Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polemosomology: The Study Of Warframe

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

-snip-

OH, and the current chart that you have for language translation was made by a Reddit user by the name of StallordD (http://www.reddit.com/user/StallordD)

I don't know his Warframe ID (yet) but ill post it once it comes up.

I'd like to give this Tenno the credit for starting the research we all jumped onto.

Thanks! His username on the forums is also StallordD. I'll add him to the contributors list.

Sweet, well here are his threads that started it all. Im shocked i saw it on reddit before i came upon it here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305276-v-07-of-the-tenno-alphabet-chart/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304643-fellow-tenno-lets-decipher-the-tenno-language/

Thanks! I've linked those prior to starting this thread in the language thread ("Tenno Language in OP"). The threads you have provided were the basis for the study / deciphering of Tenno symbols in my post. 

You know, you should maybe look for contributors on the PC and the Xbox as well to expand the work. I think there's probably more people on PC so you'd probably get a very big bump in what can be studied with that manpower.

You know, you should maybe look for contributors on the PC and the Xbox as well to expand the work. I think there's probably more people on PC so you'd probably get a very big bump in what can be studied with that manpower.

By all means, PC and Xbox one players can contribute; I can only reward PS4 players, though - due to my lack of a decent PC or an Xbox One. 

But yes, PC and Xbox one players are free to contribute. I put it in every post(: although most of the time, my posts are so big, it ends up getting drowned out.

By all means, PC and Xbox one players can contribute; I can only reward PS4 players, though - due to my lack of a decent PC or an Xbox One. 

But yes, PC and Xbox one players are free to contribute. I put it in every post(: although most of the time, my posts are so big, it ends up getting drowned out.

What I mean to say, is you can find somebody to handle it on PC and somebody to handle it on Xbox one and give rewards there. I would also suggest you create a "pool" that allows people to contribute.

That way there's more incentive to participate. As for handling rewards, you can always trade between the people handling. So essentially, people would contribute to the pool (Which you can hold) and then once the event is done, you can give the respective rewards to the PC and Xbox manager to hand them out.

Edit: Also, if I can make a further suggestion: I think you should change the name form irritology to something else. right now it sounds like the study of irritating things :P. I would say you could use the greek word for void which in verb form would be "Keno" or adjective form "Akyri". So either Kenology or Akyrology.

I also point out that as far as I understand it, when you say "the study of" they usually use the greek translation, not the latin. Latin is primarily reserved for scientific names and the such. So for example, Anthropology, Philology, Entomology, Biology all use the greek translation, rather than the latin.

Edit 2: Also, if you want to expand it even more to include all of warframe and not merely the void, you could use a greek version of warframe: Polemosoma "War Body". So that could be Polemosomology. (I just add this for the lulz mostly :P (Polemosomology would be the study of warframes, if you are taking about warframe the game it would have to be Polemosomopexnidiology ))

Edited by Lakitel

OP is a little too into the lore...

Kinda hard to get into something that doesn't exist.

Or does it? That's the point of this thread - lore has been under our noses this entire time. We're just refusing to inhale the white, sugary powder we know as lore through said nose.

What I mean to say, is you can find somebody to handle it on PC and somebody to handle it on Xbox one and give rewards there. I would also suggest you create a "pool" that allows people to contribute.

That way there's more incentive to participate. As for handling rewards, you can always trade between the people handling. So essentially, people would contribute to the pool (Which you can hold) and then once the event is done, you can give the respective rewards to the PC and Xbox manager to hand them out.

I'm actually working on a solution to reward players of all platforms...I'm starting an irritology website (spoilers!). I'll be looking for contributors who are willing to serve as financial providers on each platform. Website will (hopefully) be up by this Friday.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

I'm actually working on a solution to reward players of all platforms...I'm starting an irritology website (spoilers!). I'll be looking for contributors who are willing to serve as financial providers on each platform. Website will (hopefully) be up by this Friday.

Well, I cant fit a Fedora on any of my Frames... thankfully i can still equip a whip (though its a bit more advanced than a Bullwhip).

9/10 times though, i wind up just shooting the melee-wielding enemy in the face with my magnus.

Now begins the Era of the IndyFrames

Sounds good I'm sure there are people who would be willing to help. I also think my solution would be good if you can trust the people.

I'd also like to ask you to read the edits on my previous post :P

I'd also like to ask you to read the edits on my previous post :P

Read and...you're right! I'll be changing the name soon.

I thought I was the only one irritated by "irritology". So I left it. But changes will come with the launch of the website. Good stuff!

Edit: Be sure to sub to this thread, too. It's late where I am, so I'll be resuming discussion on these threads tomorrow...but I SHALL RETURN!

Again, thanks for the various contributions to everyone who has participated in the second day in this thread.

Read and...you're right! I'll be changing the name soon.

I thought I was the only one irritated by "irritology". So I left it. But changes will come with the launch of the website. Good stuff!

Edit: Be sure to sub to this thread, too. It's late where I am, so I'll be resuming discussion on these threads tomorrow...but I SHALL RETURN!

Again, thanks for the various contributions to everyone who has participated in the second day in this thread.

Hahaha, alright, sounds good :). You can always involve the community in naming it as well, you know, get as many people involved as possible.

Hey NearlyDedicated... i have a posible Idea, i was in the last Ceres alert and i thought this:

Why Lephantis, and i think that the infestation itself, think and tell us that "they're part of our flesh"?

I don't know if you just let that text happen and kill Lephantis without thinking about the weight that that phrase says...

Hey NearlyDedicated... i have a posible Idea, i was in the last Ceres alert and i thought this:

Why Lephantis, and i think that the infestation itself, think and tell us that "they're part of our flesh"?

I don't know if you just let that text happen and kill Lephantis without thinking about the weight that that phrase says...

Hey Vykhram!

Yes, I will be starting an event/discussion on a connection between the Tenno and Technocyte virus. A possible road for you to start exploring is the connection between Warframe and DE's precursor to said game, called darksectOr. 

However, this thread will open sometime in the next few days - probably with the launch of the website, due to it being a hot topic among players. 

Are you also looking into what the void is (as in the realm itself)?

We will, indeed. When the website goes live, I will open a surplus of discussions - more so than currently advertised.

Good endeaver!

I strongly support these efforts.

Thanks! All support is absolutely necessary; this isn't a one-man job. It's an endeavor powered purely by the community!

I think, at the root of my fascination with tenno culture, is the desire to know if the only thing Tenno KNOW.... is just an eternity of war

I would like there to be Tenno philosophers, artist, Weaponsmiths, artificers, pilots, engineers... something more than JUST warriors. Much like the Samurai of old, they would have some other pursuit, to balance out their lives (most Samurai where carpenters, poets, writers, fathers, philosophers).

Are Tenno ONLY weapons?

I think, at the root of my fascination with tenno culture, is the desire to know if the only thing Tenno KNOW.... is just an eternity of war

I would like there to be Tenno philosophers, artist, Weaponsmiths, artificers, pilots, engineers... something more than JUST warriors. Much like the Samurai of old, they would have some other pursuit, to balance out their lives (most Samurai where carpenters, poets, writers, fathers, philosophers).

Are Tenno ONLY weapons?

We were created as weapons to use weapons. It's all we know.

I'm sure that we'll get more of an insight into Tenno culture if the Dojo gets a revamp. I agree, I'd like to see us be more than warriors - but it'd be neat if the Tenno started to create their own culture as a result of not being used as just a weapon for the first time.

***- Tenno started to create their own culture as a result of not being used as just a weapon for the first time.

I still hold close to Kalenath's version of the Schism between Tenno and Orokin: Orokin where losing the war... so the turned the Technocyte Virus on and unleashed it on their enemies (you know... what lotus says about Lephantis, this may be cannon). Tenno where horrified, but finished one war... before declaring 'war' on their masters...

...but based on the stalker's entry, that was quite short.... and hilariously one-sided.