Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Warframe Servers :(

Demonius88

• 1 month later...

Waframe is a lobby shooter. Are some of you seriously saying that lobby shooters produce comparable server load to a friggin MMO?

They already need servers for chat, player accounts and the hubs.

The problem is the frontloaded cost of actually getting those servers. I daresay DE should have more than enough money for that now. All the talk about expanding, hiring new staff... yet servers are unattainable. It's not like you even have to get them in all locations at once. You can start slow.

Lag is absolutely killing this game. It doesn't matter how good your gameplay is, when you lag it all goes out of the window.

• 2 months later...

True, but Hosting is quite demanding... A 10mb/s line has ~ 1mb/s upload speed. This means 3 people download from you at the same time + you uploading your gameplay: (4x data uploaded through your 1 mb/s line) LAG for days :(.

So clearly you need to have a really good upload speed to make things work.. 10mb/s download is good, but its 1mb/s upload is bad (I can't afford better)

You read that thread about monthly subscriptions? Great read, I seemed to have misplaced it.

Simple answer,no.

(Dam. Looks like somebody tried to resurrect the dead thread...)

It would be a good idea for subcription... but I could care little either way as DE has been doing well and Warframe's F2P is working at best. Probably no other F2P game like it, nor have I seen another as close this good. Actually, I have spent more on Warframe, and still happy supporting it, than my couple other subs game combined.

(Dam. Looks like somebody tried to resurrect the dead thread...)

It would be a good idea for subcription... but I could care little either way as DE has been doing well and Warframe's F2P is working at best. Probably no other F2P game like it, nor have I seen another as close this good. Actually, I have spent more on Warframe, and still happy supporting it, than my couple other subs game combined.

you could make a seperate thread about subscriptions fees and the large majority is a big no.

with the bugs, unfinished gameplay all around, Warframe is definitely not worth a subscription fee.

you could make a seperate thread about subscriptions fees and the large majority is a big no.

with the bugs, unfinished gameplay all around, Warframe is definitely not worth a subscription fee.

Of course, even if you ask anyone on the street and not needing to be players, you will always have the large majority prefer everything and anything for "free". That's how f2p & p2w start happen and these gaming companies catching on.

And no. Maybe you have not yet enough experience with sub games. Sub games still have bugs, needing updates, etc., no less than Warframe. There is a lot of reasons that Warframe is good as f2p model as is, but definitely not the reason of such. And whether it's "worth" it or not it is more of a personal value. So maybe it's not for you. But for me, I would subscribe to Warframe in a heartbeat.

Edited by ndantony

Of course, even if you ask anyone on the street and not needing to be players, you will always have the large majority prefer everything and anything for "free". That's how f2p & p2w start happen and these gaming companies catching on.

And no. Maybe you have not yet enough experience with sub games. Sub games still have bugs, needing updates, etc., no less than Warframe. There is a lot of reasons that Warframe is good as f2p model as is, but definitely not the reason of such. And whether it's "worth" it or not it is more of a personal value. So maybe it's not for you. But for me, I would subscribe to Warframe in a heartbeat.

Like I said, make a seperate thread about the topic and find others opinions on the topic Edited by izzatuw

...we can have poll or vote to have monthly subscription fees, something like $14.99, to allow DE pay for dedicated servers.

= instant quit. the fees could be no more than $5.00 USD period and even then there would be a mass exodus of players elsewhere to other games where they actually play for free.

Unfortunately there is no real way for DE to win on this unless they put something in that all players would definitely buy. Custom mix and match Tenno is the way to go IMO. This would allow all players to make a Tenno of their dreams with whatever powers they want from the #1,2,3, and 4 categories(players must own the Tenno from which powers come from at rank 30). This would guarantee and influx of cash that the current primes and even prime access could not provide as many players will just farm said parts and forgo paying anything at all.

Edited by geninrising

I still don't see why you are still going on with this. I thought I have already noted above responding to your post. And sure if you want to continue argue about it over there, go for it.