Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Sentinels Equipping The Same Mods As Warframes And Weapons

EChondo

Just fix it already. Either make the mods not available or have an asterisk or allow both the sentinel and sentinel's weapon and our frame/weapon to have the same mod both equipped at the same time. This is absolutely absurd that I have to change around my Sweeper every time I want to use Boar or Strun or my DMR when wanting to use Paris or Boltor or just about anything else.

I'm honestly shocked that this wasn't fixed when the UI was updated.

Yeah, this is getting really annoying. Especially since the UI now tells you that a mod can't be installed because the same mod is on the sentinels weapon config B when your using config A. It never used to do that, before you could equip the same mod on the sentinel but use a different configuration when you wanted to use the same mod on your primary. Hence why it's good having duplicates, whether they be the same rank or not.

Hence why it's good having duplicates, whether they be the same rank or not.

Yeah it's great having duplicates, but sucks once you want max Serration on both your Paris Prime and your DMR. Like, do they seriously want us to get two different Serrations to max rank just to have them available for both our sentinels and our weapon?

Maybe if they bring back Dragon Cores, but as of right now having duplicates of some mods is unacceptable as it would take forever to rank another Serration or Heavy Caliber up. 

Yeah it's great having duplicates, but sucks once you want max Serration on both your Paris Prime and your DMR. Like, do they seriously want us to get two different Serrations to max rank just to have them available for both our sentinels and our weapon?

Maybe if they bring back Dragon Cores, but as of right now having duplicates of some mods is unacceptable as it would take forever to rank another Serration or Heavy Caliber up. 

But it also makes sense that you could not physically install the same serration mod on your rifle and sentinel rifle and use them at the same time.

However, what I was talking about was the fact that we don't have an installed indicator on the mods like we used to with the old mod UI. It makes it very frustrating to install mods, and don't get me started on using forma, when the UI keeps telling me I can't put that mod on because it's already on my sentinels weapon.

And like I said before, to drive the point home, I could be putting split chamber(call it split chamber 1) on config A on my primary. (note that I have 2 max split chambers) Because of the lack of installed indicator, my sentinels prime laser rifle ends up with both equipped on config A(split chamber 2) and config B(split chamber 1). For the sake of simplicity lets just say that my second split chamber is on config A of my sentinels weapon and the one I'm trying to put on my primary weapon is on config B. In the past, this normally would not be a problem, because I'm using two different mods. (both primary and sentinels weapon are on config A) But with the new UI, if Split chamber 1 is on config B of the sentinels weapon, then I can't apply split chamber 1 to config A of my primary.

Especially since the UI now tells you that a mod can't be installed because the same mod is on the sentinels weapon config B when your using config A.

You think that's bad?

I had my Carrier + Sweeper (with Point Blank) equipped while using a rifle with Serration.

Unequipped Sentinel and switched to no companion + shotgun loadout.  Can't equip shotgun because the Sweeper - which I don't have equipped because I DON'T HAVE A SENTINEL EQUIPPED  - is using the same Point Blank.

I am constantly equipping a Sentinel and swapping between Sweeper and Deth Machine Rifle because the game remembers the last Sentinel + weapon you had equipped and counts the mods on those items against what you can and cannot use with your personal weapons.

They should just have separate mods for Sentinels like they do with Kubrows. Problem solved! And look, more RNG for the masses to gnash their teeth over! :D

But Kubrows get their mod cards when you make them. Just like Warframes, so this doesn't fix anything. Plus this is mainly weapons and having shotgun/rifle/etc. weapon mod cards for sentinel weapons is just way too much RNG.

Sentinel Weapons don't need their own mods, they just need to cleanly indicate which mods they're using when a conflict could arise.

Then, either prohibit the use of the occupied mod, or offer to unequip it from the Sentinel weapon.

+1, pretyt much.

Because adding sentinel weapon mods would invalidate my second set of every weapon mod already ranked.