Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will They Ever Bring Back Account Migration From Pc-Ps4?

Jezzax

I know the PC only players wouldn't like it but for someone like me with a pretty bad pc I think it would be a good idea if DE just halted pc updates for like a week and put  PS4 up to date. Then hopefully they can bring account migration back.

Double checking the dates here, and I guess maybe some people weren't aware of the brief migration window we had recently?

It will come back in time, but no one except the devs are entirely aware of what all is required, since the builds didn't have to be in sync last time. No need to halt builds either way, just a matter of time before they can possibly have another migration run like last time.

Okay, Devoid really needs an attitude check.  You should realize that in being an A****** to players when they ask simple questions is just another way to alienate your player base.  The migration isn't vital, however, saying  that it isn't needed does nothing to fill the gap for those who A> Never received a notice email regarding account migration, and B> Were literally promised that they would be allowed to do an account migration. 

Just because some players exploited it isn't a reason to pull account migration, it's a reason to fix it and ban said players for using exploits.  You tell people that there is 'no need' when clearly they do need it in order to assure they ever play Warframe again.  This is a fact, assuming you want those hundreds (thousands?) of angry players to come back.  But I assume you care very little for profits or the players due to the way this was handled in general.

Edited by Ariako

-snip-

You mis-interpret my statement.

The updates do not need to be in sync in order for a migration to occur. Part of the reason, I think, DE kept it limited (not me) is because of the easy and obvious exploits. These exploits could double your platinum, there was no easy fix, and anyone would think to try it, being so simple to reproduce.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Clarity

Okay, Devoid really needs an attitude check.  You should realize that in being an A****** to players when they ask simple questions is just another way to alienate your player base.  The migration isn't vital, however, saying  that it isn't needed does nothing to fill the gap for those who A> Never received a notice email regarding account migration, and B> Were literally promised that they would be allowed to do an account migration. 

Just because some players exploited it isn't a reason to pull account migration, it's a reason to fix it and ban said players for using exploits.  You tell people that there is 'no need' when clearly they do need it in order to assure they ever play Warframe again.  This is a fact, assuming you want those hundreds (thousands?) of angry players to come back.  But I assume you care very little for profits or the players due to the way this was handled in general.

Account migration had been planned to be temporary even before it went live. It wasn't pulled because people exploited it. It was pulled because the timeframe in which it was planned to run had ended.

Devoid is also entirely correct, the builds didn't have to be in sync because DE had designed a script to remove the items that existed in the PC account data that were not implemented on the PS4 and then credit the items back when the items were released on PS4. There is literally no need to halt PC updates for migration. During the time that migration was live, the PC was on 14.0 and the PS4 was on 13.7

There were also a very easy to use exploits, namely it allowed PS4 players to effectively reset their accounts and credit all spent platinum (excluding platinum traded to other players) back. This included platinum spent on rushing Dojo projects, platinum spent on forma/materials for clan dojos, etc. The only problem with banning people who used this exploit is that it would require the banning of every player who migrated who had previously spent platinum on the PS4

DE had made it clear that migration would be a temporary service. Sony probably made DE make it temporary because people who migrate would be less inclined to purchase platinum on the PS4 because they would have a whole lot of stuff. Less people buying platinum through PSN = less profits for Sony. And considering Sony is a for-profit company it would only make sense that they would want to make as much money as possible. We were lucky that we got any account migration at all.

P.S. In the future, I really suggest you send someone a PM asking them to clarify and/or change their wording if you feel as if they're being rude. This is a case of the teapot calling the kettle black. Please think twice, thrice and then once more before you call someone an A******.