Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polemosomology: The Study Of Warframe

(PSN)NearlyDedicated

So to be as true to the original as possible, I basically just took the characters from screenshots in the dojos; the darker blue ones are on doors and the lighter colored white-ish ones are from console panels. There shouldn't be any difference in meaning, I simply lack the skills to pay the bills (or change character colors, for that matter!)

That's about what I suspected. Thanks for the clarification. 

qEml3sr.png

Why we aren't looking at the Lotus, I have no clue - it simply never crossed my mind. Look at her helmet. LOOK AT IT. IT'S GOT TENNO WRITING ON IT. I can't seem to translate it...I think it could just be aesthetic, but there is some writing on her shoulder...I could make out a "V" in another picture, but the writing goes over her shoulders. 

qEml3sr.png

Why we aren't looking at the Lotus, I have no clue - it simply never crossed my mind. Look at her helmet. LOOK AT IT. IT'S GOT TENNO WRITING ON IT. I can't seem to translate it...I think it could just be aesthetic, but there is some writing on her shoulder...I could make out a "V" in another picture, but the writing goes over her shoulders. 

Might want to look to the current, animated profile if we're gonna try and read her. These static pictures may be out of date in terms of the details of the design.

I took a look at the animated profile; the one at the start of missions has a sort of transmission interference effect that leaves it hazy. It's too small to see detail anyway. 

Lookin' at the Lotus pic above, it has a lot of the shapes but none of the right orientation for it to be Orokin writing. Can't make out anything on the shoulder though!

Finishing up some details on the "Technocyte" study...

the study will be launching early, however. Hopefully by tomorrow in the early afternoon!

Also, a new study into the Lotus will be following the Technocyte study, pushing back the other studies - be sure to read up on the Lotus!

Note: DKDiamantes on YouTube is a great source for Warframe lore talks. 

Heads up, bro, I noticed the Latron, Latron Prime, Tiberon, and a few other Tenno weapons have glyphs on them. I'll see if I can't grab a few pictures myself for you, but my schedule is about to get badly messed up. I'm switching shifts from afternoons to midnights, and probably won't be able to get online as much in the next week.

This is a whole other topic and one I might be pretty alone in thinking of.

Anyway, there are orokin sigills that are un-explained. In an attempt to understand what it represents I removed all clutter and joined the lines.

Could it be the symbol of the Orokin?

orokin_emblem_meanings_by_gaber111-d7c5m

Edit: Myth of the stages to Enlightenment in the Lotus are seven stages, or colors.

Interestingly enough the top color is gold.

6 petals of the Lotus leads to Enlightenment = Emperor.

Far fetched? You descide.

Edited by arch111

Heads up, bro, I noticed the Latron, Latron Prime, Tiberon, and a few other Tenno weapons have glyphs on them. I'll see if I can't grab a few pictures myself for you, but my schedule is about to get badly messed up. I'm switching shifts from afternoons to midnights, and probably won't be able to get online as much in the next week.

Thanks Teq, I'll see if I can get some screenshots this afternoon - I don't have the Tiberon, howerver...it's not on PS4 yet ;p

This is a whole other topic and one I might be pretty alone in thinking of.

Anyway, there are orokin sigills that are un-explained. In an attempt to understand what it represents I removed all clutter and joined the lines.

-snip-

This is...interesting. It kinda makes sense, and could fit into the lore. I can't wait to hear what people come up with for the Lotus...we don't really know that much about her from the start, and yet we follow her without hesitation. Good stuff, Arch111.

Ok I found my old post regarding the stages of the Lotus after some digging.

It is clear she or they are AI, likely cybernetic. They hail from the time of the Old War.
This means Orokin. The Lotus knows everything, but tells her soldiers only Need To Know.

Lotus legend has Six stages, six colors = Six clones were made by the Orokin?
White, Red.
Blue, Pink.
Purple, Gold.

Lotus Tenno = being purple the mystic,
Orokin = gold obsessive, this leaves four clones.
Grineer = White and red for mind and love.
Corpus = Blue and pink for knowledge and devotion.

Based on traditional writings of the Lotus.

Sorry guys - the Technocyte study has been delayed one day. I had some personal issues I needed to sort out, but I'm back now!(:

Expect the thread to launch tomorrow @ 3:00 PM EDT.

Also, I will be launching a thread today to look for study moderators - the website function isn't working properly. This thread will launch within the next 30 minutes.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

I found two pieces of writing that I can't figure out for sure, I figured I'd put them up here, the two in question are the "inventory menu" and "vauban forearm" bits; both seem to be unique and I havn't found them in other places. GL to anyone so inclined : )  Also, if anyone knows of any unique writing not represented here, please lemme know!

jghBibl.jpg

Edited by DrJia

Loving the thread, as for the technocyte. Anybody cleared out obvious Eris? If not I will be up there, will compare technocyte from DS to Warframe based on visual representations and then assumptions and basic facts can be pulled, i.e if a virus did this in game A, then in game B it should also do this... (assuming games are related which they are almost are in this case). Somebody may want to follow this thought process, I'll give it a go :)

Loving the thread, as for the technocyte. Anybody cleared out obvious Eris? If not I will be up there, will compare technocyte from DS to Warframe based on visual representations and then assumptions and basic facts can be pulled, i.e if a virus did this in game A, then in game B it should also do this... (assuming games are related which they are almost are in this case). Somebody may want to follow this thought process, I'll give it a go :)

I don't know why it completely slipped my mind that Eris would be the place to go to study the infestation...lol. Be sure to post your findings! I'm interested to see what you (and others) come up with. I'll be making a trip, too, I think.

Good stuff, noveltyhero!

Well, Viruses and whatnot tend to evolve, and with that can come change in how they function.

10 / 12 / 14 - Ancient Shapes study has been closed. No PS4 users made submissions, therefore no rewards will be given out...however, StallordD made the most popular conclusion. See it below.

Other contributors have been added to the OP.

The overlay when using powers is nothing more than Circuitry being highlighted. If you look up any image of circuitry, the resemblance is very clear. Not to mention that the markings are all connected, with no clear beginnings or ends, indicating a complete system, not an arrangement of separate parts. Lastly, the markings bear no resemblance to any language the Tenno have utilized, making such a drastically different writing style very unlikely.

Changes have been made to "Future Studies".

The next study will be on 10/12/14 (today!), and is titled "Beyond the 'Shores of Pluto'"

Hint: You'd best watch this, and listen carefully! 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/323488-community-event-beyond-the-shores-of-pluto/

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

• 2 weeks later...