The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Scavenge Achieved! + Time = *tableflip* Devhatred = Bad Thing

Daggerchild

Okay, in my heart of hearts I knew it was to be so, yet I hoped against hope I could make it work, but no, Kubrow scavenge is just irretrievably broken. The cake is a lie.

The point of it is to get more cash. The reality of it is you get less cash. And hate the devs.

In the time I spent in my first ever kubrow full scavenge-equipped run I could have run at least seven other missions, collected way more cash, and not missed a whole blueprint alert.

I don't know what fancy code you put into doing the locker detection and dog sequence, but the result is the user being absolutely convinced that they are being deliberately trolled by the developers to stop them earning money too fast. *PLEASE* don't try and fix that code. You need to *rip that code out* - it's just unsalvageable, sorry. It's generating ill feeling, which reduces plat-buying probability.

Just pop up a *different* interaction prompt for a locked locker that force-spawns the dog on the locker doing the animation. This will also solve the local pathfinding problem and the 'dunno how to pathfind into that room at *all*' problem. That dog has to teleport everywhere anyway.

If you want to get pretty about it, use the capture animation to suck the dog into its own collar (with echoing distorted woof) and spew it out of your hand. (Actually, being able to switch the dog on and off would be great for avoiding the electric-water/dog-soup/KentuckyFriedKubrow problem)

As it is, I'm off to grind for Master Thief. If I use Scavenge again I will break my monitor. (I was *especially* proud of finding and reaching that void powerstation high secret room, and *especially* narked off to eventually leave it completely empty handed....)

you'd only get a handful of extra credits per run with Scavenge, nothing compared to the mission rewards themselves.

Only done one run. ~15k credits collected from lockers. ~9k reward (minus any cost of key). Most of the profit is therefore what you squeeze from lockers.

Edited by Daggerchild

Only done one run. ~15k credits collected from lockers. ~9k reward (minus any cost of key). Most of the profit is therefore what you squeeze from lockers.

Fair enough. I'm still skeptical of Scavenge's value in terms of time efficiency though.

Was that a Survival run? Because to my mind, running around looking for lockers would take up extra time, but it wouldn't matter if it was Survival since that's got a fixed timeframe of at least 5mins.

Fair enough. I'm still skeptical of Scavenge's value in terms of time efficiency though.

Exactly - you spend so much time dancing with your dog that Master Thief will just blow the whole thing out of the water in creds/minute. :-/

Was that a Survival run? Because to my mind, running around looking for lockers would take up extra time, but it wouldn't matter if it was Survival since that's got a fixed timeframe of at least 5mins.

Plain old Tower I Exterminate - infinite time and no enemies to scramble the dogs lockersenses. Then I did a Gate run and watched the dog fry itself in electric water, twice, expecting me to jump in to revive it. Hrm.

I wonder if I can get a nice grineer surgeon to transplant the lockersensing organs onto a sentinel...

Try running Master Thief with a Scavenge Kubrow... the only time my dog would try unlocking a locker was on one I just already unlocked myself... this happened almost everytime.  Sometimes my dog would do it on an unlocked locker that I hadn't opened yet and would revert the lighting of the locker from green back to red... it was still openable though.

Try running Master Thief with a Scavenge Kubrow... the only time my dog would try unlocking a locker was on one I just already unlocked myself... this happened almost everytime.  Sometimes my dog would do it on an unlocked locker that I hadn't opened yet and would revert the lighting of the locker from green back to red... it was still openable though.

This is because Master Thief takes priority and all lockers only have 1 chance to be unlocked by either master Thief or Scavenger. If Scavenger did work on a locker you already tried MT on, it was probably a bug or MT didn't actually activate.

Don't use Master Thief if you want your Kubrow to use Scavenger, and vice versa.