Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Aren't There Weapon Attachments?

Aisamai

Question

I've been playing for like a month now, and I like the Mod system. It feels like a TCG, and that was always something I enjoyed messing with.

Gotta say, though, that meticulously organizing and combining my pokemanz is kind of distracting from the fact that I'm pumping up my shiny charizard to make my sniper rifle do more damage. 

Why isn't there just a classic weapon modification system, i.e. change out your barrel/clip/housing/scope for a better one? Or did there used to be one? The mod system just seems like a very tedious choice, considering not only how action-oriented the game is supposed to be, but also that the silly amount of damage you can put on your guns seems to make balancing them quite difficult (but that's just observing how people talk about the Boltor Prime. Also I'm assuming the lack of pvp modes stems from this). 

I'm probably missing some back story to this due to my complete newbishness, but does this seem weird to anyone else as well?

5 answers to this question

The mod system is an incredibly lucrative system that allows the player to play the game EXACTLY the way he want's to play it.

Wanna be the Beefstick Tanky-tank? All defense mods

Wanna be the Ultimate Glass Cannon? Use all offensive mods

Wanna help your friends? Use all support mods

Wanna counter a game mechanic you just can't master? Equip a mod the nullifies it.

With this, why would anyone want anything else?

Warframe has always used Mods to control most everything in the game.

i'd imagine it's a Cosmetics & Stats issue.

i'd like to be able to make my Weapons more unique (AKA silly), who wouldn't. but it's Cosmetic, so having stats tied to it is shaky ground, and is probably why we've always had Mods in the first place.

there's some exceptions to this, Supressor Mods would be neat if they added a Supressor.

Why isn't there just a classic weapon modification system, i.e. change out your barrel/clip/housing/scope for a better one? Or did there used to be one? The mod system just seems like a very tedious choice, considering not only how action-oriented the game is supposed to be, but also that the silly amount of damage you can put on your guns seems to make balancing them quite difficult (but that's just observing how people talk about the Boltor Prime. Also I'm assuming the lack of pvp modes stems from this). 

The closed beta had skill trees and randomly generated mods, DE probably won't be changing it from the current system.

Those are both very good explanations. Thank you, Sitchrea and taiiat!

But yea, @taiiat, it makes me sad that the mods don't show up at all on your warframe. :( 

Props to that diversity, though. The conventional system couldn't even begin to handle mods up in the club, that's for sure.

Edited by Cornugon