Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Spend Your Starting 50 Platinum On?

Bunface

Question

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you'd recommend a rookie to spend his/hers starting Platinum on? Umming and ahhing over lots of different ideas, but would like to get advice from someone more worldly.

Cheers. :)

19 answers to this question

I highly recommend you use it for frame and weapon slots only! Everything else can be acquired via playing, alerts, and log-in rewards, including the Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (I got 3 and 7 respectively just from alerts/log-in rewards).

Edited by xxx7

I highly recommend you use it for frame and weapon slots only! Everything else can be acquired via playing, alerts, and log-in rewards, including the Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (I got 3 and 7 respectively just from alerts/log-in rewards).

Yeah what this person said. However you can't really get much for 50 Platinum.

For example weapon slots cost 12 Platimum for two and Warframe slots cost 20 Platinum for one. So you do the maths.

Edited by Toko

Reason I don't recommend a new player spend their Plat on slots is well..they're new. It will be a while before they take their beginning frame to 30. I'm thinking of something they can make the most of now! Ways to help them better equip their frame. Leveling up by increments of 2 instead of 1 is very attractive to a new player.

But none of the above is mandatory. It's really a matter of preference. I would say affinity or credit boosters or Orokin Catalysts or Reactors. 

Reason I don't recommend a new player spend their Plat on slots is well..they're new. It will be a while before they take their beginning frame to 30. I'm thinking of something they can make the most of now! Ways to help them better equip their frame. Leveling up by increments of 2 instead of 1 is very attractive to a new player.

But none of the above is mandatory. It's really a matter of preference. I would say affinity or credit boosters or Orokin Catalysts or Reactors. 

I dont think that, the slots are really important in the long way.

Slots only.

Log in 7 dags in a row- click the reward thing at the start - pretty soon you will get one of those reactors

I've known this to happen to some but it has never happened to me and I've been playing since beta began. That's a rough gamble. But a viable one if you're a betting Tenno.

I have never received a Reactor or Catalyst as a log in reward.

Looks reasonably unanimous. I did think that slots were the way to go in the long run, and I'm more than happy to wait to recieve any in-game rewards. I'll do some maths and see what slots would suit me best. Cheers for all the advice, guys!

Spend it first and for most on purchasing new warframe slots. After that, you may find a weapon you really enjoy, which you should then supercharge. DO NOT buy additional weapon slots, and I would discharge getting potatoes since you can get their blueprints from the login rewards (gotten 2 so far :)

Looks reasonably unanimous. I did think that slots were the way to go in the long run, and I'm more than happy to wait to recieve any in-game rewards. I'll do some maths and see what slots would suit me best. Cheers for all the advice, guys!

You're welcome and glad we could be of help =)

Yeah what this person said. However you can't really get much for 50 Platinum.

For example weapon slots cost 12 Platimum for two and Warframe slots cost 20 Platinum for one. So you do the maths.

Purchasing 2 warframe slots seems to be the way to go... if you never intend to spend any $$ on the game.

I bought potatoes under the thinking that hey, if I like the game, I'm gonna spend a reasonable amount on it (for me that's 50-100$) and by the time I run out of slots I'll have decided to either invest some cash, or drop the game entirely.

As you can tell I found it worthwhile enough to pay for some plat; with the exception of the Akbolto's the only thing I've bought with that plat is potatoes and slots.