Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tiberon... Make It Heavy, Or Not?

[DE]Momaw

Question

I don't have a ton of experience with Heavy Caliber because I rarely use weapons which are purely about non-crit, non-stat damage.  So I'd like some input here as I start plugging in forma.  The only thing Tiberon is good at is damage, and Heavy Caliber seems to add quite a bit.  On the down side, the loss of accuracy changes this from a burst-firing marksman rifle to a burst-firing mid range rifle where your bullets will start spraying wide of the target beyond 15 meters...  On the other-other hand, a bit of spray isn't necessarily a bad thing if combined with a Shred mod since it thoroughly saturates large groups of enemies.

Opinions?  Tiberon, go heavy or just stack every element in the book? 

The problem is that accuracy without a decent critical chance/damage doesn't really do much other than double the damage on a headshot.  Building a Tiberon for headshots is actually a waste compared to weapons like the Latron Wraith or Sybaris.  If you are not aiming for headshots then the accuracy doesn't really matter, making Heavy Caliber a benefit.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

maxed heavy cal on tiberon improves it in all the ways

gives the burst some spread and with punch thru you hit multi targets with width as well as depth 

thats a matter of preference and play style really

I much prefer it without HC and same for Burston.