Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeker Or Tracker Mod For Boomerang Types?

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

I bought a Glaive back when Renown Pack 1 came out on PS4.  I love how similar it is to the one from Dark Sector, but it is missing some of the original weapon's nuances.  The key feature that's missing is after-touch.  If you're of the opinion that after-touch is simply not a viable option in this kind of game, I'm inclined to agree.  The crux of this post is on the multiple occasions that I've thrown the glaive, only for it to whiff completely when the target moves one or two steps to the side.

Instead, I suggest a mod that automates the process.  Instead of the player manually steering the Glaive, allow the weapon to lock-on and then seek out the target.  Some specific suggestions are:

Mod Name: After-touch (allows Tenno to control boomerangs telekinetically)

-Rare Melee Mod (Boomerang type)

-Level 1 - Lock on to enemy after reticule is on them for 3 seconds

-Level 2 - Lock on to enemy after reticule is on them for 1 second

-Level 3 - Lock on to enemy instantly, will track around walls*

-Level 4 - Lock on to enemy instantly, will track around walls, bounces off of nearby enemies**

-Level 5 - Lock on to multiple enemies, track around walls, no longer bounces off of enemies

*Example: I'm locked onto an enemy, and he takes cover around the corner.  I throw the glaive straight, and it curves on its own to hit the enemy

**Number of bounces would correspond with the "quick return" mod

If a mod like this already exists, I'd like to know.  Otherwise, I'd like to see this implemented sometime :)

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

It doesn't and yet it absolutely should exist. You've earned my +1, good sir.

Thanks! I know I'm not the only one who loves the Glaive, and I want my 170 platinum (and everyone else's) to really shine!

IF it's implemented properly, then yes, +1

Oh certainly.  If it's implemented at all, I imagine the higher-level stuff would be cut (damage to multiple enemies, etc). Even if they took my suggestion and made it up to level 3, that would be a massive improvement on a near-perfect weapon.

Another option would be to have a blueprint to build a Telekinetic module for the glaive.  Are there blueprints to build mods?  This could be a groundbreaking change :)

Another option would be to have a blueprint to build a Telekinetic module for the glaive.  Are there blueprints to build mods?  This could be a groundbreaking change :)

This actually rings a bell for a thread a friend of mine made a while back (in like update 7 or so) for Legendary Mods which require being built after they are acquired.

Legendary mod name: Concentration

Polarity: V

Stats: +x% power strength +x% power duration     -y% power range (Y being a higher base value than X) with 10 ranks and an absurdly high mod point cost (like 20 if I remember correctly.)

Sorry for going off topic, I still think it's a good idea to add really rare mods that require construction.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

Your idea sounds nifty but DE will probably never make it that "complicated". This simplified version probably has a better chance of being implemented:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/298315-here-we-go-more-mod-ideas/

Bird of Prey
[Kestrel] Rare
When thrown, the Kestrel homes in on the nearest target then ricochets towards [X] other targets before returning. Punch Through mods have no effect while using this mod. Higher rank means more enemies are hit before returning.

Edited by DarkTails

Your idea sounds nifty but DE will probably never make it that "complicated". This simplified version probably has a better chance of being implemented:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/298315-here-we-go-more-mod-ideas/

Bird of Prey

[Kestrel] Rare

When thrown, the Kestrel homes in on the nearest target then ricochets towards [X] other targets before returning. Punch Through mods have no effect while using this mod. Higher rank means more enemies are hit before returning.

Actually, that does seem a little more balanced and streamlined than my idea.  In the end I just want something so my boomerang doesn't whiff, lol.  I know it's a balancing act (Glaive throw damage is something ridiculous like 400) so they make it a slow-throw/low-accuracy/high-damage kind of situation.  But if I can't throw it with any reasonable accuracy, why be able to throw it at all?