Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hollow Point - Worst. Mod. Ever?

Brimir

Intruder and Hollow Point do things.

As far as I know Steel Fiber (sentinel version) still does nothing.

Yeah they do things, but it pointless things at none  the less. I can hack a terminal in under 5 seconds so how is intruder of any use? I am sure there are some out there who have trouble with it but seriously? common its so simple.

I'm almost entirely certain that Hollow Point was made as a prelude to introducing a secondary where the crit chance and damage were so good, that it overrode the dps of normal shots without the mod.

And then they like, forgot to make that weapon. Hm.

And what should they learn from that? Mods should be made for weapons, not weapons for mods.

yea there are many mods that are just shocking in how little thought and testing went into them.

We do have a "Crit Pistol", Akmagnus can push the same crit chance as Lanka because of high pistol multishot, and deals a hideous amount of damage as a result.

You could argue that Hollow point, if you run the numbers on Akmagnus is a ~21% overall damage boost

the issue is almost any other elemental mod adds around ~60% more damage, so while its a very bad mod that you should never use, it is still a boost to damage.

Actually modded as the last mod, Hollow point adds around 7000 burst dps vs an elemental mod adding around 11000 burst dps.

VS Critical Delay, the rifle alternative, which is a substantial damage loss on almost every weapon in the game, apart from Vectis where its again outclassed by most other mods.

I would understand these mods if they worked like the Warframe mods, adding more bonus and more penalty, but for some reason they decided to make them simply pointless, farm items.

eg, a 260% critical delay, would still be a drop in "DPS" but would substantially increase the damage per bullet, making weapons more snipe'ish (new word)

Edited by Tatersail

Everyone will be shocked the day that DE decides to either make hacking more applicable, useful, and/or difficult, thus requiring some folks to use Intruder just to get to the good stuff. XD On topic, perhaps they should boost each side more in their particular direction, to give even more burst dps?

Magnum Force is only good if you're looking to increase the spread of your sidearm, which some people like doing for weapons like the Castanas and the Angstrum. In any other case, it's a temporary mod slot at best, and detrimental to your weapon most often.

Magnum force is good if you want to boost the base physical damage on some weapons (e.g. Slash on Pyrana) and don't want to add another elemental.

The newest event mods do that much more nicely, though. Actually, the other physical damage mods do that better. I can understand physical damage increases to some degree (more Slash for Nekros's Desecrate, for instance) but the overall base damage increase just isn't worth the lack of accuracy.

The issue like a player before me said isn´t the mod system. There are some weapon corrupted and nightmare mods that don´t offer you enough reliability or better features than the regular mods and the dual elemental and status mods so when it comes the time to choose, critical delay, hammer shot, hollow point and such become not that good choices so we decide to don´t run them in most of the builds.

I will suggest reworking some of the corrupted and nightmare mods and bring more of them to the table because sincerily talking the concept of this mods is great and it offers more options to the players, so the best worked and more we have the more we can choose and adjust our weaponery to each players playstile.