Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Frame/boss 3.0 - Digital Revenant - Eithne

Dunedin

Would you care to explain that a bit more, or are you just gonna leave it at saying it's weird and you don't like it?

EDIT: Gonna be tweaking things about a bit. Dropping the speed down a tad and simplifying the abilities to be a bit more in line with traditional warframe.

Suggestions on that end would be helpful.

Edited by Dunedin

Powers have been updated. Swapped powers around a bit and simplified them. 

- I nixed the possession power since it was just too foreign of a concept to deal with and felt that most players would feel uncomfortable.

- Holo-Field no longer using a selection menu and instead hacking a couple basic effects that tether to complimenting the use of encrypt.

- Removed extra combat abilities from Digitize to simplify it's function and serve more directly as a support/caster form.

- Added Shards as replacement power, which serves as a defensive buff for allies and can be coupled with Holo-Field to cause damage.

- Encrypt remains largely the same, but has additional functions added to support causing additional damage to enemies as well as extra counter-abilities.

I may change Digitize further based on two points.

1 - Weapon damage might be enabled, instead taking a heavy penalty to damage output pending certain weapons with unique alt-fire mechanics are added to be utilized.

2 - Should this frame be allowed to fly at all? It stylistically fits the concept and as designed is not competitive with Zephyr in terms of range or speed, letting Zephyr remain the dominant "flying" frame, but having a second frame where that effect is a standard element, and potentially utilizing a better free-form flight mechanic than is present used on Zephyr, may still make the frame seem to butt-in on the concept.

Well tried to do some cleaning up and improving, tidied up my layout so hopefully this more readable and tweaked some stuff about.

Working on weapon ideas too, but running into mental blocks on that part.

Edited by Dunedin

First, congrats for the idea. Fits the theme, the design and bring completely new abilities effects in the game.

I would just propose some little modifications. Before that...some comments and explanation 

1 - I loved the idea of reversing polarity, I love so much that I would like in a more powerful way being the the ability 2. 

2 - Simple and situational

3 - In my mind, looks great, but the mechanical don't have anything new after the Mesa released (Ballistic coat is quite similar). Obs.: The second ability also have a stun around her

4 - Don't quite get the use of that ability and the synergy with the other frames..

Suggestion (I'm just trying to collaborate, I really wanna see this Cyborg/Ninja/Hacker frame)

1 - Holo-fieldI would replace the second ability here. It is good and fun, but situational and not essential in team fight

2 - Encrypt  Project a device (maybe detachable part of her body) in straight line with a default speed, if you hit the key 2 again the effect described by you will happens in a area around the projectile. The random bolts are not too strategic, and that way you can increase the efficiency of the ability against groups and reward good playing.

3 - NO NAME (the creator of the concept should choose): Why not hacking the warframe itself and the allies. Eithne would modify the allies and increase their abilities for a duration. I'm not talking about damage boost (like Roar and the mirage's eclipse), it should increase the range/efficiency /duration/power for a fair amount., 

4 - Digitize : For a support, she need some ability to restore health/mana of the allies. Everyone could digitalized, what makes then immune to all damage for while. In that state they should kill enemies in order to fill a pool of data (like ballistic battery, but could have a animation like in the image of the Eithme). After the end of the effect, the allies should regen over time their health and mana proportional to the amount of data collected.

Sry if I chanced too much. Hopping to see that warframe in the future.

Nah it helps.

The shards idea was a bit of a loose idea to begin with so alternative suggestions or replacements is very useful for coming up with implementation.

Holo fields second ability mostly exists as a cosmetic function, but it also serves as a way for Eithne to disrupt things like the laser barriers and screens on doorways rather than hacking every single thing with encrypt. It kinda serves as a minor convenience when roaming and otherwise just makes her spooky.

I like the suggestion on encrypt, like let it act as a normal projectile with the option of detonating it prematurely to trigger against the closest targets. Might look at how I can use it to push the player heals though. Perhaps instead of mini drones on containers it forces an extra health sphere. This power already has an option for transferring energy to other players though.

A target buff to modify power efficiency and duration sounds awesome, so yeah can swap that in.

Digitize largely exists because I really like the notion of an astral or spectral character. Sort of like a ghost. It's a very personal power instead of a group-oriented one and is meant more to re-enforce an alternative play style than anything else. I could possibly attach an aura effect and look at ways it might behave differently though.

I shall do a new pass at the powers with these suggestions. ^_^

I liked the new changes.

But just as limbo banish, the Imprint should allow the imprinted warframe to turn off the link (a Saryn will not like the duration proc).

If that disable tool exist, you could add a option of a second cast to change the effect in a rotation (duration -> range - > power strength -> duration).

Bumpity.

Also are people comfortable with the complete weapon lock on digitize or should I perhaps swap that to a damage penalty and then use it to emphasize the use of possible weapon alt-abilities?

It would be a different means to implement things like the defense shield since it could be a channeled power for a melee item instead.

I'd like to point out right quick, I think they said at one point they were going to crack down on bumpers. Just saying

But, knowing how frustrating it is to get people to give input, I'll try to give you some actual feedback. Now, most of this is going to be subject to my opinion and perspective of Warframe, so don't take everything to heart:

-With Recode, as long as the conversion/activation effects it can cause are temporary, I can see it being pretty balanced. This ability combines a nice mix of attack, support, and utility. However, given its wide range of effects, I'd recommend switching its place with Imprint and increasing its energy cost to 50.

-Does Imprint function like Trinity's Link in that it connects a beam to its target? Also, does the ability consume energy in one sum and have a duration or is it a toggled ability? Given its more simplistic utility, I'd recommend making this the first power.

-Digital Domain is very interesting. However, for the sake of balance, it should not convert enemies into energy, as that defies the point of the ability having a casting cost to begin with. Also, the cast cost should be 25. As well, define what you mean by disorienting enemies caught in its radius.

-Digitize doesn't seem to have a point. It's a fourth ability, so it should have some greater effect on the battlefield, but all it seems to do is disable weapons in place of increased shield recharge. If I've interpreted this wrong, please correct me and elaborate.

-The Warframe's design itself is pretty awesome and seems to fit Corpus-inspired Tenno style.

-I'm not much a fan of the Lore. The Corpus don't know how to make Warframes; they're an enigma to our enemies. They know how to dissect them and tear them apart, but they don't know how they work. However, this is only my opinion, and if you don't want to change it, it is of course your concept.

Overall, I like the thought and concept around this Warframe. It's a 'frame I'd definitely use. I will provide additional feedback if anything comes to mind, as well if you could elaborate a bit more on some of the above, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Krion112

Seems some reversions are in order then. :p

Digitize if you look at the previous power setups had more functions/benefits attached to it, making it a "primary mode" for the frame to exist in to benefit the use of it's powers. Some of those bonuses got stripped down and moved about in order to level off the character a bit, but it rendered Digitize somewhat less useful.

There is the list of "digitize action replacements" too though that are a part of the transformation, giving the frame access to a couple new behaviors.

Like the energy builder on Domain was because this frame is intended to utilize a lot of energy frequently, be it in utilizing her powers offensively or for control, or to enhance her allies.

I do kinda worry that those functions became too passive, like you activate powers and just happen to hurt things or benefit players.

Recode is hard to amp up in power cost because it's her primary offensive power as well as her utility power. I could possibly shift some of it's utility functions over to digital domain. But increasing the cost, especially to 50 points, would somewhat cripple the frame's ability to steadily output damage through their powers. Stacking that with the idea of culling the energy builder would leave her non-functional as being reliant on casting.

Imprint is a pretty simple function. It was just a link similar to trinity that connects to an ally and yeah it lasts for a short duration. Might sacrifice it to work on reorganizing other functions better though, perhaps upgrade it to offload extra functions.

The corpus Warframe thing is a little funky. In some regards the frames are mysterious, but you also have to recall that the Corpus have had time to study them up-close for a while now. Eithne I note as a "mock-frame" any ways specifically because her hardware and design is still very reliant on the traditional Corpus tech and utilizes only a finite amount of hardware implemented on the Warframe side. Once the blueprints are obtained by Lotus they get refitted for Tenno use and at that point it becomes a proper frame of sorts that retains the Corups aesthetic.

Edited by Dunedin

New helmet design.

SCAN0142_zps89be4093.jpg

The new helmet utilizes strips of fabric on it to emulate the concept of hair. I like it mostly because I don't really want it to emulate cloth physics, but rather just have an animated "floating" element to it akin to being suspended in water. Feel like it'd be a nice aesthetic touch. :p

EDIT: Could alternatively turn those into wires.

Edited by Dunedin

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah can keep it as an alt helm at least, tried to give it a bit more of a tenno-ish feel than her first one, and also trying to establish a distinct aesthetic. Namely with the horns.

I figure any style she does adopt, I would have the three horns being a consistent visual distinction on her.

God this is awesome! So much more work and effort put in since the last time I came here. This concept has both the work and potential in it to become one of the greats, along with Typhus and Dragon, all it needs is a bit more exposure. Awesome job!

What I suggest doing is taking all the art from this thread and putting it in a new thread in the fanart section, with this thread being linked in that one. Hopefully that would cause some more people to become aware and go here, and maybe it'll even get featured on Prime Time.