The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't The Magnetic Status Effect Work The Same On Enemies As It Does On Players?

0verkill

Logically, as well as draining shields, it should prevent any power usage due to energy drain (like it does for players). Which would make it rather useful vs the Stalker, bosses etc.

Doesn't seem to be any explanation as to why it would affect tenno more severely than everything else in the universe!

Only tennos use energy, other factions can't generate energy which is why they can't be drained

Enemies have abilities though. You can just disable the abilities. Pretty sure Radial Disarm is already capable of this.

Grineer/Corpus soldiers throw grenades.

Corpus Techs deploy shield drones.

Grineer Seekers deploy latchers.

Infested Ancients/Grineer Scorpions grapple you.

Grineer Heavies have a shockwave ground blast.

Corpus Shockwave MOAs do their stomp.

Just have magnetic procs disable the abilities for a set amount of time.

Enemies have abilities though. You can just disable the abilities. Pretty sure Radial Disarm is already capable of this.

Just have magnetic procs disable the abilities for a set amount of time.

Don't forget about all the Aura powers they have (Ancients and Eximus). They could make Magnetic proc disable their powers momentarily. This could be a good strategy since Magnetic is pretty much only useful against Corpus. Bringing Magnetic against the Infested isn't the wisest idea, but with a nice team who wants to try different approaches, especially if they have trouble against the Ancients in higher level, a Magnetic weapon from one of the squad members might actually be of help.

So I agree with OP here.

My guess is that DE considered that the magnetic status effect would be overpowered if it worked on enemies the same way that it does on players.

So far no procs are really overpowered to be honest in my opinion. If they balance procs and make them more powerful, even if they stay situational (which is okay if they do!), they might have better reasons to balance overall damage. I mean the most overpowered thing in the game right now are technically the damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike...).

Edited by Casardis