Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daggers....what They Should Be.

nickelshark

Daggers are light,fast and can be used to quickly strike the vital points of your enemies... well not in Warframe. Here in WF daggers are slow and have abysmal crit stats. Daggers should be crit machines. Low base damage but very fast and great crit chance matched with a great crit multiplier.. I know the heavy melee weapons are getting their buff but I sure do hope that DE takes a look at our squeak toy daggers and turn them into the backstabbing, throat slitting monsters they ought to be.

Its not that the dagger is slow, its the stance you are using, and also weapon physics, homing fang is just way faster and really helps when using a dagger stance, and for example, the karyst dagger is slow because it has a thick edge, and that zig zag isn't pointed well so you can't just pierce someone, you gotta slice diagonally, and pulling it out makes it harder too.

Homing Fang on it is still slow.  
The way I see daggers is not so much speed machines, but precision tools. In this sense, they aren't meant to be a flurry of slashes, but more focused strikes. High crit/damage potential, but below average speed due to a delay with the attack is ligned up. 
However, single focused strikes aren't that practical in Warframe. But for speed/area of effect, Daggers will always suffer. So, Focused Strikes, Must be executable against rapidly switching opponents. Imagine if the lunging thrust at the end of the homing fang base combo was just a little faster in movement and spammable. Single powerful strike, but to one opponent at a time.