's basically the 5th mod that didn't exist yet.

So it makes only sense using Buzz Kill on weapons that actually fit 5 physical/elemental-mods... because if they don't then Buzz Kill won't win either. oO

Having only 7 mods:

Fury, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Molten Impact, Volcanic Edge, Virulent Scourge and for the 7th mod Fever Strike OR Buzz Kill... then Fever strike wins and Buzz kill loses. You'd have to switch Buzz Kill with Volcanic Edge or Virulent Scourge for Buzz Kill to barely win by a nose. But thereby trading even more Status Chance in for that.

Basically the 60% elemental damage with +75% faction boni nearly outperforms the 120% physical with +25% faction boni.

Edited by MeduSalem

Doesn't work yet, because Stoi84 hasn't implemented melee weapons for comparison yet because there's a little more to it than just flipping around some damage numbers, because of all the other mods.

And the normal Warframe builder does not consider faction boni at all... so you've bad luck there and still do some math on your own. ^^

I compare it myself. Equip weapon a with mods and weapon a' with the same mods except for 1 and compare against let's say ancients which are fossilized.

Word! What he said.

whatup, sushi!

I'm sort of disappointed, mostly because of dual elemental/status mods of the previous events are probably the best mods in the game.

Not the fault of the current event's mods, mind you.

They are pretty decent, but can't compete with the previous ones.

How the heck do you build a Dread like that?

Especially with the new slash-damage mod?

I'm checking out 4x forma builds right now, there seems like no need for a fifth unless you want to run a horribly inefficient build that would fly directly against using that many forma anyways.  

Seemed fine to me on Miter/Flux Rifle, Pyrana and orthos Prime vs Infested

Nope, Orthos Prime only has 71% Slash Damage weight. Immediately disqualifies it from benefitting. 

Pyrana, Flux all work. Miter it's nearly perfect on because the charge attacks hit 94% Slash weighting. 

Edited by LukeAura

Since all of the event mods so far had been dual stat I was expecting these mods to follow suite, yeah. If status chance was too boring maybe +reload time for shotguns, +fire rate for rifles, +very minor punch-through for pistols and +channel efficiency, attack speed or reach with melee? And shuffle the stats around for the future impact and puncture mods, like puncture mod for shotgun would have +punch-through instead of +reload time.

Wait, just make all the puncture event mods have +0.1 punch-through and I'll be happy. 

It doesn't have the highest slash damage weight but range and speed factor into why I chose it.

Range and Speed aren't exclusive values to slash damage. Choosing to put it on the Orthos will always result in damage lost without anything gained.

If you don't have 75% slash damage, there are enough possible bonuses applicable that even the event mods will always be better choices in its place. 

Edited by LukeAura

Range and Speed aren't exclusive values to slash damage. Choosing to put it on the Orthos will always result in damage lost without anything gained.

If you don't have 75% slash damage, there are enough possible bonuses applicable that even the event mods will always be better choices in its place. 

tumblr_muokbsyYvf1rjatglo1_r1_500.gif