Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis And Melee

Deidaku

The stuff teased in both Prime Time and the recent Devstream could potentially make it much easier to fight Lephy melee only. As it is, Glaive/Prime and Kestrel work...very slowly, but I can't say I've seen success or even tried with many others.

If anyone could share the tactics on how to do so, id gladly share with them my friendly friendship T_T

I've seen a video where a bunch of dudes did it melee only, but im told that was a bug. Even with the new tactics it would be very hard to aim for his fleshy spots :/

The stuff teased in both Prime Time and the recent Devstream could potentially make it much easier to fight Lephy melee only. As it is, Glaive/Prime and Kestrel work...very slowly, but I can't say I've seen success or even tried with many others.

You can't beat lephantis with melee only, and you won't be able to. He's too high, and has far too much health/armour to beat with melee.

Even with the channeling leap, you won't be able to reach him reliably to beat him.

Maybe the next couple of bosses could have a gimmick where melee is easier than ranged. Similar to how the Arctic Eximus works in that his shield reflects bullets, but it doesn't stop you from walking in and cutting everyone apart with your sward. 

We are apparently getting air-attacks with much better hit-boxes soon, so that might make bosses like Lephantis do-able, but I imagine that the accuracy of a gun will still be preferred overall. I think it's probably okay that a few bosses benefit more from ranged weaponry, otherwise the developers are going to be very limited in the ways they can make a boss challenging. 

well, pretty much all the bosses can be killed with melee, so why not exclude a few bosses (Lt Lech Kril, general Sargas Ruk, Vor and Lephantis), just to make things more interesting 

I like to have as many options as possible to defeat a boss instead of a clear "shoot the purple spots"

It's jsut that foe lephantis it doesn't really make sense.  You should be able to run on his arms  and jump on his head to melee him but nope...>_>

I like to have as many options as possible to defeat a boss instead of a clear "shoot the purple spots"

It's jsut that foe lephantis it doesn't really make sense.  You should be able to run on his arms  and jump on his head to melee him but nope...>_>

you gotta learn to take slow steps ;) 

I played games were you face this BIG enemy and all of them you kill with....style? so you just need to wait, give it a few months (or years XD)

you gotta learn to take slow steps ;) 

I played games were you face this BIG enemy and all of them you kill with....style? so you just need to wait, give it a few months (or years XD)

Yeah I know it's just weird to me X)

the game is still in beta so I can wait :)

Don't you think it's kinda dissapointing that lephantis can't be really defeated using melee weapons?

No. It's a zelda boss. You have to use the correct weapon type to kill it.

What do you thin could be done to change that without turning him into a weak boss?

Make a boss like lephantis that you can hit with melee.

the game is still in beta so I can wait :)

The game is in beta in name only, TBH. Better to say that you're content with the game as-is and await future updates eagerly:p